The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I'm losing connection to games a lot more - is it me or is it happening to all of us?

Title says it all, I'll be playing and suddenly the match ends after the game freezes. I don't get a DC penalty though which is the strangest thing. Is this something to do with the bug patch or is it my internet?

Comments

• ShyPirate
    ShyPirate Member Posts: 377

I had two in the past couple days, but mine did come with a DC penalty. And another weird thing is there was no game freeze or even lag or stutter. Everything was running smooth then all of a sudden I got the DbD logo, then a "Disconnected from host" error message and 5 minute ban.

First time was as legion and it happened in the middle of a frenzy right after hitting someone.

Second time was as survivor in Midwich. I was just repairing a generator and suddenly disconnected.

• TheEmeraldTuber
    TheEmeraldTuber Member Posts: 41

Yeah, mine was vaulting a window as Nemesis. I got the same message and logo, but I didn't get the ban somehow.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,520

Yep, yesterday my character froze but the sounds and environment kept going for about 10 seconds then off to the end screen showing me and the Killer with DC icons, no penalty.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,481

Yup I have been noticing this happening more since the most recent patch. Definitely isn't my internet as no other online game I play lags, and I am hard wired in

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Happens to me about once every couple of days. Except I do get a DC penalty.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Had it happen several times last week after not having any issues. That seemed to go away, now this week I've gotten several Bloodweb errors.

I'll be buying items on the Bloodweb, usually at/near the end of it about to go to the next web, and the client throws up a Bloodweb Error, crashes back to the loading screen. When I get back the same level Bloodweb is completely back up and refreshed with a new setup. In most cases it refunds the BPs I spent, so at least that's good. I had one this week that didn't refund the BPs and I have a ticket in, waiting a few days to hear back.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It has happened to me twice, no penalty. I fixed my internet after Anniversary as before it would kick me and I would get the penalty (but keep challenge progress). Now I do not keep challenge progress, but I also do not get a penalty. I assume it is server side and perhaps not as many survivors as rage quitting as people imply.

• Kweh
    Kweh Member Posts: 88

I got one, it looked like a lag switch at first lol. The survivor kept running a short distance and when I hit would disappear and go back to his original position then I got D/Ced from host with no penalty. Definitely not my setup either.