The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Terminology

Been playing the game now for 3-4 weeks and have since wandered over to the forums. Is there a list anywhere of the terminology I see on here. I know what looping and camping are but not sure on SFW and tunneling....any others??

Comments

• GhostEuant
    GhostEuant Member Posts: 243
    Solafide said:

Been playing the game now for 3-4 weeks and have since wandered over to the forums. Is there a list anywhere of the terminology I see on here. I know what looping and camping are but not sure on SFW and tunneling....any others??

SFW = Survive with Friends meaning groups who play together as survivors

Tunneling = The killer chooses to focus on the person most recently hooked so that they die faster. 
  • Solafide
    Solafide Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2018

Excellent, ty! So tunneling and camping would be fairly similar?

• GhostEuant
    I don’t know if there’s a specific thread or post that goes over all terminology because I think it’s assumed knowledge. But if you’re in a thread and someone says something you don’t get just ask them. 
  • GhostEuant
    Solafide said:

Sortof. Tunneling is actively chasing one specific person whereas camping is typically standing around or close to the hook. I guess you could say that tunneling is a form of camping (not letting that specific person escape and further play the game)
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Solafide said:

Camping is staying in front of the hook
    Tunneling is the decision if there are 2 survivors in front of you and you decide to go for the one who was alreadey hooked. (the only logical thing to do in the game atm)

• Solafide

@Master said:

@Solafide said:

Tunneling is the decision if there are 2 survivors in front of you and you decide to go for the one who was alreadey hooked. (the only logical thing to do in the game atm)

Ya, as new as I am, I don't get nearly as livid over the tunneling then as I do flat out camping (which is happening a ton)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Solafide said:

@Master said:

@Solafide said:

Ya, as new as I am, I don't get nearly as livid over the tunneling then as I do flat out camping (which is happening a ton)

I can tell you why, I rarely play DBD and I actively try to stay in low ranks now even though I am a 600 hour player.
    Even at grey ranks I face sometimes SWF who are just capable of bullying me hardcore. Imagine a beginner kille going agianst shitheads like this. They basically teach them that camping is a good thing (the only way how to get kills)
    Its sad, but this is more and more what this game turns into. Sadly the devs dont care ,seems like there is still enough money coming in

• Solafide

I've not seen an issue with SWF....I am still rank 18-20 and the issues I'm seeing are really really bad killers who will get at least one kill and they will make sure of it by not walking 3 seconds away from a hook....oh, and really bad noob survivors who ruin your game.

• lay
    lay Member Posts: 25
    edited June 2018

@Solafide said:
    I've not seen an issue with SWF....I am still rank 18-20 and the issues I'm seeing are really really bad killers who will get at least one kill and they will make sure of it by not walking 3 seconds away from a hook....oh, and really bad noob survivors who ruin your game.

Don't take it personal, most of those encounters are coming from new players who just don't know how to approach the game. Eventually you'll unlock perks that allow you to turn those situations around such as Borrowed Time but are usually designed for high level play especially after the nerf.

• EpicFailTryHard
    EpicFailTryHard Member Posts: 1,316
    Solafide said:

similar in that both are indicative of desperate gameplay.  i frown upon swf because communication with a mic with other survivors is as good as ten perks.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Also, for future reference, abbreviation for perks can be overwhelming. SB, SC, DS, STBFW, DH, WGLF, NC, etc.

If you look them up in Google, they will pop up. You can also look them up in DBD's fanmade database (deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com).