Dead Hard was fun

Options
DBD78
DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Yeah yeah I know it was OP, and this is not a "bring back old DH" thread at all. But you could do some crazy DH plays, and it felt fun to do. Now all other exhaustion perks are pretty boring gameplay. Press a button you run fast, vault and run fast, get hit and run fast longer, land on your feet and be fast..fun? Not really.

So my point here is we need more perks that is fun to use as survivor, that stands out like DH did and creates some variation in gameplay, without being OP. I hope devs can be a little creative and give us somthing fun that could stay as it is.

Comments

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 254
    Options

i think the “fun” thing about dead hard wasn’t to stomp on the killer in chase. I think majority of the satisfaction came from timing the perk to get to a pallet. It was quite satisfying getting the timing right and then throwing a pallet when needed.

but yes, the perk was overpowered

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

Can you explain more what you think has changed between the old dead hard and new, other than it being much harder to pull off now that makes it less fun? Or is it that the decrease in the timing window is not fun to try to hit?

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268
    Options
  • Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

New DH still is fun, versatile and even better than old DH in some situations. They just need to fix the "exhausted on the ground" thing again.

• Rastabooze
    Rastabooze Member Posts: 133
    Options

but dh is bugged right now and almost fully unplayable. You cannot use it on pallets at all. You get exhausted on the ground although you timed it perfectly. Dont write sth when you dont play the perk now

• Rastabooze
    Options

you try it then too maybe??

dh is bugged right now and almost fully unplayable. You cannot use it on pallets at all. You get exhausted on the ground although you timed it perfectly. Dont write sth when you dont play the perk now

• Rastabooze
    Options

it is ALMOST fully unplayable for me. and you actually COULD use it on pallets before. you just deadharded through it. now its NOT possible cause its bugged I guess... i hope!

• Rastabooze
    Options

man, Im fully with you. The other exhaustion perks (except headon) are so boring. where is variety? where is the fun of old dh, i.e. making complete useless deadhards into the killers arms. even killers were laughing about it and respecting it.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,080
    Options

I've gotten pretty good at the change Dead Hard. I would say about 90% of my Dead Hard's block a hit right now. Sometimes latency messes me up.

The perk isn't dead, just requires more skill than it did.

• kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386
    edited August 2022
    Options

I've personally had tons of fun glitching into spots you're not meant to be in,DHing into a wall never ceased to be funny because how stupid it looked.

Just remembered,you also could DH into the air onto old haddonfield and fly away from the killer lmaooo

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I miss Iron Will

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Probably next perk give 50 bps for survs when they repair a gen for 80 secs or something like that. For killers another busted scourage perk that regress 30 secs of a gen if someone runs

• NightmareKT
    NightmareKT Member Posts: 228
    Options

Pressing E to extend Chasers is fun for who actually Killers or survivors cuz I can tell for sure that it was not fun for killers pressing E requires no skill at all

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    Options

Dead Hard was fun, and not because it was an overpowered perk.

It was because it offered a different type of interaction with killers who were actually competent. They reworked it and took the fun aspect of the perk and made it into a boring dead perk.

I actually enjoyed going against the perk because unlike the SB users, Dead Hard players would at least play risky. I find survivors who play it too safe boring af.

• Bonjemus
    Bonjemus Member Posts: 12
    Options

"Guys I can't find any fun exhaustion perk, this game is trash, also, what is Head On?"

• Bonjemus
    Bonjemus Member Posts: 12
    Options

Yeah old Dead Hard wasn't op, it was just an undeniable second chance perk that didn't require a lot of skill and which could waste between 2 seconds and an entire chase depending on the survivor, also punished the killer for being good I guess? Yeah totally perfect balance, wasn't OP nor broken. Kappa

Also, I don't get what you mean by "mind gaming back and forth", most people, and by most people I mean players who have a brain cell would use DH in the most boring way possible (yet the most efficient one) which is get distance to get extend a chase after making a mistake.

If you would rather face 4 DH than any other exhaustion perk then you didn't play killer enough to understand the pain of facing the same ######### perks again and again used the same way.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

It was fun and effective, but it was not OP. That only became a thing after DS was ruined. It can be a popular perk, but not OP.

• Jinxed
    Jinxed Member Posts: 248
    Options

I've been using new dead hard and I absolutely love it, it's so much better than old dead hard because it feels like you outplayed the killer.

Of course the animation is super embarrassing when you time it wrong and you're just dabbing for an eternity.

Old dead hard was fun for getting flashlight saves and things like that of course, but the sheer versatility of one perk (being able to avoid traps, shocks, attacks and gain distance) just made it too strong.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 386
    Options

tbh i like the new Dead Hard more

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

That's your problem your comparing the dash part of DH to the new DH....that's the main reason they changed DH because players were using it not as a power to dodge a hit but rather as something to extend the chase to a pallet or window you normally couldn't make it too.

But no while in the animation of old DH you couldn't drop or vault pallets same for new DH during the animation you can't vault or drop.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304
    Options

They said the killrate was a 2K. Seems balanced to me

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Fun... for the survivors

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273
    Options

Head On isn't particularly fun. It requires either coordination with multiple people in a SWF in order to get any value at all, and/or a particularly clueless killer.

I've played enough killer to realize that even four people using DH in the most efficient, boring way possible, is still a hell of a lot more fun than everyone just zooming away at the start of every chase.

• Claudirt
    Claudirt Member Posts: 49
    Options

I actually find new Dead Hard a lot more fun, timing the hits feels a lot more rewarding and skillful, and now I can take hits for teammates if done properly :D!

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Not exactly bugged

It's just that the duration is shorter then the animation. Exhausted on the grounds means you were very slightly too early

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

Bruh are you trying to convince yourself that the new meta is less fun than the old DH meta for killers.

Bruh

Cmon buddy friend pal, you arent fooling anybody : )

• DBD78
    Options

Sure and they could balance the game and give both sides equal fun and strong perks. Instead the strongest perks are often the most boring, like regression perks on killer..fun? It does not give killers any kind of gameplay fun to use them it just gives killers more time to play.

• DBD78
    Options

Just things you could do with the old DH. Like vaulting out a window, killer does the same thing and you dead hard past him during his vault animation so he runs the wrong way. No skill no but was very fun to do, and some killers knew that trick and did not fall for it. So it did create some mindgame options.

Also I've seen the "press E takes no skill" argument here also but when you bait it and make a play before using it, then it has skill behind it. Of course the new DH is the same in that sentence but I don't like when people say that DH have no skill..it can take skill depending on how you use it.

And I also want to add that me playing solo I don't think old DH was OP, rather needed when we have no game info to rely on. But on SWF groups then yeah. But they can just balance the game, give killers equal strong things also then there is no need to change perks like this.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

I enjoy my new Dead Hard far more than the old one.

Dead Hard for distance was too easy to use and even I was able to get my value out of it. Also it never felt like I was "tapping into my adrenaline". Now it feels like that and personally I think that a successful new Dead Hard is stronger than the old Dead Hard. The perk just got overall weaker because it is harder to use.

However now I feel like I did a risky play with a good reward.

Also old Dead Hard was far to common. The lack of other perks was the boring thing about it for me as a Killer.

• Devilishly_Rowdy
    Devilishly_Rowdy Member Posts: 440
    Options

Surprised to see upvotes in this post. I thought no survivor in these forums used dead hard lol.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,575
    Options

With "crazy plays", you mean DH for distance? Running towards the killer? DH on the spot? Bc. why should the killer hit you when you are immobile standing before him, thats just ridiculous! /s

But you know the most crazy thing? You can STILL do that with new DH (apart form DH for distance, of course), just time it well!

• vector
    vector Member Posts: 227
    Options

i also liked it as a killer. It is always a small and tense mindgame. Outplaying it felt great. DH added to game a significant and interesting mechanics in addition to pallets and windows.

• krickwho
    krickwho Member Posts: 9
    Options

I'm not entirely sure about this but if you need to mend then dead hard has no effect, can still be used up but it wont block a hit

• JaceNexus
    JaceNexus Member Posts: 3
    Options

If you're having trouble with that, try using the perks that give survivors exhaustion like fear monger, or blood echo. Both have helped me greatly in my chases.

• JaceNexus
    JaceNexus Member Posts: 3
    Options

Bro, no you couldn't... If you are in the middle of DH animation, there was no chance you were pulling a pallet down. It's only after the animation is done.

• Zeon_99
    Zeon_99 Member Posts: 463
    Options

It was fun at first, then it got to a point for me where it just felt embarrassing to use. It took out the best part of chases: the input from both sides in a chase. If I press E to make it to a vault or pallet, the killer can't do anything about it and it just feels unfun.

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 254
    Options
  • Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

no, it wasn't, period. used that perk only 1 time in all my hours on dbd... it felt dirty because this perk outplayed the killer, not you as player, so not fun for this reason

• DBD78
    Options

Then you have no idea if it was fun or not using it only once. You can say the same thing about Nurse, that you don't outplay the player you just hold down a button for a while it's not fun and you refuse to play this killer, but many people thinks Nurse is fun to play no matter how dirty she is.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Less time constraint and stress equals more fun and relaxed gameplay, no?

Killer is inherently way more stressful than survivor so more playtime instead of a constant race against the clock is more fun.

If you can guarantee that you can delete camping and tunneling.

• Rastabooze
    Options

why is noone reading properly? You could dh through the pallet. Not using the pallet but dh through it. Now you cant use dh on a pallet AT ALL

• Rastabooze
    Options

I dont get the animation at all. still I´m exhausted on the ground. It is bugged af

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,527
    Options

those 2 are completely different things:

1 dead hard couldn't be baited when aganist decent people (not even good, DECENT)

2 dead hard denied mindgames won by the killers, while nurse can be still countered by exploiting her weaknesses (Los, obstacles, buildings, maps with 2 floors)

3 we are taling about dead hard here, not about nurse (there are already too many threads about her rn), am i right?

4 as i said i used only once and i was disgusted for how much strong it was, so i have a lot more knowledge that you think about that matter, it wasn't funny, period (but again this is my personal opinion, i just explained for my point of view why that perk wasn't fun at all)

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I probably miss it more than dead hard. I never enjoyed healing so it suited my play style perfectly.

I enjoyed using it a bit over the past few days but for me it's definitely dead. It's just so much worse than all the other exhaustion perks. Some of the times I get hit I just have to laugh.

I might be wrong but I believe a streamer said you can start your lunge at the same time as dead hard and hit the survivor just as it ends.

I'm going to keep trying to use it but I'm not sure how much longer I can take it 😂 just wish they let the 1 second version come to live, after the DW nerf, to see how it actually is.