Are you tired of Plaything/Pent combo?

Just bring a Boon in your setup. If you see your Plaything, just Boon it and don't break it. If somebody DOES cleanse their PLaything in your solo lobby. Just follow it up with a Boon if the Killer puts a Pent there. EASY COUNTER BOIS

Comments

• Lecruidant
    Lecruidant Member Posts: 162

It takes the Hex out without breaking the bones to give them another spot for Penta.

Also idk about that, unless my Buddy had a glitch in the lobby when I told him about it and he was able to Boon a Penta totem

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Yes please waste 28 seconds booning a hex just so I can step on it with shattered hope.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
  • dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

My totem hunting build says no

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

I mean I just stay oblivious or remember the places hexs get destroyed, easy counters tbh pick either one and you dont have to even use a perk

• Claudettemain202
    Claudettemain202 Member Posts: 18

Yes, very annoying lol

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,930

And now let's try that again with Shattered Hope.

• Lycidas
    Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170

Or

Bring Counterforce

I'm not sure if the bonus speed is capped or not, but the Legion I used it against was NOT happy with how fast their totems were broken

• KolbyKolbyKolby
    KolbyKolbyKolby Member Posts: 623

It has only the cap of how many totems you can do. I tested it and if you cleanse 10 totems the last one you do in like 2 seconds.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,059

Booning Plaything is fairly risky, since the killer knows where the hex is and has reason to think survivors know where it is too. It's not uncommon for the killer to check Plaything totems. But yeah, it's the best counter to Pentimento. That or just ignore the Oblivious.

I don't actually run into Plaything/Pentimento that often. It's a good combo but can be played around a few ways.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I'm very tired of my teammates cleansing several dull totems and then getting slapped with three stacks of pentimento lol

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,358

The combo doesn't really see much run, because even with survivors cleansing plaything totems the killer still has to find time to create the pentimento totem. And since generally survivors know where hexes got cleansed, it doesn't take that long for them to locate and cleanse your pentimento totems.

As good as 30% slowdown is, trying to set up and keep it around is kind of hard. And since it's not something that can just be active at the start of the match, good survivors who don't go down quickly can often not be pressured to cleanse their plaything totem.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

I just don't cleanse plaything

Don't really care about being oblivious unless it's an indoor map or a map with a lot of LOS blockers

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

This is probably just do bones early as counter.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Not really, I don’t see pentimento that often.

• Roaroftime
    Roaroftime Member Posts: 416

Yes

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Yeah you're right, screw fun and different slowdowns, I'll just be over here with my pop, corrupt, ruin and undying, y'know...sooo MUCH fun

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

Just ignore it. Chases will end quicker but if your team has a brain and if you’re actually decent at the game you should still win with gen progression. The reason Pent/Play works so well is because survivors waste so much time. Just ignore it and be extra vigilant, slam gens like normal = win.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I used to use Pentimento + Plaything combo before. Then survivors started to get smart and only destroy the Playthings with boons and I started getting 0 value out of it. I decided to change the build since it wasn't worth it anymore.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Yeah, I've been meaning to do a Don't Mess with Hexes build:

• Shattered Hope - permanently destroy Boons and see survivor auras nearby
    • Hex: Devour Hope - if left undestroyed builds up to Exposed hits and kills
    • Hex: Pentimento - Replace destroyed totems with Pentimento. (You only really need to get 1 or 2 or 3 to get good value, getting 5 is just a rare fun luxury but not the goal.)
    • A third Hex, whatever seems the most fun. Some possibilities
      • Undying would protect Devour Hope or Pentimento and also show auras of survivors.
      • Haunted Ground puts out more hex spots initially which might entice survivors to cleanse one.
      • Blood Favour is a fun one that can give good value in chases
      • Retribution gives aura info throughout the match as they destroy totems.
      • Thrill of the Hunt makes cleansing or booning the totems take much longer.

Basically Plaything is ok but I kind of prefer other hex effects to the Plaything one and you don't really need literally all five totems to be Hexes for Pentimento to get value.

• GlamourousLeviathan
    GlamourousLeviathan Member Posts: 981

I really like Plaything since if they go out of their way to break the hexes they are wasting time doing 4 totems and if they don't, you're basically Ghostface for the rest of the match. Blood Favor, Thrill of the Hunt, and Retribution normally get less value than Plaything from my experience. Undying usually isn't good unless you're using Devour Hope and Haunted Grounds need to have a really good timing to be useful.

Shattered Hope should be basekit.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Just to clarify a couple of things:

• Plaything makes survivors Oblivious is decent but not quite as good as being Undetectable because it doesn't remove the red stain. Plus Playing only affects survivors you've hooked, everybody else can still hear you coming, so it really isn't the same as Ghost Face.
    • I've gotten solid value out of Blood Favour most of the time I've run it. I think that perk is a little underrated.
    • I don't normally run Thrill of the Hunt. However, given how much time it adds to creating Boons, I think it's worth me taking another look at it since most matches I'm in have at least one Boon creator.
    • Undying by itself isn't great, but paired with any other decent Hex it's pretty solid. Not just because it acts as insurance to make sure the other Hex stays up, but also because its auras are actually not too bad. I've definitely had matches with Undying where the auras gave me pretty decent info.
    • Haunted Grounds is another one I've normally gotten value out of when I run it. 60 seconds is plenty of time to get one or two downs.
    • The Hexes I tend to avoid would be Huntress Lullaby (terrible perk), Third Seal (I'll use it sometimes but its effect is kind of spotty), and after the rework Ruin (its just a little too slow now)
    • NOED is obviously a good Hex too, but it doesn't exactly fit the theme of a "don't touch my totems!" type gimmick so I probably wouldn't use it for that.
    • Plaything is a good perk, but like I said survivors are tending to expect it now and I think Devour Hope is a stronger effect so I'm looking to build around that.