Basekit Borrowed Time isn't enough to get out of basement

How did this get past the PTB?

How is this still not buffed yet? You literally can't get out of basement with the 5 seconds it gives you.

Comments

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 613

Yeah, better let someone with the BT perk save you from basement.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

It has never been more important to take note of where basement is in every game, and make sure you never go down near it. If you get downed near basement in end game, you can essentially just let yourself die. Unless someone is running actual BT, you can't get out.

• Reshy
    Reshy Member Posts: 402

Because it's a horror game, and therefore there should be situations where the survivors are in fact scared.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

basement is designed as something very powerfull the survivors need to be carfull of. it is a weapon the killer has that is meant to give you a choice as survivor when you loop the killer. do you risk getting downed near the basement or do you choose a difrent route and use difrent tiles that maybe are weaker but getting you of the hook is easier in the long run.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’ve had survivors tell me they got seriously jump scared by my Dredge. 😉

• ProfSinful
    ProfSinful Member Posts: 271
  • Zolfo16
    Zolfo16 Member Posts: 479

I think honestly basekit BT should be 8 seconds with +7 with actual BT. This has nothing to do with basement wwhich is fine the way it is.

If the killer isn't running agitation or iron grasp it is always your misplay to get hooked into it.

Maybe you decided to work on a gen wounded near the basement?

Because if you were healthy you could have moved away from it.

Maybe you didn't take payed enought attention against a ghostface that is a D tier killer and got one-shotted?

If you are attentive you can avoid being hooked into it easily.

• Starrseed
    Starrseed Member Posts: 1,774

sounds like what bhvr thinks about the basement.

but lets be honest you can avoid the basement pretty good when i start a round and i see the shack a make a quick check where the basement is and i would rather go down quicker because i avoidet going near the basement then looping near it and maybe end up down there

• tendyhands
    tendyhands Member Posts: 268

According to people on here 5 seconds with minor haste is enough to make it to any tile in the game.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884

Solution: people should be running regular BT on top of the basekit. Not sure why more people aren't doing this.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Survivors are not allowed to get something useful. That's the statement from bhvr throughout the latest patches.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

That's exactly what shouldn't be the case. Bt had to be basekit as it was as perk. Nothing else. And the perk needed a complete rework afterwards.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,884

I think this is a perspective thing, I never interpreted basekit BT as a replacement for other anti-tunnel measures, but as a supplement to them. Should they buff it a bit? Absolutely. But I don't it was at all meant to be a solution on its own. If you're relying on it as your sole anti-tunnel measure, you're gonna have a bad time, but I don't anyone needed to run calculus to see that.

But that's just my take on it.

And Perk BT isn't all that much different than it was before, and if you combine it with the basekit BT, it's pretty strong.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,833

Iron Grasp + Agitation usually puts you in the basement unless the killer is feeling generous.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,356

on the flip side

Killers want to enjoy the game as well. Why should survivors be entitled to a guaranteed hook save because the survivor was in the basement?

• Zolfo16

This is exactly what i said....

UNless the killer is running....

• Astrian
    Astrian Member Posts: 320

I think everybody that's played Solo Queue a few times this patch can tell you 5 seconds isn't enough to do anything of value unless you're literally right next to a loop.

• Astrian

So if I play solo queue and somebody carries me to basement, I'm just cooked then?

Basement boy just auto kills me because he decided to take agitation + iron will?

You know for damn sure these teammates aren't taking hits for me

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

I've been hooked in the basement and escaped after the meta shift patch. This was also in solo q. It's not always a doomed match being in the basement.

• Zolfo16

Iron grasp not iron will. Iron will is a survivor perk.

If the killer has agitation, iron grasp, monstruous shrine basically he invested 3 perks in that and should be rewarded with an almost impossible save. It is like you have Off the record, DS and sprint burst to make it difficult to tunnel but there is a killer that ask a way to make all those perks not work and still tunnel you easily. "It is not fair that only because he took those 3 perks i can't tunnel him in 10 seconds!"

Yes, in the endgame being carried to the basement is close to be a death sentence. Because the killers MUST be a force to be reckoned with and in the endagame are even more dangerous. In the endgame you can be saved from a camped basement only if the others are cohordinated and they have the proper tools.

The best thing to do is STAY AWAY from the basement in the endgame, if there is a gen you must complete do not leave it for the last,

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,139

basement is free kills for killers with viable camping strategies. base-kit BT is not changing anything. you still need run BT to get saved from the basement. As few other have pointed out in the thread, it is another outdated dbd mechanic. the funny thing is that BT won't get both players out of the basement. you'll just be switching positions with the other survivor who got hooked in the basement.

• Astrian

bruh you knew what I meant, I type a lot but I'm not gonna peer-review my comments to make sure I get every perk name 100% correct

• Zolfo16

Well, you know aswell, it is not that i invalidate your point BECAUSE you wrote the perk's name wrong.

I corrected you and then explained you why in my opinion you are wrong.

• jaawn
    jaawn Member Posts: 80

There are currently like 113 survivor perks, of which players can use 4. How does BT (a single perk) lasting longer constitute a "free escape"??? If you take that perk it means you can't take some other perk...

• Zolfo16

It is not. As is is ssupposed to not be.

I mean. I AGREE that basekit BT should be 8 seconds è7 in case of real BT.

But not to run from a basement. It will not allow you a free escape and it should not allow you a free escape.

A camped basement in the endgame should be close to death sentence.

Killers should be something you have to be scared of, you should not always have a way to circumvent them.

You should plan ahead. If the last gen is going to pop you should know where the basement is and you should stay away from it.

• Astrian

And it still would be with a 7 or 8 second Base kit Borrowed Time

What we have right now doesn't protect you even if the Killer isn't camping the basement. If he's body blocking or right in front of your face you're not even getting up the stairs which is ridiculous I think for anybody to think about.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

Yes I’m so scared of a lady that pukes, some TEENAGERS, an old lady, a guy who can go transparent and rings a bell to tell you he’s going to attack, and a pop star. Soooo scarey.

Its so funny hearing people say survivors should be scared yet when they run a flashlight or have the ability to talk to each other suddenly killers are the ones afraid. This is such a dumb argument too lol. Basement isint scarey lol. DBD is party game with a horror theme. If DBD was supposed to scarey how about making it so killers don’t get stopped by a piece of wood, some killers are literally gods but a piece of wood, yep that stops them. Pissing my pants.

• Zolfo16
    edited August 2022

AND IT SHOULD NOT PROTECT YOU! Not a 5 second BTKIT, not a 8 seconds.

Basement = BAD = Death!

8 seconds basekit BT it is handy in other situation, where you are hooked and with 8 seconds you can search for safety.

You are not scared. Therefore noone should be scared ever. Remove basement and add MLponies to the game.

Man this is illogical.

• Astrian

People are scared of heights, does that mean the next killer BHVR has planned after Wesker is a skyscraper?

People get shocked when they enter a room and see that someone planned a surprise party for them. Is that Surprise Party a horror game?

You can get scared by things, but that doesn't make them "horror". Dead by Daylight is not a horror game. It is a party game that happens to have a horror theme. Nobody will be scared of the killers in Dead by Daylight, it's not a horror game, scaring the people playing the game is not the objective of the game.

People can get jump-scared in the game, people can be surprised that something happened that they weren't expecting, but that doesn't make DbD a horror game.

• Zolfo16

People may be scared of a little spider and may be not scared of a monster from another dimension. IT IS POSSIBLE!

Then? It is an hoorror game only if it manage to scare EVERYONE? Obv not! It iss an horror game if the purpouse of the game is to scare and/or create a spooky environment.

The assumption: "The game it is not scaring for me --> Therefore it is not an horror game ---> So we can and should nerf the basement" is illogical.

Stop beating around the bush.

• Astrian
    edited August 2022

Nobody is beating around the bush. I'm being as blunt as physically possible overexplaining everything to make my point as apparent as possible.

The objective of the game is to repair generators and to avoid getting killed. The gameplay loop involves you running around obstacles throwing pallets down and hopping over windows. You go around in circles for as long as possible.

You're not put in any scenario that would truly frighten or terrify someone because that's a horrible idea if you're making a game like this. The game makes everything obvious and apparent so that you can plan and act accordingly because to do otherwise would be extremely unfair.

You assume that our argument is that "it does not scare me, so it is not scary" but the reality is the Game, by design, is not a scary game.

Again, you can be scared by things in the game, things can surprise you and often do for many, many people; but that doesn't make Dead by Daylight a "horror game".

As this is the truth, balancing things in the game around making the game horrifying or making the killers scary is stupid. The killers by the design of the game are not scary, so why would you balance the game around achieving something that is not the goal of the game?

There is nothing horrifying about edgy teenagers with a knife, there's nothing horrifying about K-Pop man throwing knives at you, there's nothing horrifying about the Demogorgon from stranger things who got bodied by a bald kid and the massive amount of hair products Steve uses on a daily basis.

This is okay, because this isn't a horror game, this is a game where Serial Killers kill you. It is a party game with horror elements as its theme.

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304

Do a poll and ask people if they’re scared when they play DBD. Besides a jump scare by a stealth killer there is nothing scarey about this game to anybody older than 10.

• Zolfo16

Man are you really scared about Freddy in his movies? Or any other '80 horror franchise? Nah! Still they are horror.

As i said before. You are beating around the bush because you have no way to keep defending your idea of nerfing the basement so you try to argue we should nerf the basement because the game isn't scary.

The idea has no sense and even if, if you are scared or not this doesn't make Dbd "not horror".

From wikipedia:

"Dead by Daylight is a survival --> horror <-- asymmetric multiplayer online game developed by Behaviour Interactive."

You absolutely are beating around the bush. You tried to argue basement should be nerfed for X reason that, other users explained you, are subjective and related to your personal experience and feelings.

Many times BHVR decided to make changes in order to make killers "scary" and a force to be reckon with. Excpecially in the endgame.

Then you stated "It does not scare me, it is not horror, not being an horror we should nerf basement".

This is EVEN MORE subjective than before!!! It is like to say "i don't like this perks, for this reason we should change it!".

And here we are, we are discussing about what is the definition of "horror" because you can't accept the idea that some people can find the challenge in a well defended basement acceptable in a game where you should be worried about a killer killing you.

I am not going to discuss this topic further, if you didn't get this time it is obvious for me you are trolling me.

• Zolfo16

Man you are definitely trolling....

• "And I quite literally NEVER said anything about nerfing basement or even implied anything about basement in my comments"

The name of the topic is: "Basic BT isn't enought to escape from basement." The whole discussion is about escaping the basement should be possible.

• "In DBD which role is stronger, SWF or Killer?"

This has nothing to do with the topic. Neither has nothing to do with the concept of horror. In many horror the "monster" or the "killer" in an underdog.

• "You mean the pedophile who says (female dog) and replies with a funny one liners every time he tries to kill a teenagers which he sometimes fails? Yes my pants become quite heavy soooooo scarey."

I said DBD is horror and Freddy is horror. None of them are scary. You are twisting my words because you have nothing to add to the dscussion and try to make me say something i never said.

• "Anything can be horror. There’s a literal subreddit of Garfield horror what your point here?"

You ask what is the point to me? I asked the same thing to you but you never replied. We are talking about "borrow time" and "basement".

If something is or is not horror has nothing to do with these 2 mechanics.

You started the discussion about the game being or not being horror.

Which is. Being scary for you it is non meter of evaulation for the horror.

• "I don’t think tables are scary. Should tables be added into DBD just because someone might be scared of them? Or socks. You afraid of socks?"

A knight is about to come it seem. And a lot of fables were scary back in the age where they were invented. Are you scared of Frankenstein? Well guess what. It was horror.

Yes you definitely are trolling and derailing the topic. I am not going to reply anymore.

• Astrian

beat around the bush 

(idiomatic) To treat a topic, but omit its main points, often intentionally.

(idiomatic) To delay or avoid talking about something difficult or unpleasant. 

Name a single time that I haven't directly addressed anything that you've mentioned. Name a single time that I've avoided talking about anything. As I said my previous comment, I am purposefully over explaining and addressing everything to make my point as clear and apparent as possible. I physically don't know what else I can do outside of addressing everything you said point by point.

"Dead by Daylight is a survival --> horror <-- asymmetric multiplayer online game developed by Behaviour Interactive."

As I've said, Dead by Daylight is a game with horror elements. That does not make it a horror game. Why is that I can explain why the game isn't a horror game but you can't explain why it is one except by quoting things that aren't even made by Behaviour.

I've provided mutliple in game examples as to why Dead By Daylight exemplifies it's asymmetric and survival qualities while leaving it's horror themes on the sidelines.

I've provided counterpoints to my own arguments just to cover my bases and still all you do is just quote text that doesn't mean anything and can easily be disproven.

Many times BHVR decided to make changes in order to make killers "scary" and a force to be reckon with. Excpecially in the endgame.

Such as? When has BHVR made a change that was not in the sake of balance but solely to make a killer, or the role itself "Scary"

I agree with you that the killer has been buffed to be made a "force to be reckoned with" because it is in nature a power role. But BHVR has done nothing to purposefully make the role "scary". Any fear a player has is a byproduct of the balance changes that have come first for Behaviour, not on purpose.

Then you stated "It does not scare me, it is not horror, not being an horror we should nerf basement".

Literally never said this.

My reasons for buffing the basekit borrowed time is because it does nothing to address camping in the basement. This is on top of the numerous other problems this feature has as 5 seconds has been proven time and time again this update to be completely worthless.

In the 5 seconds of borrowed time that you get after being unhooked, even if a Killer is not camping you it will run out before you are able to get out of the building. This is ridiculous.

That was my entire point, horror had nothing to do with it. You are misinterpreting what I said because I never said anything about horror in regards to buffing basekit borrowed time. If anything I was saying horror should not be a factor when buffing or nerfing an aspect of the game.

This is EVEN MORE subjective than before!!! It is like to say "i don't like this perks, for this reason we should change it!".

Yes. Opinions are subjective. It is my opinion that basekit borrowed time should be buffed as the 5 seconds you get after being unhooked is bad.

It is your opinion that this is a horror game and balance should be made to keep killers scary. I have proven through facts and evidence in the game that this is not a horror game and balance should not be ignored for the sake of "Horror"

There are many issues with the game right now, one of them being the 5 seconds of endurance that you get after being unhooked. As I said there's many examples of this feature doing absolutely nothing.

It is subjective that I want this changed to be better, but you pretending that I don't have actual reasons is plain wrong. You're ignoring my actual reasons because they don't align with what you believe.

And here we are, we are discussing about what is the definition of "horror" because you can't accept the idea that some people can find the challenge in a well defended basement acceptable in a game where you should be worried about a killer killing you.

We're discussing the definition of horror because you insist that scariness and horror should be more of a focus than balance and general enjoyability of the game.

Camping has objectively boomed since the MidChapter update and not being able to escape the basement is simply a symptom of the poor implementation of the 5 seconds endurance after an unhook. Everybody agrees that camping is a massive problem but clearly BHVR doesn't want Decisive Strike or Borrowed Time the perk to be the solution; so buff the Basekit Borrowed time you get after an unhook.

I am not going to discuss this topic further, if you didn't get this time it is obvious for me you are trolling me.

I'm glad that after reading countless paragraphs on the forum of Dead by Daylight of all games that the conclusion you drew from me is that I am trolling you and not that I actually want the game to be better.

Really putting your reading comprehension skills to use.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Maybe make it 8 seconds when in basement.

• Zolfo16
    • "It is my opinion that basekit borrowed time should be buffed as the 5 seconds you get after being unhooked is bad."

So it is mine. As i wrote before. But you probably never read that part.

But not because it is or it is not horror enought. Neither because of basement that are fine.

5 seconds it is not enought to run from a killer in normal circumstances.

• "I have proven through facts and evidence in the game that this is not a horror game"

Fact and evidence: "It does not scare me, therefore it is not horror". These are not facts and evidence, these are, again, opinions and point of views

• "We're discussing the definition of horror because you insist that scariness and horror should be more of a focus than balance and general enjoyability of the game."

I NEVER said that. I repeated MANY TIMES that Dbd is horror BUT this has nothing to do with game balance. Or you not read what i write or you are trolling me. (the second :))

• I'm glad that after reading countless paragraphs on the forum of Dead by Daylight of all games that the conclusion you drew from me is that I am trolling you and not that I actually want the game to be better.

Well... after the last paragraphs i pointed out, this idea is even more strong. You do not read my opinion is the same as yours, you never read the horrror topic was pointless, you never read anything of what i said! You simply argued with me on everything for no reason.

And when i pointed out something that didn't worked in your idea you changed topic. Sorry but I think this is trolling.

• Astrian

"We're discussing the definition of horror because you insist that scariness and horror should be more of a focus than balance and general enjoyability of the game."

I NEVER said that. I repeated MANY TIMES that Dbd is horror BUT this has nothing to do with game balance. Or you not read what i write or you are trolling me. (the second :))

Killers should be something you have to be scared of, you should not always have a way to circumvent them.

This you?

You are not scared. Therefore noone should be scared ever. Remove basement and add MLponies to the game.

You also said this to a person who legit wasn't even talking to you. They were talking to someone else yet you included yourself into this discussion which clearly means you believe this game should be scary.

You also followed up with "remove basement" which if you have the ability to put 2 and 2 together, can easily be assumed that you mean to say that Basement should be scary, that in a discussion about balance that the basement being scary is clearly important to you, enough to include yourself in a discussion that someone wasn't having with you.

Am I wrong? Is this not you?

In a discussion about the balance of basekit borrowed time and it's interaction with basement you brought up time and time again that being in the basement should be "scary"

People agreed with you that Killers should be strong, but being scary shouldn't have anything to do with this, as this isn't a horror game. Killers can still be strong while not being "scary" The basement can still be a risk for people to rescue people from even with the 5 seconds of endurance becoming larger.

This is a discussion about Balance, not about how scary or horrifying being in the basement is. You've dragged this discussion off topic long enough.

• Zolfo16

• This you?

Yes and where exactly you see "Horror" and or "the definition of horror"?

• You also said this to a person who legit wasn't even talking to you. They were talking to someone else yet you included yourself into this discussion which clearly means you believe this game should be scary.

This was sarcasm. Unless you think adding MLP to the game is a serious proposal.

• You also followed up with "remove basement" which if you have the ability to put 2 and 2 together, can easily be assumed that you mean to say that Basement should be scary, that in a discussion about balance that the basement being scary is clearly important to you, enough to include yourself in a discussion that someone wasn't having with you.

Maybe there is a language barrier? When i say the basement should be scary i am not talking about REAL FEAR! I am not talking about horror.

I mean you shoulb be scared in the sense you should be worried that there is an abundant probability that if you go down there you are not going out and if you are in the endgame you are going to lose a match you are close to win.

Maybe instead of "scared" you can use "worried"?

Is this your issue? Sound it better now?

• Astrian

In 6.2.0, we will be increasing the duration of the Haste & Endurance effects to 10 seconds. Additionally, we’ll be increasing the Haste effect to 10% increased speed (from 7%).

They did it boys, and much more generous than I would've given.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Yea now basement is pointless even hooking in because no matter what they get to safety

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703
    edited August 2022

Good. Basement is outdated

(Also it’s not pointless at all)