Ada's new perk Low Profile

Options
Horror_Gaming
Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Ada Wongs new perk Low Profile is to situational in it's PTB state. Currently it is hard to choose using LP over Sole survivor or Left Behind since they are stronger more dependent end game last resort perks.

I suggest a slight buff that not only makes LP a little more stronger for end game but also allow useful gameplay throughout the match as well while keeping the theme that the Devs are going for.

Low Profile needs to A: Silence your grunts of pain too 100% when your the last survivor while the timer is activated. Having no scratch marks and pools of blood is handy. But if you have no way of healing then the perk will not be helpful since you are running around and still making noise for the killer to hear and follow. Lastly, Its secondary effect that makes the perk useful for the match would work like this. Low profile charges when inside the killers terror radius and not in chase. When fully charged low profile will activate the next time you initiate a chase. Your grunts of pain, scratch marks, and pools of blood will not spawn for the next 30 seconds.

Comments

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

How about you take Off the Record or Iron Will to go with it to reduce your noise in end game? You're already building for that if you take Low Profile, there's no reason to gimp yourself. c:

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

I think silencing survivor groans would be a bit much- the killer needs some sort of notification that you’re close by. Sometimes when a killer is looking for hatch, he happens to see some faded scratch marks & pools of blood heading away from the direction he was heading in (I’ve been on both ends of this situation), so Low Profile will help with this. If that injured last survivor is running it, the killer wouldn’t be able to pick up the survivor’s tracks, thus continuing on his original path, and the survivor chances of finding hatch or opening the exit gate may increase.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Yeah Low Profile looks pretty bad, it seems like you would almost always be better off having a perk that helps you AND the rest of the survivors get out compared to one that only helps you if everybody else is already dead.

I guess if I were hypothetically going to play a survivor with Low Profile, I’d probably go all in on stealth, maybe even bring a key? Yeah it’s terrible but may as well lean into the gimmick of making your that if the survivors lose you are the last one left and have an easy escape. (Then again I hardly play survivor and when I do I like Ace with a Plunder build so what do I know? 🤷‍♂️)

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

Ada has only 2 perks and the best perk is better blast mine.

Big uuufff

• SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

Why is the assumption you're choosing it OVER Sole Survivor or Left Behind and not WITH those perks. I mean that's 100% the point is that it's intended for the survivor equvialent of a noed, no way out, blood warden build

• Nico_0
    Nico_0 Member Posts: 115
    Options

I'd say to preserve the idea of the perk, to the current effect add also permanent non aura reading, stop alerting creatures and silent steps.

Sounds cool at least to become free in that regard when the race for the hatch begins.

It's a feet oriented perk, so I wouldn't make breathing and grunts silent.

And it still would be meh, so either add some alternative condition for activation. Or keep it only for the last survivor, but add to it haste effect stackeable with hope.

The perk icon looks nice I want it to succeed

• bestgirlsusie
    bestgirlsusie Member Posts: 6
    Options

i feel like this is a missed opportunity for a silent footsteps perk we already have a few things that do this and kind of better.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Garbage-tier perk that only selfish solos will run (if anyone at all), outside of Adept Ada. Would be great to not get more perks that encourage this play style.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,902
    Options

This is what I thought too when I first saw the perk icon. I thought it'd be quiet footsteps when running throughout the match

• soloqdweet
    soloqdweet Member Posts: 14
    Options

Sorry, not every perk can be like old ds dh and iron will

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options
  • Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

low profile is bad but turning it into lucky break + old iron will is not the answer.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

If it's only in the end game and you're the only one alive I don't see the issue honestly.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

And Blastmine is already my no one used perk! Exciting!

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

with its name and icon when we didnt know what the perks did yet, i thought itd be something like iron will for footsteps. i was severely disappointed we got the worst team sabo perk weve ever received instead of something interesting like that

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Low Profile/Sole Survivor/Wake Up/Clairvoyance is gonna be the "I don't trust a single ######### person in this lobby" build.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

If it was only endgame/last survivor, I can totally agree with that. OP suggested it be an effect that charges up during the match like stakeout and activates during the match regularly. Unless I misunderstood them I took it to mean they want that effect to charge and proc regardless of being the last survivor or not

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Usually there's like 1 or 2 decent perks in a DLC and the rest are situational filler. Is what it is.