Why do survivors insist on blinding at a pallet?

Options
NomiNomad
NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

It just doesn't work, unless you're going against a bad killer. Especially when you're injured. I have seen otherwise very good survivors go down simply because they insist on blinding at pallets. Hell, I can't count how many free down's I've gotten because Survivor's must think I don't have ears, or something.

Flashlights are already one of the lesser items you can bring imo, this is just suicidal at this point.

Comments

• Oscarnator
    Oscarnator Member Posts: 304
    Options

Then why do you care? They’re giving you free downs. Sounds like it does work and you’re just annoyed and trying to do this reverse psychology so people stop doing it

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,106
    Options

Because they can? I mean, it's just a video game, not everyone is playing to escape, some are just having fun. Some might be doing challenges and some might be doing it to annoy you, thinking if you get aggravated enough you'd slip up and fail to catch them.

It could also be that there are a lot of bad killers and so they got comfortable with blinding at pallets.

• AngryHobo2
    AngryHobo2 Member Posts: 103
    Options

I play killer usually so I know how frustrating pallet blinds can be, but most of the time when I blind the killer as a survivor it's simply because I have a tome challenge.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,661
    Options

Points, fun, archive challenges, being a dick, habit, or attempting a play. I think I've covered everything.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

I do it with Flashbangs because I can drop and run.

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

Wat.

You're right, I think every single person who does this is going to read my post.

As a killer, I don't give a #########. I take my free down and move on.

When I'm on their time, yeah, I care.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

Only time I ever use flashlight is when I have a flashlight rift quest. When I do that I try to blind them anywhere and everywhere.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,813
    Options

For the points or for a challenge. They're just wasting their own time mostly, so I am unbothered.

I almost never use flashlights, the only time I do is for a challenge, and I will use it at a pallet because I am terrible with them and it's the easiest way to get blinds.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,133
    Options

Because I like it

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063
    Options

Points, Distance

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I run Residual Manifest a lot, so getting a blind at any time is satisfying. Might as well get use out of it when I can.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

I don't mind it. I know that BP is a pig to farm on survivor, and blinds are worth quite a bit. I can often follow them closely enough via sound to make it a wash.

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options

Probably points, you can rack up a pretty decent amount by constantly blinding the killer. Or they are just noobs.

• vanGlasse1
    vanGlasse1 Member Posts: 291
    Options

I mean, free points, some challenges, a bit of extra time in a chase, I honestly don't see why not

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,813
    Options

Not as much distance as you would get if you just dropped it and ran to another tile. Killers can break the pallet through the blind (as soon as I see the flashlight come up, I'm already breaking it), and maybe 1 time in 20 do I not see exactly where they went after blinding me, so it usually costs them distance.

But yeah, the points are good, and it's the easiest way to get them.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,087
    Options

It's just to signify they want to be tunnelled and camped.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,955
    Options

Its the only way pleb me can finish those "blind the killer x-times" tome challenges :D

• JacobiusWick
    JacobiusWick Member Posts: 161
    Options

I mean where better to do it except for maybe a save? Clear line of sight, and you're stuck in a break animation (if you go for pallet break) so it's literally the most ideal time. After that, it depends on the skill of survivor like pretty much everything else. Good survivors will get some extra distance or can extend chases. Bad survivors will almost definitely go down either way so. 😭🤣

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

When theres no archives it's probably just psychological warfare. Some people really hate being blinded

• Hatu7
    Hatu7 Member Posts: 10
    Options

I use Residual Manifest (and Blast Mine) for funsies, I'm just trying to get value out of it even though I know I probably won't.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Options

So I can say, wooooooooom pew.

It's the one thing we have that feels like a weapon.

And also points.