Can we honestly just nerf Blight and Nurse?

Options
Jurasaurz
Jurasaurz Member Posts: 22
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Seriously, this game has how many killers? 27? 28?

I don't even feel the variety.

I am a casual player, just talking about it honestly, my MMR is super low since I am just trying to have fun.

I've played a lot of matches as survivor with some friends and mostly solo. It doesn't even get better if we all die 50 times in a row. Literally just had my paper and wrote some results.

110 matches played overall. Only Nurse alone were 34 matches, Blight ones were 47. Other 29 matches are split between 9 Legions, 4 Deathslinger and we have left 16 matches for killers like Twins (faced her once), Doctor - 2 times, 2 times Myers, 5 times it was Nemesis, 2 Huntress, 3 Plagues and 1 Ghostface.

There are some killers who simply don't even exist in this list because it was my last 110 matches I had, I surely faced One Cenobyte before and One Pig after I stopped this listing.

Sometimes it could just be 3 matches in a row facing only Nurses as if there are no other killers in this entire game, or 4 Blights in a row.

If we are TALKING about how Killers and Survivors use same perks for several years in a row and how we want variety, this doesn't even look like a normal variety for me.

It's becoming too unfun overall for such a game.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• alunsa
    alunsa Member Posts: 61
    Options

In my opinion nurses addons need to be changed. Strong killer with even stronger addons, it doesn't make sense. Besides that Its hard to play against her when her blink range is different every time you play against her because of the addons. I understand she's difficult but shouldn't excuse her imbalance to the other killers. Can't say much on blight because I actually enjoy playing against him lol

It almost feels like they designed themselves into a corner. They cant buff other killers to their level due to the difficulty cap for nurse and blight.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,233
    Options

Nurse yes but blight is more fair and his basekit is fine so his add ons should be nerfed. But I still duobt you see that many nurses I see one per day when I play maybe 5-6 matches. She is lot more common now than before thought when I had weeks not seeing her. Most common killer I see is nemesis and sometimes I have had him 3 times a row.

• MaxIsBased
    MaxIsBased Member Posts: 52
    Options

I have no idea what matches you've been playing. I get a different killer each game at low, in-between and at high mmr.

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Sorry you got it wrong there are like 5-6 killers in this game.

Rest are joke characters.

Hehehe trapper . Lol imagine actually playing clown and expecting to win against decent players.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

There's nothing to nerf about them other than Add-Ons

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,681
    edited August 2022
    Options

There is always going to be a lack of variety of the top.

Nerf nurse and its all blight (see when she was disabled)

nerf those 2 and its all spirit. nerf her and its all artist.

Its just a side effect of SBMM. Killers who are better at getting kills will be more prevalent at high ratings than those that are weak or average.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

Blight's addons need to be looked at. Nurse needs a complete rework.

• Viamont
    Viamont Member Posts: 304
    Options

sorry but given how hard nurse and blight are to use...i question you have seen that many of both and more so that each one its a full fledged great player, both are hard to use and master....so yea...again, im questioning this numbers super hard

• Jurasaurz
    Options

Today was the first time in my life I've ever played Blight and I don't find him hard. Sure you need some practice to slide but come on, telling he is hard is a joke.

• SwayerNewb
    SwayerNewb Member Posts: 15
    Options

Blight is my 2nd killer main, his add-ons can completely change how he uses lethal rush. C33, Alchemist's Ring and Adrenaline Vial are all broken on Blight. C33 is probably the most broken add-on, the common counterplay for Blight is pre-drop pallets. However, he will use lethal rush again or M1 survivors after breaking pallets on the 1st lethal rush with C33. There's literally nothing survivors can do about this.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

I seriously doubt those numbers. I’ve got pretty good survivor mmr, and I get a new killer almost every match. I don’t see many nurses and blights. Out of about 4 hours on survivor last night, I saw 2 or so blights and maybe 1 nurse. Your numbers are most definitely inflated lmao. There’s absolutely no way you saw that many nurses and blights that were skilled.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Blight? Yes, but only nerf some addons.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Nurse absolutely. I don't think there's much of an argument to be had with her, she's utterly overpowered and everyone knows that. Though I fear the nature of her power doesn't really allow for any meaningful nerfs without making her near unplayable, she's a tough cookie for sure.

Blight though, I don't agree so much with you. Yes he has some of the most utterly overpowered Add Ons in the game (e.g. Compound Thirty Three, Alchemist Ring, Blighted Crow, ...) that definitely need to be reworked, but basekit I think he is fine - just fix the exploits. Stuff like Hugtech should not be a thing with him.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,000
    Options

Yes, lets nerf Blight and Nurse.

Then survivors will have five other killers that are the 'top killers' that they can complain about until those get nerfed too.

• Droneinthrwind
    Droneinthrwind Member Posts: 92
    Options

I tracked 25 matches of mine through the week(don't play much because soloQ is complete ######### now). 20 of those been nurse/blight/spirit. 3 were oni because of his bug, one was memer billy and one demo. Tunneling happened in 14 of games. Onis of course didn't tunnel because had it's power all the time, Billy and demo neither, so people are just super insecure about they winning chances even if they play strongest killers with strongest add ons. Got to 5 gens done 7 times during those matches, 5 escapes. Counting memer billy.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

Not the Killer's themselves are problematic but some of their addons.

On nurse these are definitely her range addons and maybe the recharge addons. Both combined make her insane (especially with all the base killer/survivor changes). Nurse without addons or with e.g. anti fatigue is completely fine. She does not need a basekit nerf.

I really don't play Blight (only for the archive right now), but I know from a survivor pov that it is also the addons that can make Blight busted. Alc ring is "that" addon which always make you feel like #########. In combination with speed addons you have not much you can do. Blight has also some weird sliding tech where you can hat hits around rocks you technically should not get. But basically Blight is fine. You just see him more because of the archive.

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,127
    Options

I see more Oni than Nurse or Blight combined lol. I wondered why, but then I saw a video of the bug.

• Jurasaurz
    Options

I've seen a lot of Blight players even before the Archives.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

USVSTHEMUSVSTHEM

Just BUFF the weaker killers. It's getting tiring that buffing the weak to the top is somehow a concept only applicable to survivors in this community.

• Jurasaurz
    Options

This might be a joke, right? If 2-3 killers are overperforming than the rest 20+ killers, it says that the problem is not 20 weak killers but those 3 and they should be toned down/nerfed.

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,226
    Options

Its a joke that "survivor+comms"/"SWF" is overperforming over "survivor"/"Solo", yet everyone is talking about buffing "Solo" up to the level of people using third party comms and some more. When you need the best killer to compete with the best survivors, then its not the best killers that are too strong.

If the devs wouldnt be afraid to release stronger killers, they wouldnt now have to concept buffs for more killers.

• colley94
    colley94 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Why would they nerf Nurse? The whole point is she's supposed to be better than other killers and spoil the round. Just as the devs intend. It's called smart game design.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

I find spirit, legion or even a good huntress extremely unfun to go against more than nurse/blight , honestly just delete legion

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

Do we even as survivors want a game with only "meh" killers? As long as there is SWF teams in this game, and there always will be many..we need stronger killers to deal with them. Deal with it!

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

Lmao if you actually looked at my comment history you’d see I’m really not. Gotta love the forums.

• Onyx
    Onyx Member Posts: 214
    Options

SWF does not excuse their existence. The amount of SWF teams in existence that would require such powerful killers is so low that it is unjustifiable. I'm sorry, but you are just objectively wrong :/

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

Nurse and blight are fine if you are good at survivor

• dreamsy10
    dreamsy10 Member Posts: 142
    Options

The problem with nurse and blight is the addons they have. As someone said, and everyone knows, basekit both of them are already stronger than every other killer with addons.

• BubbleBuster
    BubbleBuster Member Posts: 387
    Options

they both need add-on nerfs.

nurse's blink attack needs to count as a special attack so she cant abuse starstruck anymore

nurse and blight need to be punished for getting stunned by pallets, maybe even by other things such as struggling out and DS and stuff like that; they should lose all tokens of their abilities when stunned and they should start recharging them only after the stun is over.

maybe blight should turn into a 110% killer so he has to use his ability in chase instead of it just being optional much like spirit.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

lmao people are still going on about this

• colley94
    colley94 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Having that as a counter to SWFs is not worth the pain of playing vs Nurse in solo Q, may as well just afk at start really.

• Mysterioso
    Mysterioso Member Posts: 80
    edited August 2022
    Options

With Nurse's range addons being nerfed to no longer make her blink travel speed faster I think she's in a fair place. Blight is the one I have troubles with now because of his addons overall. Hopefully, BHVR will look at his most powerful addons sometime soon.

I forgot to add, Nurse maybe needs a little bit more done such as making her blink attacks special attacks instead of just basic attacks.