Lethal Pursuer is a bit over-tuned, no?

Options
Ghoste
Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

It was already a powerful perk before the recent buff, particularly on Nurse and Blight. Now I’d argue it’s so good that you’re handicapping yourself by not using it. I’ve been using Distortion to counter it, but it doesn’t do much when I spawn next to other Survivors who don’t have it.

What do you think? Did Lethal Pursuer really need a buff when there are plenty of weaker perks that need some love?

P.S. shout-out to you Nurse players using Midwich offerings + Lethal and basically winning the match in 10 seconds.

Comments

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

It's fine as it is as the main part of the perk is done after 9 seconds which is what most killers use it for is to see where survivors spawned, the +2 sec buff is really not that great or to be worried about, if they added it to the main reason for it so 11 sec at tier 3 then i could agree that is was over-tuned.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Yes, a perk that literally only works on first few second is not quite fun to use even if it's actually not that bad.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,542
    Options

Wait.... didn't they add time on other aura reading perks with Lethal Pursuer?

• Sparks741420
    Sparks741420 Member Posts: 134
    Options

the added 2 seconds for other perks is def easily abused...

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I 100% agree. It was already a great perk that was catching on. The sooner the killer gets into a chase, the better. I don’t think anyone saw that perk being good, when Nemmie dropped. I sure as hell didn’t. Now it adds 2 seconds to aura reading? Pairs well with Barbecue, Dark Devotion, and Scourge Floods.

• fulltonon
    Options

Uh... it's just two seconds, it's not like aura perks will be game changer unless it's nurse.

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586
    Options
  • AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options

It's perfect. I love the extra time added with it. Simplicity at it's finest.

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 606
    Options

The buff to lethal was like one of the only good things that came from the patch what are you even talking about

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

It is useful though. For instance, I played a match the other day with Oni with Lethal Pursuer plus his red add-on that shows survivor auras when they touch a blood orb. Normally that aura is only 2 seconds but with Lethal Pursuer it's 4 seconds, twice as long, which is a nice buff to it. I don't remember the other things I ran off-hand but I definitely got value out of that combo (including getting an early chase and hit because of Lethal Pursuer.)

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

it was next to useless but with the current buff i can actually use it without feeling like im playing with 3 perks

• GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

It's 25% of the killer's build that goes away after 11 seconds... The 2 extra seconds in aura perks/addons is decent but hardly game changing

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,728
    Options

It's only a problem for specific killers. Shouldn't neef a whole perk because nurses use it. If it's a problem, then they should look into the killers it's a problem with.

• fulltonon
    Options

It IS useful but nowhere close to OP or even calling "abusable".

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Oh sure, I'm not aware of anything actually broken about it.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

A killer perk that doesn't turn itself off or function worse than baseline mechanics unless you remove a lot of gen slowdown to take advantage of the +2? Oh no. Anyways.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

I feel like you have two roads to go down right now to significantly slow the game down as a killer. You can either run lethal with an aura build or run corrupt intervention. Before this patch I pretty much just always ran corrupt, but with lethal buffed it feels like you have more options.

Lethal is great on killers who have built in aura reading or can make use of BBQ.

Corrupt is great for slow killers who have a hard time moving around the map.

I wish there were more perks for early game to give you time to find people, or a killer who struggles to get setup has more time to do so.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I mean you're assuming that if these things are changed about these killers then everything else remains the same. Sadako could get access to her teleport earlier, but the cooldowm between teleports is longer earlier in the trial. Nurse could have a faster movement speed but take longer to get blink tokens.

Not saying these are changes that should necessarily happen, just stuff off the top of my head.

Also I said I don't think Sadako should have to wait 30 seconds, not that she should be able to immediately teleport nonstop

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

It's not overtuned. Before it was kinda of a waste of a slot. Did you get value out of it? Yeah pretty much all the time. But is it worth a perk slot? No. Now it's ok but It feels kinda badly designed cause why would you want to stack info perks.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

Lethal is fine.

You get a good early game for killers with good chase and then after that you get slightly longer aura reads which encouarges you to use more tracking, which is a good thing IMO. If you nerf everything that isn't gen slowdown into the dirt people are just going to run 4 gen slowdowns which is incredibly boring

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

All good, definitely still doesn't make it overtuned though, just gives more utility

• vanhoya
    vanhoya Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2022
    Options

You people don't read patch notes. If you don't like aura reading as a survivor put on the new, considerably buffed Distortion.

With Distortion, even if a killer runs lethal pursuer, bbq, floods of rage, and im all ears, they will rarely see your aura-as long as they have a decent sized terror radius. Tokens build up quickly if you are sneaky.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

No <3

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

It's not overturned, no

• Mavericks
    Mavericks Member Posts: 89
    Options

Survivors are ready to cry for any perk. This is an absolutely normal perk. Or do you want us to bring 4 slow perks to a match?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,603
    Options

...Really?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,928
    Options

Probably not. Not that it's uncounterable (e.g.: count an extra few seconds before leaving a locker if you suspect BBQ, which is still pretty common), but there are add-ons and other perks that it boosts which are less easy to know.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    Options

Killers should have perks like lethal that make the game start quicker. It's difficult to find survivors sometimes especially for new players, and gens really fly at the start of the game.

I'm a survivor main and it's fine to me, but if you don't like it distortion is there to use. I've been running it and it's been a life saver, even if you spawn with another survivor they won't be looking for two people in the same area.

As for mid game, lockers, shadow step, distortion. You could also run object of obsession so you see them every time they see you as well, good info for you.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

It can be insane on nurse if all survivors spawn together. Had nurse downing no mither kate in 5s in the game and using startruck I was so close that she managed to hit me as well and I was surpriced how fast she got first down. Then she downed my other two teammates after hooking kate.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,216
    Options

Anyone who thinks nurse is fine has lost their touch to what survivor really is. Blight is pretty fine but needs that exposed add on removed I played yesterday agains't one and we did fine got 4 gens tried to finish last but couldn't because he tunneled one out before and then hard camped the next one on hook with the add on and 2 gens was close to that hook. Well we traded multiple times but didn't help he knew how to abuse the add on.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,423
    Options
  • Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options
  • kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    edited August 2022
    Options

Except he doesn't. He literally said he was wrong lmao.

Also is Dowsey now the singular most knowledgeable killer player out there? Anyone else - Otzdarva, Scott,anyone,would tell you that she's not A tier by any stretch of the imagination

• kizuati
    Options

wait right @GoodBoyKaru ######### happened I didn't even notice that was you

• kizuati
    Options

sadako is clearly better because you can instantly Mori a survivor if they turn off the brains and don't think while playing the videogame

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

Just because there are perks weaker than this one, that doesn't mean this perk didnt need a buff. Its definitely not overtuned either. It went from a perk that can only be useful once to a perk that can be useful more than once IF you bring specific perks or add-ons to go with it.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Nah it's not, it went from 4 stars to 5 stars but it's not overturned as you still have to build around it a bit. The real problems are with Nurse as it's one of many perks she abuses better than anyone else but atp I'm convinced Nurse defenders have BHVR's family in a basement some where to insure Nurse never gets nerfed.