Since slowdown perks are nerfed, can we also nerf the gen speed increasing perks?

AarcvanDemen
AarcvanDemen Member Posts: 46
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Just saying. Or we go to the old way of gen rushing tactics. Your choice.

Comments

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134

Unbelievable.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

No, survivors have suffered enough nerfs already.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I think we need old moris back as well. Not the 1-hook moris. I mean the OG no-hook immediate executions.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

The "old gen rushing tactic" can be done without gen speed perks easily. Gens a rushed by splitting up to do gens (so not even proove is required) and using busted toolboxes. What do you want to nerf here exactly? Deja Vu, Fast Track, Overzealous (no one runs this ones), Resilience (need to stay injured), or proove (like I wrote, not needed for real gen rushing, and feels very much required in soloQ with increases gen times, also countered by discordance)?

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    edited August 2022

How would this be fair? In the recent patch, not only did gen speeds get buffed, but killers got a load of buffs to gen slow-down/regression perks. Survivors have had to endure weeks of Thana, Eruption, Merciless, Overcharge, Jolt, etc., most of which by the way, stack with each other. You're also forgetting that it's only really Thana that's getting a huge nerf (and rightly so).

The only powerful gen speed perk is PT, which is absolutely fine as it is. Resilience relies on the survivor staying injured (which therefore makes it easier for the killer to get them down), and others (Deja Vu, Overzealous, etc.) are so rare/situational and are not even particularly strong perks.

So no, I don't think it's fair to nerf the couple of perks that survivors have to counter all the buffs that killers have received.