why is everybody freaking out about reassurance?

Options
akanadi
akanadi Member Posts: 242

its a good perk when the killer is camping and the solution is not camping simple.

Comments

• akanadi
    Options

griefing part is bad but tab out and do something else, helps you know theyre wasting their time while you watch family guy funny moments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

People don't want to be held hostage to the point the only way out is to disconnect which is what reassurance can cause. I've already seen someone on the forums talk about being held on the hook for an hour.

• akanadi
    Options

then dc or tab out it was just the ptb itll get fixed

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

hmmm, a way to fix that. by realizing ur camping is not working and leaving the hook?

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

As a killer main I really don't enjoy camping and only use it when my hand is forced, I am perfectly fine with this perk since its range is super short, it just needs to deactivate after the exit gates are powered and its fine.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

It is finally a meaningful way to deal with killers who camp. The cases where people will use it to grief will be few and far between. I would wager most of the out cry against the perk right now is coming from killers that know it is good against camping/tunneling. Likely will kill camping all together, and severely punish waiting out a second hook stage death.

• VideoGameMage
    VideoGameMage Member Posts: 358
    Options

I haven't seen many people freak out over reassurance. It's a perk that does it's job, and that's counter camping. Most people I see bring up valid points about it's griefing potential.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224
    Options

Bro what? The first half was just you picking things to complain about. If the killer is walking around an are with 3-4 gens, the killer isn’t right at the hook, so the survivors can unhook. If they don’t, they’re only hurting themselves. The only thing people are valid for complaining is literally holding the survivor hostage. But 99% of the games won’t be like that. Besides that, it counters camping and that’s it. If you leave a teammate on the hook when the killer isn’t right there then you’re only hurting yourself

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,073
    Options

I'm not picking at things to complain about. The perk wouldn't be problematic to situations of defending a 3-4 gen situation with a hooked survivor if reassurance couldn't be stacked in a way to keep a survivor alive permanently. That is the core issue I have with the perk.

I'm all for this perk, but I do not think it should be at a power level where it can literally prevent a survivor from dying on hook. That is no way at all fair for the 1v4. I wish there was an easier way to punish facecamping, but anything that hurts facecamping also ends up hurting legit situations where a killer needs to guard a hook and the legit situations get punished far harder, because facecamping is not really something you do with the intent to win games.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

If I knew people were going to watch family guy funny moments, that would encourage me to grief them knowing they had a fate worse than playing DbD. It is a joke, please no ban me, I am not even going to buy Rebecca.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,727
    Options

I mean, we all have to freak out about SOMEthing. That's just on par for the course.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

It's a bit annoying for endgame cause it just prolongs the match for way to long.

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575
    Options

People have selective memory and believe that camping is even close to be a common occurrence.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,900
    Options

I 100% agree with it deactivating when the gates are powered.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

Not true. 2 survivors can't facecamp you forever, there is a hard cap of 60min :P

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options

Put simply, people don't have a problem with the perk for it's intended use, to stop camping. Most people want that. The issue comes in with how it's actually used. As I started when the perk was first announced, it's easily abused and people are starting to see this.

I knew it was going to have these issues because they've tried this before to stop camping and it was abused back then as well.

And just saying to tab out or DC isn't healthy for the game overall and isn't something Behavior should want.

As much as I would like to stop people from camping, this isn't the way to do it, and is just going to create more problems than it solves.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,173
    Options

It should work on tokens, like 3 tokens, as if you're in a certain range of hook, use a token, the it starts to count down for 30sec.

Either run out of range or out of time, a token is used and gets cool down for 60sec.

But the range should be more forgiving, at least 16m

6m is closer than 2 sides of shack, except killer is afk, no killer just standing there for the perk to work.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

I usually don't camp, so I am actually quite happy about this perk: the whining about camping will hopefully down and if theoretically everyone was running this perk, I would be up against just 12 perks. Hurrah! And don't forget that its got a super short range, so whomever comes to proc it should be somewhat in your reach and in danger of getting attacked.

Also, if they keep someone up on the hook, thats at least 2 people semi out of the game, the hooked survivor and the one running reassurance.

I still think, though, that @Crowman is right and the cooldown should be longer.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

A token system could be good on this perk.

I do not agree with the 16 metres though. I think this perk is made to stop killers from camping. They get a blatant visual indication that the perk was used as well as the Reassurance user has to get with in chasing distance to use it. 16 metres is almost the next zip code in DbD.

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options

I made a post about that too. I think its perfect except that it really should deactivate once the FINAL gen is done, no matter what. Not have the gates open, but once the final gen is done so you can't just get infinite time at that point since the game is finally coming to an end. If he/she wants that kill after 5 gens of face camping, let 'em have it. That's all they'll get, though.

• Vetrathene
    Vetrathene Member Posts: 1,425
    Options

Which is what leads to the exit gates being powered, not open. Just like DS and OTR

• AVoiceOfReason
    AVoiceOfReason Member Posts: 2,723
    Options
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

God I hope this is joke. How desperate are people to defend camping like this just so they can win some games?

It helps the survivor on the hook to survive for longer, so camping killers get punished. It doesn't stop killers from going for other survivors, or defending a 3 or 4 gen close to the hooked survivor. It just helps that hooked survivor to have a bit more of a chance to survive if the killer is also focused on them.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

I'm just surprised amid all the complaints about camping, Kinship was never brought up as an option. Now the devs have created a better version of it. I want to let it play out and see if it stops the camping. No nerf needed yet.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

The thing is that it won't it actually encourages it because how the perk is set up. Remember it notifies the Killer when the hook timer is paused by the perk. That will tell the Killer that there is a Survivor in the area and they will patrol around the Hook.

This then will set up for the part of it that can be abused by Survivors. While the Killer chases the Survivor they will be looped around the hooked Survivor. Here comes Survivor #2 who then uses the perk again to pause the timer. Survivors 1 and 2 will keep going back and forth using the perk while Survivor 4 works on Gens.

The perk itself has a hard cap of 60 mins.....that's just a stupid place to put a hard cap. I have been a part of that so nice 60 min hostage negotiation on both sides when a few Survivors and I tested it out with a Killer using Weaker and we all wanted to do a few tests.

It will need a rework before live servers by either increased cool down or limit how many times it can pause the timer for any one Survivor.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,597
    Options

I don't think that's going to happen. If the killer notices the survivor isn't dying on hook, they'll chase someone else. It's only the logical thing to do. Why you would ever bother to make someone stay on hook for that long when the killer has already left is beyond me. Just take that extra time to do the gens, plan an endgame hook rescue, and execute it.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Sweaty high MMR survivors will stick on gens till the survivor on hook has 5 seconds till they hit 2nd stage then dude runs up to keep him alive for another 30 preventing the killer from punishing gen rushing. Seems super fair and balanced

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

But I will not need to swallow anything or stop relying on crutch techniques. I have a feeling you will be the one crying, fam. But I will not drink your tears. It sounds nasty. I will just grab a cold one while we chill together. I will definitely be face camping you to death with or without this perk. Of that, you can be sure.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,812
    Options

The only complaint I have about the perk at the moment is that the survivor on the hook has absolutely no autonomy. They're not being allowed to participate in the game because they're on the hook, and if they want to die (or need to leave the match or something) they are unable to do so.

If BHVR isn't going to change it so the person on the hook has some way out of the match, then the player should be making lots of Bloodpoints for being forced to stay on that hook. Lots and lots, to make up for the fact that they can neither participate in the match nor leave.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options
  • deckyr
    deckyr Member Posts: 752
    Options

honestly reassurance is hilarious and i hope it comes through untouched. every killer nowadays is just camping the ######### out of the hooks because the gens take so long. it's getting really frustrating, and i personally cannot emotionally invest in any game. the killer will be spirit, or clown, or demogorgon, or literally anyone and the playstyle will be The Same no matter who it is. i'm bored and i don't care. it's time to kill this playstyle once and for all and an extremely aggressive and hilarious counter perk will, by god, see the death of this crap.

killers who are upset about it: go chase people who aren't on the hook

people who say sometimes killers need to camp: if camping is a last resort for you, and it fails, that's too bad. sometimes things go wrong. sometimes you do everything right and it just doesn't work out. F, but get over it.

people who say the survivor on the hook should get to cancel the perk if they want: i agree, actually. :)

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885
    Options

That's what I'm saying the Killer would be looking for the survivor that's around the hook that used the perk because that's how it's going down on the PTB. Since a survivor has the be that close the Killer will look around for the culprit. Then the chase and looping starts.

• syain
    syain Member Posts: 434
    Options

Can't camp anymore 😭

• Kolitra
    Kolitra Member Posts: 61
    Options

Well, i have the best simple solution about an abuse use; make the perk to only be used one time on a hooked survivor, so it can't be prolonged indefinitely. Simple uh ?

Also, i want to point the usual hypocrisy of survivors;

• - Camping is viable ONLY if survs come to help, if a killer camp in early/mid game, don't help and do gens then flee. 1 dead/3 escape.
    • Also, camping at end game is the most legitimate strategy for the killer, if you don't agree, you are an hypocrite, and i saw tons of hypocrites.
    • I killed tons of survivors with my endgame build only because they are stupidly altruistic and it's very fun.
    • This mean, in simple terms that it's a very good point for survs if a killer camp ine early/mid game, it's easier for you to win. And if the killer camp endgame, it's your fault if you sacrifice yourself for trying to help the hooked surv, who i call personnaly "a bait".

Life is simple for pragmatic people.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

In terms of normal gameplay it's a 100% solid perk.

Stops unfair camping and in the cases of where you really need to camp like the end game the extra time doesn't really mean much. Not like you have gens to worry about at that point

The grieving aspect of this perk is what's concerning.

I don't really want the perk weaker cause it does bandaid a pretty big problem

I would put the cooldown on the hook instead of the perk itself. So the survivor is affected by Reasurance for 40 seconds but it only pauses the timer for 30 seconds.

It would even be a buff to it's intended purpose as you could pauze multiple hooks

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,225
    Options

Well a camper who camps for the sake of ruining that one survs game will still camp. The hooked one just suffers longer.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2022
    Options

Just going to say this now I feel bad for whoever gets stuck in the basement with me as bubba and someone decides to use this perk as long as possible and knowing how certain swfs are I can see then not opening the gates just so they could go for a save

When I play basement bubba I don't care about winning as long as I get a kill with the basement hook I'm satisfied and I'm willing to stay down in the basement as long as possible lol

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,117
    Options

This then will set up for the part of it that can be abused by Survivors. While the Killer chases the Survivor they will be looped around the hooked Survivor. Here comes Survivor #2 who then uses the perk again to pause the timer. Survivors 1 and 2 will keep going back and forth using the perk while Survivor 4 works on Gens.

Maaassive skill issue if you get looped around the hook. You should get that runner down, and at that point, you have two dying survivors in one spot, and one survivor running in to stall the game without helping his team, so that's, at max, one survivor on gens.

Survivors are barely making progress and you've got one dying and one on hook, with another right next to you. If you can't win from this spot, accept the loss.

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 385
    Options

I really hope this perk doesn’t result in slugging becoming more meta.