Uh oh here comes the survivor mains!

Options

Oh this is fun. Let's now complain about every killer perk that got buffed! They're about to post it all and they have started already. Thanatophobia was first, next will be Lethal Pursuer. The nerfs are going to be worse than the buffs are given to these perks. This just happened to Thanatophobia who nobody batted an eye when it was at 20% but when it got to 22% and everyone loses their mind. Now it's the most garbage perk in the game.

Comments

• Tostapane
    Tostapane Member Posts: 1,532
    Options

tbh in the beginning was 4% for each injured survivor and that debuff stacked also on the healing speed, then it was buffed/nerfed (erased the penalty on healing speed) to what you said, then utterly buffed and now nerfed to the ground

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Regression stacking was always a problem.

I play more survivor than Killer these days but even as a Killer I could see how stacking regression was just making the game so much easier. You want some kills? Just equip Ruin, Undying/Pop, Pain Res and BBQ. Made it so easy to finish those quest where you had to kill or hook survivors in one match.

And because I switch so much I am by no means a good Killer. I am average at best.

Now, I enjoy that they shook up the meta for Killers.

However I was and never will be a fan of stacking regression and slowdown perks. Old Ruin was painful, sure, but only when combine with Pain Res or Pop it got so bad that it could carry a Killer without any effort. They should have their own perk category or something like that that limits them a bit. However I am aware that this creates other issues.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    Options

True. The buff was not that outstanding.

I think it's important to say though that if the perk became that infamous, it was because of its effect on exactly 2 out of all of the killers that made them both more common and tedious to face, and that most people who wanted it changed recognize that BHVR's reaction was completely out of proportion and missed the point by a mile.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,216
    Options

They could add another objective like Gas to Gen...the traveling time would be greater than 50sec.

Plus split up 80sec on Gen to may be 20 Gas / 60 Gen. The Gen perks in general would be nerfed itself without fixing anything

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

Joker memes, we truly live in a society ..

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,576
    Options
  • C3Tooth
    Options

Just an idea that how they should changed to extend Objective time for survivor. And that change is certainly affect Thana.

• sonata93
    sonata93 Member Posts: 418
    edited August 2022
    Options

As a survivor main, I say that's simply not true.

I actually agreed with most of the changes/killer buffs; the main complaint was that buffed Thana stacked with other gen slow-down perks had become way too oppressive on Plague and Legion as you spend most of your game injured, and therefore, gens became even more tedious and boring. Also, people complained about Thana Legion and Plague long before the perk got buffed.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options

Killers having sinergy with perks is not allowed

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

Replace Thana with DH and the percentages with hit validation

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 403
    Options

conveniently omitting that most comments were with 90 second gens thanatophobia was oppressive feeling. The devs could have reduced then gen times to 80 seconds and kept thana at 5.5% / injured. That would have been fine...better probably. Instead they nuked from orbit the perk.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    edited August 2022
    Options

It wasn't just because it got buffed to 22%. It was that combined with the 90-second gen change.

If my math is correct, which it's probably not, old Thana added 16 seconds on top of 80, while the new one added 18 seconds on 90 seconds, which is quite a lot honestly.

Also that stacking it with other gen-regression perks made everything worse.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Joker meme: uploaded

Survivor mains: disrespected

It's gaming time 😎

• NightmareKT
    NightmareKT Member Posts: 228
    Options

he is not wrong, Before thana was 20 percent and nobody whined about legion or plague, and just cause they added 0.5 % per survivor, 4X0.5 is 2. Everyone freaked tf out. you say that like it isnt true but it is.

• cburton311
    cburton311 Member Posts: 403
    edited August 2022
    Options

honestly I'm not sure he understands how all those things work together to make the issue. It sounds like he's just looking for a punchline to make the counter arguments look stupid.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,218
    edited August 2022
    Options

13.8, not that it far off.

It is really 2% ... it's just not the whole picture.

Thinking about it, this is only if a survivor does a generator alone, which would be typically done in a gen-rush.

I don't recall the buffs doing gens cooperatively, or with speed-boosting perks. (Because they exist too.)

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

What basekit chase nerfs did survivors get? The only one i can think of is the 0,2 second sprint burst reduction. Which really isn't a big deal.

I understand that survivor is in a rough spot, but chases aren't the problem in my opinion. The chase buffs definitely helped, but not that much. Survivors can still outrun killers fairly well if they play better than the killer. I guess the DH nerf is definitely noticeable.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

Are these survivor mains in the room with us right now?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,003
    Options

No thana needed to be reverted due to the 10 second upgrade to the gens length as the increase it got was massive due to it

hopefully last patch shows that small numbers can have big results

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

Nobody liked it on Legion and Plague even when it was 20%. Your argument is disingeneous since you refuse to take into account the fact that generators take 90 seconds, and the 22% was applied ontop of that.

Nobody thinks the Thana nerf is okay, either.

Pre-patch, everybody complained about Thana Legion/Plague. The slowdown is applied ontop of 90 second generators, plus other slowdown perks.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

Where do you get the 13.8 from if i may ask? I could have made a mistake

i don't think co-op or speedboosting perks were changed so there is no real difference in that department from before and after the big update.

Unless i'm missing some

• drsoontm
    Options

I took the numbers you've put in the post and simply did : 1.22 * 90 - 1.2 * 80

The comment about the cooperation or perks is just to see what that number becomes in these cases, and I didn't even think about toolboxes.

I never use these myself so I don't know the numbers. The killer has brought a perk to slow gens down? What if survivors do the same? With toolboxes? Together?

It should be a nice table.

• C3Tooth
    Options

I just leave this image here.

With new Gen, the time extended from old Thana 20% is 110sec (450 to 560)

And again, people not freaked out why 2% is the problem. The Devs' thought of buffing Thana was the problem.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762
    Options

so it's +100 vs +125, seems like strength of thana itself is not that different.

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited August 2022
    Options

Its a way to increase objective timers while making it harder for Killers or Survivors to tinker with the % buffs/debuffs.

Problem with a lot of perks on both sides is they affect time on a % basis, if you increase them the % works in a way where it increases the timer even more than it used to be, a 15% of 100 is 15, a 15% of 1000 is 150 which is a lot more.

The problem the game has now is they increased gen timers by 10 seconds but didnt account for most perks which add a fixed % to that timer, for example Dying Light with 5 tokens adds a 15% speed penalty, before it was 12 seconds for a total of 92 seconds per gen and now its 13,5 for a total of 103,5 seconds, now slap Thanatophobia 22% adds 19,8 seconds, 103,5+19,8=123, per gen, which is more than 2 minutes pressing M1.

If you divide the objective in 2 parts, lets say refuel and fixing the generator, lets make fixing 60 seconds and refueling 30 seconds but here is the kicker, refueling is fixed time so perks, items, powers, wathever wont affect it, NOTHING can affect refueling, its always 30 seconds, this way a gen would take 90 seconds like now but every speed penalty or buff would work on the 60 second fixing time which would translate in smaller numbers and overall less slowdown. If you fix the timer on part of an objective its much harder for players to make stuff take too long or too little.

With a 30+60 gen timer % based perks will still add timer but it wont as opressive as they are now, Thanatophobia would add 13 seconds over the 60 seconds fixing time to a total of 73, a 0% gen with 4 stacks of Thanatophobia and 5 Dying Light would take 30+60+13+9=112 which is still a big number but not as harsh as 123.

Post edited by HectorBrando on
  • GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

Technically killer buffs = survivor nerfs in this sense, so a reduced speed boost, faster weapon cooldown, and faster breaking speed would all contribute. Combine that with losing Dead Hard, probably the best chase perk in the game, and technically Iron Will being very solid in chases too.

• MaxIsBased
    MaxIsBased Member Posts: 52
    Options

The best way to settle this debate is just to put both sides in a ring and let them beat each other to death. Would be solved faster than anything else.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Bruh...10 seconds getting added is only if ONE survivor is doing gens, if 2 survivors start at the same time, they will complete both in 90 seconds, not 180 seconds

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,657
    Options

I'm so glad you've taken over my role of doing calculations so I don't have to anymore

• NightmareKT
    Options

if people complained about it pre patch, I pretty sure the devs would not have buffed it. But then again you can never tell with bhvr.

• NightmareKT
    Options

ohh i see, well lets just agree that thana sucks now and we need new people to design the reworks for perks

• drsoontm
    Options

Oh, so it doesn't increase the time required for a generator but reduces the speed at which work is done. Good to know.

• C3Tooth
    Options

9-12-14-15 debuff. Thats it.

It will be nerfed by 25% on Legion/Plag, while buffed more than 50% on other Killer.

The change doesnt fix the problem that it still work good on Le/Plag. And its only good on them now.

• Kaitsja
    Options

As evidenced by the massive buff Spine Chill got, I'd say BHVR doesn't really listen.

The Feedback: Legion/Plague with Thana isn't fun to play against because they can consistently keep you injured. BHVR: We hear you, and we've decided to buff Thana in response to your feedback :)

• Zexbunny
    Zexbunny Member Posts: 209
    Options

Thana was a problem. They didn't implement a good solution, but it was certainly a problem.

I feel like a lot of gen regression perks need nerfs, and killers need a reason to run perks other than regression. Ruin should be buffed on the other hand, because it's honestly a more fair regression perk than most of what we have.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

Cringe

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 564
    Options

All I’m going to say is “just adapt” like all killer mains told survivors after patch 6.1.0.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

OP's right.

Thanat was a nothing perk because CoH made lasting damage impossible for all but two killers. Nobody used it so they buffed it by 10%. Survivors complained so they removed the buff AND nerfed it by 60%.

Overcharge was a nothing perk and they buffed it to be a regression perk. Then, when they found that it stacked with another perk, instead of making them exclusive effects, they nerfed it to actually make your kicks WORSE than if you didn't bring it at all, moving the perk from "basically pointless" to "actively makes you worse."

Clearly survivor complaints are working. So survivors will continue to make complaints and all the 'buffs' will get twisted into massive nerfs instead.

Meta perk shift gave 4 survivor perks nerfs. There are now NINE killer perk nerfs. And that's just going to keep getting worse.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,219
    Options

They should have just made it 4/8/12/16. Then it would be 107 seconds at max stacks. I don't personally mind the loss since I don't bother running slowdown but it'd be cool if it was at least niche to some builds where you can keep some survivors injured, rather than completely useless on most the cast since you have to keep all 4 injured to even get any value.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    edited August 2022
    Options

no, people hated thana because not only did it get buffed, but it stacked on top of the 10 added seconds on a gen.

on top of the influx of legions running it with gift of pain, penta, etc. and you have yourself a painful slow game.

I do hate the nerf, but because it nerfs other killers who didn’t benefit from thana that much. You’d have to be dumb to run it on onryo or something now.

• Kaitsja
    Options

Nine killer perk nerfs ontop of basekit killer buffs.