If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Elemental Killer

Options
Chordyceps
Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,689
edited August 2022 in Polls

If the devs were to add a killer to the game whose power and design revolved around one of the 4 elements, which one would you be most interested in seeing and why?

Elemental Killer 25 votes

Earth
20%
TapeKnotF60_31tenoresaxAlex_Xendritch 5 votes
Air
0%
Fire
44%
ChurchofPigOctoCatMarc_go_solopiminGuiltiixni6_ChikyJonathanByersFridayNightPizzaSlanqnyun 11 votes
Water
36%
Seiko300GlamourousLeviathanBothSidesEnjoyerkKillersTheKissKingMadEyePopocatnipthegreatCassiopeiaeVicRatlhead 9 votes

Comments

• VicRatlhead
    VicRatlhead Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Water

Air would probably be similar to nurse. Earth might be cool but I struggle to think how it'd be implemented. Fire feels like low hanging fruit and probably not as scary. I think they could make a pretty sweet drowned corpselike character with water powers that's spooky and unique.

• BothSidesEnjoyer
    BothSidesEnjoyer Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Water

Blood bending time.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 976
    Options
    Water

Doctor is already an electric type Pokemon. Therefore, I guess that a pirate or drowned corpse killer would be nice for a another water type.

You know, since Sadako is already a Ghost/Water type.

• catnipthegreat
    catnipthegreat Member Posts: 81
    Options
    Water

water would be cool.. and could add a "wet" status effect or something... but would probably end up as some blob monster that would ultimately just be a field-day for the lewdies

but so does everything else I guess.. xD

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    Water

I've said it before, but I'm a HUGE proponent for a Nautical Horror themed chapter. It's such an iconic sub-genre and yet we've seen so little of it represented in Dead by Daylight save for a few cosmetics like Trapper's Seaside Psycho.

There's a wealth of opportunity in Nautical horror, and as far as original concepts go I could definitely see a killer covered head to toe in a vintage diving suit wielding a harpoon. Other ideas I've thought of are an undead naval officer wielding an officer's sabre, an undead pirate or pirate captain wielding a cutlass, a creepy sailor with a whaling spear, or just your classic old sinister fisherman holding onto a long hooked fishing tool of some kind.

There's no shortage of map opportunities either, "The Lighthouse," "The Island," or "The Dockyard" / "The Docks" all sound like perfect harrowing locations that are all dark and mysteriously isolated or abandoned. Each covered in a thick, eerie, and unnatural fog. It could also be the first map with boundaries that aren't at all defined by walls, but instead by a vast ocean with choppy waves below menacingly looming storm clouds. The occasional sound of thunder accompanied by a bright flash of lightning really setting the tone for such a place.

Original concepts aside though, I have high hopes for a Licensed Bioshock chapter featuring The Big Daddy as a killer known in Dead by Daylight as "The Bouncer." With a giant drill strapped over one arm and access to various plasmids that grant supernatural abilities, there is so much room for The Big Daddy to flourish amongst the killer roster. Best case scenario this chapter would also be able to bring Rapture in as a map, and instead of trying to fit all of Rapture into one map you could easily make multiple maps of the different areas of underwater city. Worst case scenario there wouldn't be a map, but really The Big Daddy is the most iconic aspect of Bioshock that could be brought to life in DBD which would be incredibly cool.

Honorable mention though is a fire themed chapter. Someone else said this would be "low hanging fruit" but the fear of burning to death ranks pretty high amongst horrific ways to go, and I would personally love to see an original crazed fireman with a gas mask wielding a fireman's axe as a killer in DBD. The irony of emergency personnel condemning human lives instead of saving them is the perfect concept for the foundation of an interesting character story I think. Also we could finally see the "burned" status effect in Dead by Daylight, which you'd think we'd have seen a lot sooner in a hellish purgatory like place like the realm of the entity. You would think that burning to death would have come around in some form or fashion to Dead by Daylight a lot earlier than year 6 going onto year 7.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,849
    Options
    Fire

I'd also be interested to know how water would work, but fire has the most potential for an aggressive killer for me.

Don't forget various other, lesser talked-about elemental areas that also have a potential power yet to be explored:

Light, Ice, Sound, Nature, Chaos, Metal, Sand, Gravity, Crystal, Radiation, Magnetism, Wood,.

The list goes on, and that's not to mention more specific sub-genres of elements such as: fraxikinesis (manipulation of burnt matter), plassikinesis (manipulation of plastic), futuristic gadgets and more.