Your Favorite Unconventional Play/Weird Flex

foxsansbox
foxsansbox Member Posts: 2,209

I'll go first. If I'm using the dreaded Starstruck+Agi combo and a survivor comes up to me to sandbag and get out of the game early, when I pick them up I don't put them on hook:

I use them as a exposure proximity bomb to hunt down the rest of the survivors.

They tend to grow a pair and start struggling/play the game again.

Comments

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    edited August 2022

If a survivor does the clicky clicky teabag if I'm playing pig, they get the forced headpop (grab the little ######### off the box, walking away and let them wiggle off, following them while crouching as to not pause the timer)

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713
    edited August 2022

If I’m not in a chase and I see a gate at 99% complete I open it. I get 500 bloodpoints for it, the survivors get none, and it starts the clock on the endgame collapse that they wanted to avoid. Plus I think it scares some survivors into thinking I have Blood Warden which is fun. (I never do, but they don’t know that! 😄)

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

That would just make me click twice as fast, you will need to pull me off a chest instead as I will got and get another flashlight because the battery will be out if you do not stop me. Also, that is my flex. I click at killers regardless of how well I am doing. I am a freaking animal, bro. Can't c me.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,942

one time I made a killer rage quit because I foiled their slugging build because I had no mither

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,153

I already made a forum post about this, but it's one of my favorite plays Ive done so far.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited August 2022

As killer, if a survivor does the "come here" emote, the game is paused for me. I must see what they wanted me to see !

Does it waste my time ? Yes. Does it make the game fun ? Also yes. I've had survivors show me easter eggs or just being silly with their friends, and it made me happy.

Not a flex by any stretch of the word, but apparently unconventional: I'll often try to have something nice to say about whoever I'm facing in the endgame chat. Killer had an amazing map pressure ? I'll tell them. Survivors did some sick sabo plays? That deserves a compliment. Killer got stomped ? Well, they did well in that one chase, their mindgame was 10/10 and I wish I saw it coming. They're definitely on the right track to getting better.

Whether I "win" or not, I think it's nice to acknowledge that everyone did the best they could. People always seem to be caught off guard, so I guess it's not that common. Some killers especially always expect to be called filthy tunnelers, so it's always nice chatting with them about what went well or less well in the game.

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491
  • ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I've probably made the most amount of Alien concepts on the Forums

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 699

Getting the 4K Mori with 5 stavks of Devour Hope. It always brings a smile to my face, especially with Killers considered "weak" like Sadako.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,870

Survs that click at you while you are in the midst of wrecking them are always good for a chuckle. Balance for the ones who click at you as they are wrecking you, maybe.

Makes no sense to me, but to each their own.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

Shooting someone while flashlight blinded as Deathslinger. I can only imagine how scary it must to be see "Killer Blind" the side of the screen, only to immediately get shot 😂

• RiskyKara
    RiskyKara Member Posts: 804

My flex is having really good headphones and getting blinded. 'You think my being blinded makes you have power over me? Tracking by sight only happens right before the swing.'

Also 'Oh I screwed up, wait they screwed up, wait no I screwed up, they screwed up again! YES!'

Then it's like 'Ha! I mindgamed your mindgame against my mindgame! Neither of us have any clue what we're doing but you don't have to know that.'

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited August 2022

I raise you one for the "neither of us have any clue what we were doing but you don't have to know that" : I frequently get stuck on obstacles when trying to loop close to the walls, and it has often ended with the survivor running straight into me as they thought I kept up while I was busy trying to detangle my feet from the texture of the rock/tree/hook.

I'm always bamboozled but hey, it's free survivor to down !

• Hi_Im_Chucky
    Hi_Im_Chucky Member Posts: 366

I guess my weird flex is always teleporting to my box as Cenobite, just to maybe hear him say the thing. Sometimes while in chase, sometimes right before I’m about to hit a survivor…hell I’ll even drop the survivor on my shoulder sometimes and ‘pop’ I’m gone.

I can’t stop, won’t stop.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

That is brilliant honestly

I'm sure the legion DCed out of respect

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I hiss at a pallet after being stunned by it as Demo, then proceed to break it normally.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,472

This might be my favorite post from any person on these forums

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Ok my own one I'm proud of mostly because no one really plays against plague that strategically. I'm on a gen, fully infected, plague is chasing an already injured survivor, and I realise that there's only two available fountains left and both are very near me. I run over to one, cleanse, run back to my gen, infect myself again, run over to the other one and cleanse again. She gets her power just after she downs the survivor and loses all her fountains, then doesn't find any of the rest of us until after it's gone.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,130

I accidentally sandbagged a Kate after she used almost every pallet on the map. Now it's a habit.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Its a good way to get rid of that little ######### that's been annoying you all game, its even better if the entire team tries to bodyblock for them only to realise you have stbfl

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I like running no gen slowdown perks and focusing on either tracking perks, chase-focused, or anti-healing builds.

I never get used to the extra time gen slowdown perks give, so I am very efficient if I get into my groove.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I only ever run chase and info builds.

• Massquwatt
    Massquwatt Member Posts: 414

Whenever I go against nemesis or pinhead I will make it a point to escape the trial with the box and a vaccine and when Wesker comes out I'll escape with the sprays too. I just like stealing the killers stuff.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I use the flashlight to communicate with other survivors. I'll click where I want them to go so I can heal them. I'll double clicky on a gen if I am leaving it to unhook someone. Surprisingly, all my clickies are understood by other survivors. It's like charades. This is how I survive SoloQ.

• Interocitor
    Interocitor Member Posts: 146

I haven't leveled up any survivor past level 6, so I only play with two tier 1 perks. I've escaped over 700 times with Kindred and WGLF (pre patch for bloodpoints bonus to spend on killers) at tier 1 on David in solo queue and usually ended up in the top 2 scoring survivors for the match and have most of the survivor achievements that aren't adepts or having a full loadout. Also have escaped with hundreds of items from trial chests. My escape rate is lower after the patch but I still do well with scoring and got buffed with the basekit BT. If I stay interested in the game long term, I plan to eventually level up all survivors to level 15 and only play them with their specific perks and maybe one universal perk like kindred as a fourth. I will probably stop maining David then since that would mean No Mither all the time, but that could be fun.

As killer I almost never use addons and have hundreds of alchemist rings/crows/rats on Blight, my main. Also always have shadowborn equipped because need the FOV to avoid motion sickness/headaches.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,548

I guess the weirdest tactic I use sometimes is feigning weakness, just missing, switching targets at the worst possible time ... to boost the confidence of the survivors.

Then, as clumsily as possible, get a hook during the EGC and let the entity take everyone with a Bloodwarden.

It appears they never expect it. Some like the surprise, others hate it.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

It's a weird build that unfortunately is getting harder and harder to use due to maps and boons.

I call it off brand Scratched Mirror Myers.

I run Surveillance, Nurse's Calling, Oppression, Sloppy Butcher, and Boyfriend's Letter. Stay in tier 1 and keep ambushing Survivors who are doing my gens or healing.

Later in the game I'll tier up if I think I need the power... but yeah. It is a cheaper, slightly weaker, but more flexible version of Scratched Mirror Myers.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

Four things for me. Like you but the last one is that I type like a 40 year old man, apparently. I just type good, man! ;~;

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

I only do that with pinhead, but it's just funny, lol