Gens are too long

Options

Gens are too long now. They were too long before (see 1 below), but now they are wayyy too long.

Sources

1: See intro of this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0heP9ZSmT0)

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Generally speaking I’m a killer main in part because survivor has too much downtime either being on a gen, dying on the ground or hanging from a hook. I’ve never found trying to hit skill checks that fun compared to the rest of the game (if anything I get more stressed doing them than anything I do as killer). If it weren’t for opening chests being kind of fun and helping other survivors in cooperative actions feeling good I’d never play survivor at all. (As is I sometimes play Ace with a Plunder build where I go in with a toolbox, use it up immediately on the first gen, then grab a new item from a chest and try and use it if I can.)

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

Gens are fine

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

No gens are fine at 90 seconds. It was a much needed change for balance.

If anything, there are just certain slowdown perks that need to be toned down a bit.

Also, now more than ever, BHVR should instead nerf camping and tunneling, instead of nerfing killers back in general. Now that their basekit is buffed, BHVR could definitely nerf camping and tunneling in a proper way. I really hope that's what they'll do.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,091
    Options

If maps were less safe overall, there could be a point to reducing gen speeds. But as it stands with many maps containing multiple safe tiles that sometimes can be chained together, 90 seconds gens is needed so the killer actually has time to build up pressure.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,622
    Options

90 second gens are fine. It's some of the slowdown perks that are too strong.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

I disagree. The problem is BHVR wants to increase kill rates, but increasing gen times - which, mind you, everybody was against because gens were boring even at 80 seconds - while simultaneously giving buffs to killers to decrease chase times, while also nerfing survivors to make it easier for killers to down survivors is simply not the answer.

Kill Rates would've increased with the DH and DS nerfs, not that DS needed the stun duration nerf.

• MaxIsBased
    MaxIsBased Member Posts: 52
    Options

The gens were fine before and now. The only problem is you not being able to hold down m1 for 90 seconds.

• Carnivorone
    Carnivorone Member Posts: 84
    edited August 2022
    Options

Why not give killers more buffs and decrease gens? Gens are BORING and take too long.

Increasing gen time seems to actually encourage camping, too. So I don't know what you're talking about.

• Carnivorone
    edited August 2022
    Options
  • Carnivorone
    Options

Exactly, and BHVR just basically decided to take that absolute worst part of the game ever and amplify it. As if they couldn't have just made changes elsewhere

• Carnivorone
    Options

Exactly, and BHVR decided to take that absolute worst part of the game and amplify it, as if there wasn't any other place that changes could be made.

• Carnivorone
    Options

Why does everyone keep focussing on perks? Base game changes should be the main focus because they affect every single game rather than just those which people decide to bring the perk in, and 90 seconds of doing boring skill checks is intolerable.

At least the tasks in something like Among Us actually involve doing something visual. It's just utterly beyond me how everyone can think this is ok. What's next, 100 seconds? And I have to pretend I still enjoying this game just because i've sunk so much money into it?

• Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479
    Options

With 80 seconds gens and no perks both sides to speed or slow a competent team of survivors can open the gates in 4 minutes.

You had time for maximum 3 chases. Less if you had troubles finding survs or if some part of the map got eavily spoiled.

No counterplay possible unless you play blight and nurse.

Now with 90 seconds those 10 seconds allow a lot of times to arrive after a chase and stop a gen that is almost completed and this is crucial.