To hell with the PR+DMS combo!

Options

One of the few (very few things) why as a surv I liked this patch was that the annoying PR+DMS combo finally disappeared. The devs mentioned that the purpose of this patch was to change the meta, and now they return this combo?

Yes, yes, I already know "just let go", of course! let me just say that to the random survs while i playing solo.

"But it's not that strong anymore, because now DMS only lasts 30 seconds" Yes! but now each gen takes 10 seconds longer so that combo is still just as strong.

"But now it's not so strong because survs don't scream anymore" Indeed, but the aura of the blocked gens changes, so the killer can know exactly where to go.

The purpose of gens now lasting longer in this patch is so that killers will use different builds and not gen slowdown builds, with the gens situation right now this combination cannot exist!

Comments

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Lol yeah they really didnt need to do that

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
    Options

At least with merciless+PR you had the chance to get all 40 skillchecks right and complete the gen..now you're always forced off it unless you let go at the right time..

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,574
    Options

I know it's a pain in soloQ, but its really only JUST-LET-GO to break that combo!

It's funnny how everyone seems to know to NOT-CLEANSE, although it may be detrimental, but a genuine advice with no real downside like this is not known / ignored.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

just make your teammates get good.

kek

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

If you are paying attention this combo should only work once per solo q player or once per SWF as survivors can just let go of the gen when someone gets picked up and resume on the gen after the hook.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233
    Options

Just let go of the gen before someone gets hooked then get back on it after...

Look I know alot of bad survivors want the game to hand hold you but just play smart. I'm honestly tired of seeing comments like this when it has a clear and easy counter.

You can let go as soon as someone is downed or if you want to be efficient as possible like me just let go as you see the survivors aura as they're getting hooked (the aura shows before they're actually hooked) BOOM easy counter, as always.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    edited August 2022
    Options

This combo is pure trash with only 30sec DMS. On top of that its the easiest thing in the game to counter it. Just do nothing while the hook animation aura is showing to you. Is that too hard for u?

I dont know what ur problem is?

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Couldn't agree more. They need to revert the changes to PR and DMS asap in my opinion.

This really is one of the biggest problems with DBD right now though. Gens increased to 90 seconds was done so killers would be less dependent on slowdown perks, taking some of the power of slowdown perks and adding it to the game's basekit. But sadly they only did this with the meta slowdown perks. And now we are stuck with other slowdown perks that are also just too much with the increased gen times, especially Eruption and Pentimento, and maybe Gift of Pain a bit as well. Thana at least got nerfed now.

And now they readded the PR and DMS combo, which was probably the most powerful slowdown combo that existed before the patch. It's quite mind boggling. I hope they realise this fast enough and remove that combo again.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

I really don't think that's it. It's more that they are seemingly struggling to understand what balancing this game needs currently. Right now they need to reduce the power of strong slowdown perks a bit, now with 90 second gens being a thing, and not rebuff certain slowdown perks, or slowdown perk combos. But they seem to not get the hang out of during this correctly. I am sure they understand this, but somehow they are underestimating the power of certain slowdown perks, or in this case, a slowdown perk combo.

If they didn't care, we wouldn't even have gotten balance changes to 3 perks in a hotfix. I mean, I can't remeber when they ever made such balance changes within a hotfix before in DBD.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335
    Options

LOL easy counter. Let go of the gen after you see the killer pick someone up to hook. scourge hooks are already rng based on the map. This is just a lazy complaint. simple counter. the killer won't know you're on this gen since they no longer get the noise notification and if you let go, they won't see dms activate. it's still a weaker combo than before with the counter play (which already existed) being better.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 489
    Options

Actually I think this was a buff to Saboteur. Now it's more likely you'll see Scourge Hooks, so its stronger to sabo Scourge Hooks.

• RodDeWitt
    RodDeWitt Member Posts: 34
    Options

"Yes, yes, I already know "just let go", of course! let me just say that to the random survs while i playing solo."

You didn't even read my comment didn't you?

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,108
    edited August 2022
    Options

Even if they are settling with the lesser of two evils on this one, I'm happy to see PR + DMS a'la carte.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700
    Options

I did. Here is the solution: Dont group up at gens. If someone comes, move on. Problem solved XD. Is this a good solution? Of course not. But SoloQ is always a pain.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

yeah the great "meta shake up" lul, now you can give us self-care, DS and iron will back too

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

Don't reply to Marik, he can't get his head outta his a**.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

This is one of those things where I can genuinely say that this is not a solo queue problem.

Even players in solo queue can understand what the counter to DMS is. This is entirely a problem only to the noobest of noobiest noobs.

It's really not that good a combo and as a killer main, if I wanted to stack slowdowns, this would not be it. Now PR and deadlock, that's some guaranteed value right there. Or good ol plaything, pentimento and deadlock.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    Options

Your so-called "easy counter" translates into the 3 other survivors surrendering 10-15 game seconds, i.e. 30-45 effective generator-repair seconds - on every down. I would highly recommend thinking before speaking next time.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,345
    Options

How? You have at max just let go for 5 seconds, since you can see the aura when someone is getting hooked, if you are letting go after they go down and until the unhook is complete, you are lacking a lot of desicion making.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,946
    Options

As a fan of the first hour of the scourge hook PainRes I must say that this change is beyond tone deaf.

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273
    Options
  • Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

To be fair there is a chat box before the match begins. You could actually tell your teammates to let go of the gen when someone is about to get hooked.

Atleast on pc, don't know about console

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    Options

They made its max effect lower than it used to be at tier 1

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Well said! The biggest issues for me are killers stacking slowdown perks and tunneling/camping. The game desperately needs buffs for Solo Q as well.

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335
    Options

You still have rng scourge hooks which means the killer won't get a PR proc on every hook. Which means they won't get PR on every down as you say. If you have progress going on multiple gens, only one will be affected per PR proc. Lastly this incentivizes a killer trying to get hooks and leaving the hook to pressure gens to try to proc DMS. Meaning killers with this perk combo are less likely to camp the hook.

I have thought plenty on this. I highly recommend you try understanding how game mechanics work before responding.