Comments

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

Because Sadako sucks and should have her TP available from the start lol

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Yeah. Its amazing with multiple aura perks but at that point you are bringing nothing else and if you get a big map, you just gotta accept that you'll lose. Its for sure incredible if you have some good aura reading add-ons to go with it as well though.

And not that bad with even a single aura reading perk

• CookieBaws
    CookieBaws Member Posts: 619
    edited August 2022
    Options

It's should not work on itself for sure.

If you run Distortion, you will lose 2 tokens, because it lasts 11 seconds.

They need to bump Distortion to 15 seconds and i don't have any problems.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

And then explain what we could done and he abused the add on so hard that if we tried to bodyblock for the tunneled one he got instanly healthy survivor down and just continued tunnel. He got some hooks before that but started to hard tunnel our team weakest survivor. He would lost that game without that add on he got 6 instadowns throught game with it. The end situation there was nothing we could do as he camped the closely gens and the hook at same time.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,382
    edited August 2022
    Options

I'd argue the devs might have buffed this perk just so killers would use it more often and stop complaining about spawns or hard early games, thus it's actually a healthy perk for the game. On most killers Lethal Pursuer is ok but not all that great. On Nurse and Blight however I agree. It is very oppressive and a bit overtuned. That has more to do with the killers than the actual perk though.

• SekiSeki
    SekiSeki Member Posts: 516
    Options

I love the perk, I use it on almost every killer. I can say it is a little overtuned when you pair it with add ons, but with perks it's not. Maybe they can make an edit to the addon duration increase but I'd rather play against lethal than another slowdown.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

Lethal makes sense together with BBQ or on Cenobite to locate your box easier.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

You are at 3v1, dude is camping 1 guy and protecting 2 gens. What do you do?

You do the last remaining gen, 99 the gate and maybe attempt a save.

If he tries to defend the last gen he is clearly not able to camp. And if you tell me you guys 3 gened yourselves so hard dude was able to face camp and at the same time defend 3 gens, you wholly deserved to lose there.

Also please tell me which add on turns blight into this uncounterable abuse machine ...

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    Options

Um. Considering the other, better perks those two killers could be using, I would be happy if they're choosing to use LP.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,201
    Options

We didn't know where the last gen was it was on game map where gens are hard to locate in some places. The last gen was done about 50% but the blight downed one guy enough close to it. Everyone was hooked once so 60s hook timer is not enough to do that last gen which we never found and you can't really expect solo teammates to do perfect desicions. Our best shot was to get blight out of that are and keep trading. The blight only won because that broken add on which need to be removed.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

No

• Mewishis
    Mewishis Member Posts: 305
    Options

The reason people didn't use it a lot was because it felt like a waste because it was used up immediately the only reason aura perks are catching on is because of this buff otherwise it would have just been a niche part of builds. If you take away this buff don't complain if you just start seeing more of the boring builds that fully center on regression.

• Mewishis
    Options

Use distortion enough said.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

The perk was not that good before, and now it's pretty decent. Not OP at all but the small whiny survivor mob just got Thana nerfed so they move on to the next perk. If this gets nerfed then they target another perk. Because they know devs always listen to this loud little group. Most of us survivors don't care if killers have good perks but we are quiet and that is the problem.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

He put he uses Distortion in the OP. When he’s spawns with someone else or the whole team (which happens more now than before) it defeats the purpose. The other auras bring the killer to that area, thus wasting a token and potentially putting him in chase first.

• Remedicist
    Remedicist Member Posts: 1,096
    Options

Information is just that: information. Whether the killer can use the information well depends on the skill of the killer as well as the skill of the survivor. If you use LP and want its secondary effect to work by using another duration aura perk, that is 2 slots or more that you are using just for auras (meaning not many slowdown, chase, or utility perks being used). For some killers, that is a fair trade if they can use all that information well. It is not overtuned at all as there is still a give and take going on and it still synergizes better with some than it does for others just like any other perk.

• Mewishis
    edited August 2022
    Options

I was more joking, but I think OP needs to split up if they notice a token lost, because right now other survivors aren't taking advantage of the aura protection perks available to them as aura reading perks are now worth using. Aura reading isn't op, they should simply use one of the old countermeasures for aura reading protection that is at their disposal that is significantly underutilized in this update of dbd. It used to be the case where you could just slap on any meta perk and just win games, but now people really need to use their perk slots in order to fulfill what they want in the game, tired of having your aura read and want defense? Use distortion. Are generators going to slow? Use Prove Thyself. Stuff like that, like it's not really the killer's fault anyways if other survivors aren't going to take advantage of the distortion buff and how much it benefits you now, especially when people are now using a lot of aura reading perks.

But to blame it on killers using aura reading perks? That's just odd, it's like people don't want to see some perk disparity between matches lol.

• Mewishis
    Options

That also got me thinking they really should show the other survivors what perks everyone on the survivor team is using shouldn't they, its outrageous considering swf already know.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Nah its fine it serves 2 effects its original and makes other perks better

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

If they do, it would have to during the match and not in the lobby. Don’t want to give the lobby dodgers another reason to leave. ‘Not running meta perks? I’m out.’

• Neyar
    Neyar Member Posts: 65
    Options

Aside from now being worded oddly, the base mechanic is fine. IMO it should read 'see survivor auras for 11 seconds at the start of the match and increase *other* aura reading abilities by 2 seconds' but that's just nit picking.

The one area I'm on the fence about is that it buffs add-ons with aura reading. Perks make sense, sure, but things like Compound 21 don't need buffed.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Lethal Pursuer is fine.

• Slan
    Slan Member Posts: 286
    Options

Lethal Pursuer only works at the beginning of the match and in combos. The buff made it more useful than before, as a perk that only works at the beginning of the match is useless for most of the game. The buff was necessary, if you ask me, as without it the perk would be dead with very few exceptions.

• Sparks741420
    Sparks741420 Member Posts: 134
    Options

And some perks only work at the end of the match... that doesnt make lethal an invaluable perk... but making the perk capable of boosting other perks AND add-ons? That's a tad over-powered.. too many ways to abuse it where as it shouldve been buffed as a stand-alone perk by itself rather then buffing EVERY reveal perk along with it...

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 368
    Options

I think it's just fine. Is the bonus 2 seconds on aura reading really good? Sure is but at the end of the day you need to run perks that combo with it to get more use outta it which means less space for regression perks. It's just a good all round perk now.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

It's a perk that discourages slow down and encourages chasing. Complain about something else. Like how camping is way overtuned this update.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

What you've described is an issue with Nurse, not an issue with the perk.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

killers have a lot of busted perks, so they think any very good perk is trash

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

The proposed idea of it only affecting itself is laughable, especially given new distortion. Let's pretend lethal was just a flat 11 seconds and nothing else.

New distortion not only 100% counters it but continues to counter other killer aura perks as well? So distortion hard counters lethal and depending on refresh rate of tokens in match other killer perks as well?

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options
  • StickyB
    StickyB Member Posts: 96
    Options

Using lethal pursuer means you're most likely using at least 1 other aura reading perk, which means killers running it aren't stacking 4 slowdown perks. Isn't this what survivors are wanting?

Aura reading is hardly meta right now, yet lethal pursuer incentivises taking more aura reading and not stacking slowdown.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

You also typically get more than 11 seconds of value out of those endgame perks.

• Viskod
    Viskod Member Posts: 854
    Options

I don't think you can complain about Lethal Pursuer when you can use Distortion, Off the Record, and Residual Manifest to just completely destroy killer Aura reading.

• Whoudini
    Whoudini Member Posts: 309
    Options
  • prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361
    Options

All I would do to it is stop the passive from affecting lethal pursuer itself

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

Imagine if survivors could all spawn in separated, next to a gen, and given a repair speed boost for 10 seconds, and it only cost 1 perk slot...

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
    Options

On nurse yeah but i use it on demo nemesis and pyramid head especially with im all ears its such a good combo

• TDtheDoc
    TDtheDoc Member Posts: 225
    Options

Reasons survivors DC

Hit first or hooked first

Dont like killer

Dont like perk killer is using

Killer is winning

Everything else that can happen that benefits killer

Killer outplayed them.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Survivor can already do that but they don't have to give up a perk slot they bring a toolbox.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

When I bring toolboxes, I spawn in next to other survivors, away from any gens, and one of us is being chased 10s later.

Not sure which magical toolbox you bring...

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Indeed. As a killer main I am very careful what I whine about, least they actually nerf it and we are left with just a bland game. If everything out of the ordinary were to be nerfed we would end up with perks all giving just minute +5% boni least something were too strong. Lets not go down that road.

But I would consider the DH nerf the one, big success story of DBD.