The "In Sound Mind" Chapter

Options
Jivetalkin13
Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 744
edited August 2022 in Creations

In Sound Mind is an imaginative first-person psychological horror with frenetic puzzles, unique boss fights, and original music by The Living Tombstone. Journey within the inner workings of the one place you can’t seem to escape—your own mind.

Killer: The Agent

Speed: 4.6 m/s

Height: Medium

Terror Radius: 32m

Power: Agent Rainbow

Your presence alone in the trials brings forth corruption of the mind. Agent Rainbow causes a number of psychological effects once a survivor becomes Polluted. After becoming Polluted survivors will scream every 30 seconds. While Polluted survivors will hear your terror radius emanating from other Polluted survivors and lose the ability to heal other survivors with a second person. If all survivors become Polluted, a mental break occurs and all survivors become Incapacitated for 16 seconds. The Polluted status effect disappears after 60 seconds of not interacting with any objects containing Agent Rainbow.

Special Ability: Chemical Spill

Use the Activate Ability button to release a 8 meter circle puddle of Agent Rainbow. Survivors that walk through these puddles suffer the Polluted status effect and track Agent Rainbow 5 meters in the direction they move. Puddles of Agent Rainbow stay in the trial indefinitely, but will evaporate within 5 meters of totems and generators. After using this ability it goes on cooldown for 60 seconds.

Special Ability: Gaseous State

The Agent is able to sublimate into a gas form that moves at 4.0 m/s and leaves small puddles of Agent Rainbow behind. While in this form, The Agent can't attack, but can walk through pallets and breakable walls and is unable to be stunned. Survivors that walk into him or the trail during this time suffer the Polluted status. The Agent has a brief cooldown where he can't attack after returning to his solid form. Survivors that are Polluted will only see your solid form even while in Gaseous State.

Add-Ons

Common

• 1: Survivors that initailly become Polluted suffer the Blindness status effect for 60 seconds.
  • 2: Increase the length survivors track Agent Rainbow by 2 meters.
  • 3: Increase your speed in Gaseous state by 0.2 m/s
  • 4: Increase the radius of Chemical Spill puddles by 1 meter.

Uncommon

• 1: Increase the speed Chemical Spill recharges by 10 seconds.
  • 2: Survivors that are Polluted suffer the Oblivious status effect while being healed.
  • 3: Survivors suffer the Mangled and Hemmorage status effects while injured.
  • 4: Decrease you terror radius while in Gaseous state by 16 meters.
  • 5: Injured survivors suffer the Broken status effect after initially becoming Polluted for 30 seconds.

Rare

• 1: Missing a skill check while Polluted causes the survivor to scream.
  • 2: Survivors suffer a 10% Hindered status for 15 seconds after initially becoming Polluted.
  • 3: Increase the frequency you leave behind puddles of Agent Rainbow in Gaseous state.
  • 4: While in Gaseous state vault locations within 8 meters become covered in Agent Rainbow for 15 seconds.
  • 5: While walking on Agent Rainbow gain the Undetectable status.

Very Rare

• 1: While in Gaseous state Generators within 8 meters spew out Agent Rainbow for 15 seconds.
  • 2: Survivors that scream due to the Polluted status have their auras revealed for 3 seconds.
  • 3: Gain a 10% Haste effect after exiting the Gaseous state.
  • 4: Increase the duration survivors are Polluted by 20 seconds.

Ultra Rare

• 1: While in your Gaseous state the following effects take place: Passing through breakable walls and pallets instantly break them. Increase the time it takes to become solid.
  • 2: Survivors that are Polluted leave behind small puddles of Agent Rainbow behind them while moving. Decrease the time Survivors are Polluted to 30 seconds.

Perks

Hex: Paranoia: Cause 2 difficult skill checks to trigger after a great skill check. Failing a difficult skill check causes the survivor to scream and suffer the Incapacitated status for 8/16/24 seconds.

Inner Demons: Survivors inside lockers gain the Oblivious status effect. After leaving a locker survivors keep the Blindness status effect for 30/45/60 seconds.

Toxic Atmosphere: Survivors suffer 5% Hindered effect for 2 seconds while 4/6/8 meters away from you. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds.

Survivor: Desmond Wales

Perks

Reverse Psychology: After you stop working on a generator, this perk activates for 3/4/5 seconds. If the killer kicks the generator in that time, the generator will gain 10 seconds of progress. This perk then goes on cooldown for 60 seconds.

Moving On: After healing a survivor, they gain a 10%/20%/30% increase to their generator repair speed for 30 seconds.

Working Through It: While repairing a generator, all injured survivors in a 6 meter radius begin healing at 10%/15%/20% normal speed automatically. This does not count as a heal action.

New Legendary Skins

The Spirit as The Watcher

The Wraith as The Shade

The Oni as The Bull

The Deathslinger as The Flash

(I'm a fan of this game and think it should get more attention, not saying it's a perfect fit for DbD, but this is what I would want out of a chapter for this. Feedback is appreciated.)

Post edited by Jivetalkin13 on

Comments

• pimin
    pimin Member Posts: 51
    Options

I can see where you are going with this. there are a couple of things that I would personally change though I have never played the source so I'm not sure of how.

The Power is too passive on the Killer side in the effects. I know that I and a few other players prefer to see the effects of our powers and perks (See Nemesis's Zombies being seen as unreliable). While the Paranoia I would feel as a survivor definitely works, eh, if its not fun to play I don't see a point. Maybe include extra tracking options for survivors with Polluted, make the ways to become Polluted a bit more active, Give Polluted an effect that activates when it wears off (this one could be done with Add-ons).

The Perks, these are generally something to see. Overall the changes I suggest here don't need to happen.

Hex: Paranoia: Firstly the choice of tiering up how many skill checks occur is a little odd to me. maybe streamline this to 2 difficult skill checks and then mess with the Incapacitated effect numbers. I'd also say the scream isn't entirely necessary as failing a skill check causes a location marker to appear.

Inner Demons: very synergistic very few survivors these days fail the skill checks these days though.

Toxic Atmosphere: 2% hindered feels weird to say is too little but i am going to suggest 5% because of some nice counterbalancing with Yui Kimura's Breakout. in the same vein maybe adjust the distances to 4/5/6.

Reverse Psychology: the math here adds up to only a .5 increase on kick with regression getting you very little reserved progress to handle regression. I don't know if this was intentional. It's a good idea though. maybe you could afford to increase the time the perk works with to maximum 10.

Moving On & Working Through It. you can afford to increase the numbers on both of these. Though which numbers are up to you.

One thing I will say is. If you want to see something like this in the game get your ideas to not be totally balanced. balance for gameplay where you can but with the Power go hog wild and include ideas you think wouldn't really fly in places. (Gaseous State is an amazing thing but you could have really sold some on the idea with a slightly faster reappearance timer or more effects from being Polluted)

• Jivetalkin13
    Options

Made a couple adjustments to the power and perks based on your suggestions.

Added a bit of tracking with the Polluted status by making survivors scream every 30 seconds, including initial infliction of the status, so that's a minimum of 3 screams per infliction. Also, made it so you your able to heal if another survivor is healing with you, which should elevate annoying situations where everyone is Polluted.

Also added more barrels spawning in for more coverage as well as a trailing effect that spreads Agent Rainbow throughout the trial as survivors run through it. The main purpose of the puddles is to disrupt survivors pathing while running around.

The Gaseous state now switches quicker, but with a brief period where you can't attack, like Doctor. He also leaves behind small puddles of Agent Rainbow while in this state.

Changed the numbers the Incapacitated status for Hex: Paranoia and made the number of skill checks 2 as well.

I'm probably going to change Inner Demons effect entirely, just because I'm not happy with it, still thinking about what to do with it though.

Toxic Atmosphere has a bumped up Hindered effect, but I kept the distance the same. Might adjust the cooldown later.

Thinking about add-ons as I type this.

Thanks for doing the math on Reverse Psychology. Bumped the number to 10 seconds. (I wonder if two survivors ran this perk with Blast Mine, would it stack?)

Increased numbers for Moving On significantly, but cutting the amount of time it works.

Increased the amount of healing to 20%. I don't want this to be a new Self Care, so I want the numbers to be small, as it could potentially heal an entire team.

That should be all the changes, and add-ons will be coming soon.

• Jivetalkin13
    Options

Changed the effect of "Inner Demons" and finished add-ons.

• Jivetalkin13
    Options

Removed "Hazard: Chemical Barrels" and replaced it with an active ability in order to be more strategic with puddle placement.