Can we just remove hatch?

Options
Kaitsja
Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

With how much killers love tunneling and slugging for the 4k, I'm feeling like hatch should just be removed. It's almost like there's this unspoken rule where if the killer doesn't 4k, then it's a loss and they should just commit seppuku, having brought shame and dishonor to themselves and their family.

I don't think survivors are entitled to hatch or anything like that, I just feel like it's pointless now.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

Only if you provide an alternate viable means of escape for the last Survivor.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,219
    edited August 2022
    Options

Don't remove hatch, make the hatch close automatically after 60 seconds. What's ######### about hatch is it feels like a bit of a loss for most killers when a survivor is camping it. This game is full of people with thin skin. But we can make small changes like that to cater to them that still make sense from a gameplay perspective. What about blocking the last survivor in? Making hatch auto close after 60 seconds would solve this problem.

If hatch auto closed, the killer could be 100% certain that the game would be over after 3 minutes if they did nothing, but more likely 60 seconds if they don't find hatch, since the last survivor would probably jump in before it auto closes.

You could also remove collision between the last survivor and the killer to prevent some awkward scenarios, but I think with hatch auto closing this isn't necessary.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

Yeah, it's just extremely weird to have two seconds chance mechanics which can be ENTIRELY DENIED by killer's action for some reason.

We don't need one, just finish a match quickly and they will be more happier due to not wasting time.

• fulltonon
    Options

Realistically speaking, finding ACTUALLY hiding survivor is impossible, it is even told to be holding the game hostage if there is more than 2 people left.

If any changes that helps getting hatch happens, we have to remove anything that require 4k too.

• TAG
    Options

If you don't have one, you encourage players to hide forever.

• Kaitsja
    Options

Bleedout timer going twice as fast when there's only two survivors left is definitely something I'd be down for. I'd also be okay with EGC triggering as soon as only one survivor is left.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

If you wanna make a thread complaining about killers playing killer, make a thread about that. What's hatch got to do with it?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,200
    Options

it about kilelr slugging for the 4k so the last survivor doesn't get hatch.

nothing to do with killers play killer.

• Kaitsja
    Options

Just tired of being slugged for the 4k because the killer doesn't want any chance of the last survivor getting hatch. Do you have any idea how long it takes for a survivor to bleed out? Four minutes. More often than not, you get bled out before the killer finds the other survivor.

• fulltonon
    Options

That is already against rules anyway, just add hard time limit and kill last survivor when all other died.

It can slightly help for hostage situation too.

• TAG
    Options

You don't want your game to naturally encourage them to break the rules.

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 158
    Options

I always find it annoying when killers do this, too. The worst is when there's 2 survivors left with several gens left to go and the killer slugs one and then camps their body to wait for the other to try to save them. Puts the onus on the last survivor to be the bigger person and let themselves be killed so everyone can move on.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

If deleting the hatch would guarantee preventing slugging for the 4K and killers being able to slug all 4 and leave them to bleed out, I'd be all for it. But it wouldn't.

I would rather have a mechanic where if the survivor has been on the ground for 2 minutes they can then try to kobe up off the floor 3 times and each failure reduces their bleed out timer by 20 seconds. The survivor either gets up on their own or dies 60 seconds sooner, it'd be a win-win for them. It wouldn't eliminate the problem but it would save a minute.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Very annoying when killer can't find last one and you stay there for full duration, maybe let us suicide on ground after 30 seconds but only when 2 people are alive in endgame not before, then killers will hook the 3rd one more often and if they don't you can just die on ground quickly

• dinomazing
    dinomazing Member Posts: 119
    Options

^ just thinking of this animation of failing to get up sounds so funny. i want it for that reason alone.

The only way a survivor can camp hatch is if there's an offering. In which case, the killer knows where it'll be too, so....I'm a little confused by this sentiment ngl.

• fulltonon
    Options

Current implementation does, with my changes they won't try to hide because they will die either way.

• TAG
    Options

Yes, current implementation does that too, but your idea has them hiding out still with two people alive. It's not making the game better at all.

• fulltonon
    Options

Actually, two people alive will not hide like they do it now, because their only chance of escape will be generators only.

Current implementation encourage them to hide since they don't need to do generator, as opposed to killing them.

• MadEyePopo
    MadEyePopo Member Posts: 138
    Options

I love it any time the game throws in a plot twister mechanic such as hatch. It helps keep the game more interesting. I never feel like I lost or had less fun just because a survivor hatch escaped against me.

• MaxIsBased
    MaxIsBased Member Posts: 52
    Options

4k only gives you more bloodpoints anyway. Also that rule that if you don't 4k you lost is just some bullshit that was made up by the lead game designer.

• fulltonon
    edited August 2022
    Options

actually, 4k is generally a requirement for lot of things.

Which is purely stupid and dumb design in game like this.

• TAG
    Options

They will simply hide to avoid death as long as possible. They won't march to their deaths like you think.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

I think killers want to go for the 4k because its their objective thats gets rewarded with a bonus for achieving? the same as is escaping as a survivor? I want to point out that theres not even modifiers for the amount of escapes or kills, you get bonus points for escaping yourself or killing ALL survivors.

The community is weird anyways, Killers are somehow obliged to play nice and maybe let someone go, be content with 3 kills, but survivors barely offer themselves up to the killer at the end. Yes, yes, they do at the start because they heard a shriek and decide to screw over the 3 other survivors, but I'm sure people will agree that theres a difference, hopefully. Rant over, back to the topic lol.

The hatch sadly is still necessary because survivors will just stop trying once they decide its "not worth it" anymore. Slugging for the 4k is a strategy to delay an unfavorable situation (Hatch opens), just as 99'ing a door (EGC starts) (which is strangely accepted unlike slugging). We cant delete the hatch because survivors will not do gens in a hopeless situation, but survivors willl also go for the hatch because it's easier/safer than doing the remaining gens... uh,... what a nice chicken or egg conundrum.

• fulltonon
    Options

Then we should add hard time limit of 30 minutes, it can also fix other hostage problem too.

And if that is what they do, the problem is on them, we can already do that from beginning with four man if we REALLY want to not die, but you know we won't do that.

• TAG
    Options
  • fulltonon
    Options

Removing the hatch WILL fixes the problem of encouraging people to hide.

• Kaitsja
    Options

Need more people like you honestly.

Slugging for pressure is perfectly fine. Slugging for the 4k is boring and happens more often than it should. It could be mitigated with other solutions like being able to bleed out faster, or basekit Unbreakable, or BP incentives.

I'm tired of these "strategies" that just end up being frustrating experiences. Hatch creates a situation where the killer has to choose between potentially getting a 4k or getting a 3k, which is why I don't much like the Hatch mechanic. There are chill killers who decide to do the whole "see who gets hatch first" but in my experience, they have been few and far between, whereas there's no shortage of the ones who slug to guarantee the 4k.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,219
    Options

I've mentioned many times that I want hatch to auto close after 60 seconds. It feels kinda ######### when the last survivor waits for you at hatch, same energy as survs waiting at gates. Forcing the survs to enter hatch if they find it would probably cause less killers to slug for the 4k.

• TAG
    Options

It does not. People can and do hide just to draw the game out as long as possible if they know they are unlikely able to finish the gens.

• Patchouli_Knowledge
    Patchouli_Knowledge Member Posts: 39
    edited August 2022
    Options

I think instead of hatch a better mechanic should be the last survivor fix gens faster. With the hatch there are too many people in solo q just hide and let teammate die. It annoys me so much that when there are two survivors left, it's always the one who is trying to fix gens alone and actually contribute to the team that will be the one dead. I really hate it and sometimes I feel a strong urge to rat these people out.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567
    Options

Without hatch there is no point in continuing to play the game in a bad situation. Example: 4 gens remaining and 1 person already sacrificed. What's the point in continuing the game as a survivor? Survivors will all die with a very high probability. Hatch at least gives some hope that maybe one of you can escape.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    Options

I'd prefer if a fully recovered survivor recieved an option to do a kind "slug kobe" they can attempt to stand up, if they fail they lose like a third of their bar and the killer is notified of their position. They can try again after like a 15 second cooldown.

• ElSegador
    ElSegador Member Posts: 21
    Options

You are very wrong actually, killing 3 Survivors is already winning for most, the hatch is there, to generate a means of escape for the Survivor quickly, and more safely when the murderer literally already won the game, since if I kill your partner, going alone, a Killer against a Survivor, should do it extremely fast, in any case, I would eliminate the hatch of the game, but let the end game begin, as soon as the last Survivor bleeds completely.

• Kaitsja
    Options

I made a sweeping generalisation about killers, I did not actually specify whether it was the majority.