Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

It never was.

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited August 2022

Wow.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,872

I wish you guys would be MORE specific- it’s SWF sided, not survivor sided. Yea SWF’s are a part of survivors, but so are solos and they’re two completely different worlds. Trust me. And yes, I know there are sucky SWF’s and good 4 man solos, but they’re the minority matches. Your average SWF is actually pretty decent at the game and they benefit from the comms advantage, while your average solo are mostly super casuals who are entitled potatoes, making the games miserable for decent solo players. I resent the whole “survivor sided” statement, because it’s usually coming from killer mains who don’t understand the solo experience, & just lump us all into one basket.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

No its survivor sided, you dont need to be in a swf to be good... if you have to rely on coms are you actually good?

Solo Q sucks because you get DCs and teammates completely different mmr to you that cant even do a gen or skill checks.... but that dont mean 4 good solos still cant easily win.

The higher you go in mmr the more survivor sided it goes and it's why killers like nurse and blight are used to try have a chance.

You cant say the games not survivor sided because people are bad and cant play, survivors have all the tools to make most games in their favour it's up to them to utilise it.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

It is just like always "whoever brings the strongest stuff" sided

I would honestly argue that at base it's leaning more towards killer now

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419
    edited August 2022

Never? Lmfao, oh that's right you're the guy that popular streamer made a video about! Biased as hell lol

Post edited by AJStyIez on
  • Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

Average swf:s are actually casual most of time. They can bit loop so they're nlt potatoes ofcourse. But very possible to win as killer but not as easy as soloQ thought. I play on 3 man swb (surviving with brothers) and my other brother does not talk much which can lead to him bringing killer on gen which is worked at... And we still have that one solo member to worry about too. Usually I play duo which is closer to soloQ than an actual swf.

• Anara
    Anara Member Posts: 1,297

This game was, is and will be forever survivor sided.

Its a 4v1, it will always be survivor sided.

Blaming killer buffs for your lost is more about skill issue.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,174

The essential problem with such statements is, that it is a blanket term that tries to encompass all skill levels of DBD. At the low ends killer reign supreme and always have: when you start out the game you don't know how to hide, you definitely don't know how to loop and you scare yourself out of your mind just by the sound of the repairing gens.

At high level play, even the soloQ players know what to do and that prioritising gens is key. At this level of play you wouldn't see much of a difference to pre-patch gameplay after a couple of days and now, with everyone using ProofThyself and toolboxes, gens fly nearly as fast as before. Still, games feel much fairer now that DH isn't in the mix and survivors usually team up on gens, so there is more opportunity for either side to make mistakes.

The wild s***show is the middlegrounds. Here players from all walks of life mingle and you can find the most green and the most competent players in one group. The players of true middeling skill feel the more oppressive nature of the new killers basekit and some of them had truly been boosted by their meta perk loadout in the past, and these players really plumeted after the patch and feel miserable match after match, till hopefully their MMR will stabilize.

You can't possible balance all of this with one swift swoop, both ends are incompatible with each other. If you tighten lose things up too much the survivors at the higher ends will dance on their killers graves, if you tighten it up too much those higher ups will have fun and interesting games, while those in the middle will lose their footing and suffer.

So yeah, at high levels the game is still survivor sided and always will be. If they are well coordinated and play it save/loop the killer for a good while they can still slam gens out like there is no tomorrow, generating immense pressure.

In the middel its a coin toss and we are plagued by frustrated killers who just try to secure a couple of kills via camping and tunneling or make it their entire strategy. Camping is probably the best variable that BHVR could and should influence next.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,872

I already acknowledged most of your talking points- why re-iterate & reword them as a rebuttal? They’re still the minority- they’re not even half. They’re just plain rare.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on what is in higher MMR, cause most people will tell you it’s indeed SWF’s. Watch any of your favorite streamer (ESPECIALLY pre-patch 6.0) and you’ll see them encounter more SWF’s than 4 god tier unicorn solos working well together. These same streamers who are IN HIGH MMR ARE EVEN ON RECORD SAYING IT THEMSELVES! There is so friggin many of these SWF’s, matchmaking has to give them low-mid MMR killers just to meet demand. You see the threads on here complaining “why am I going against a High MMR SWF when I barely play killer, and/or learning a new killer for the first time??

And what good are the “tools’ if potato solos don’t know how to use them? The only ‘tools” they know how to use are the ones allowing them to ragequit. And please don’t dismiss that, because you’ve seen this forum flooded over the past two weeks with DC complaint threads. That’s solo Que for you. That’s not high MMR, and that’s nothing close to being survivor sided like a SWF on comms. DBD is SWF sided, like every other asymmetrical game before and after it. As a solo survivor, I’m not getting pigeonholed into anyones box.

• SantaKlawz1
    SantaKlawz1 Member Posts: 192

Try solo q and you definitely won't see it as survivor sided. Only high mmr swf teams make it survivor sided.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

How ? you can win most games easily by hard tunneling someone in the first 5 minutes / camping (and running 3-4 slowdowns), it's only "survivor sided" if killer go out of his way to play nice

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

It is "experience sided" sprinkled with luck of the draw map, item, addon, and perk choices.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Still having trouble even after buffs?

Consider running 4 slowdowns and hard tunnel first person you see. Its super cringe but it may be the right thing for you

• CyberRoninX
    CyberRoninX Member Posts: 293
    edited August 2022

This community does not accept new players at all. People keep saying that its because survivors are bad but everyone starts the game not knowing how to loop or effectively get away from the killer. People like you kill these games because you exclude any new player and just tell them to get gud. Comms would definitly help soloq because when one person goes up on a hook the other three stop what they are doing to go pull them off when only one has to. How do you expect them to convey that they are going for the hooked person? There are plenty of other reasons why you have to rely on comms to be good. That kinda how teams work. Imagine any pro FPS team without comms it would be total chaos and they would lose every time to a team with comms. Saying that "if you have to rely on coms are you actually good" is the dumbest statement I've read today.

• Grum
    Grum Member Posts: 273

If you're a decent killer, then no.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

Yes the survivor in this current epidemic is the sided towards the leaned proximity of delusional mains.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857

Nurse,Blight>SWF>Killer>Survivor

• AJStyIez
    AJStyIez Member Posts: 419

If you're a decent Killer then you're more than likely going against anywhere from decent to extremely experienced Survivors 8 or 9/10 matches you play assuming MMR works correctly. If you go against Survivors that actually know what they're doing or if you're also a Survivor on a team that actually knows what they're/you're doing they/you will have an advantage in the overwhelming majority of matches

If they/you don't use the advantage or make mistakes that nullify said advantage then that's a different story. Its not a coincidence that Killers mostly win matches in the lowest bracket against new or uncoordinated teams but struggle against 4 strong solos and SWFs in the higher brackets. Its almost as if the advantage becomes pretty clear when competent players are involved and is only nullified by Survivors making mistakes on their own or the Killer running the most oppressive characters/perks/addons combined to tilt the balance in their favor

Its not impossible to win in skill-capped lobbies as Killer, just way harder than people that don't play at that level make it seem. You literally have Survivor-only players in this community with less than 1,000 hours played telling 2-10,000 hour Killers with experience on both sides that they're bad if they can't win every single match

"Killer is so easy dude! I have 100 hours played as Killer combined in the last 6 years and I play it once every 3 weeks for about 10 matches, plus I always 4k with 0 perks on my Trapper. I also never tunnel or camp, if you can't win like that you're bad"

• Grum

Guy wrote an essay in response to a single sentence. All I'm gonna say is, MMR doesn't work correctly and there's no reason to assume it does; and if you really think you're going against comp squad survivors in 9/10 matches, you probably aren't a decent killer.

• Whitkey
    Whitkey Member Posts: 26

If that is happening to you even after the midchapter patch...then sorry, you are just bad then.

• Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397

yes

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,971

high mmr

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

It's not completely true if you have 3 or 4 decent survivors on a survivor sided map it's still extremely survivor sided. I found that the survivor sided maps are still way survivor sided,killer sided maps are more killer sided and the few even ones can still swing each way depending on range.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719

Depends on the killer. Nurse or Blight, no the game is killer sided. Other killers, survivor sided.

• Grum

Bro, it's not that serious, trust me.

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    edited October 2022

"Survivors who play correctly will always win", I guarantee you every single player has a different definition of "playing correctly" and just because you do so, doesn't mean you'll always win.

• AverageKateMain
    AverageKateMain Member Posts: 949

The game itself is swf sided. There's a difference between survivor sided and swf sided but something tells me I'm gonna get ripped to shreds for saying that