Reward for Devotion?

Options

I am here to express my general anger towards this whole player level situation. I've found myself constantly wanting to get my player level higher, but it just dawned on me that there's absolutely no benefit to doing so in the long run. Obviously I can't prevent it, but the whole concept just seems rather lackluster to me now and I could care less about it.

**Let me better explain myself: **
I'm currently level 38. It takes me 3,750 XP to progress to the next level until level 49 where it starts taking 4,200 XP to progress to the next level and continues to remain at that number until you hit level 100. That being said, the shard payout is 300 shards until you hit 100 and you automatically get reset back to player devotion 1, level 1. You get absolutely no reward for reaching these higher levels and you get no reward for devoting yourself, either. Once you have a Devotion level, you get no extra shards for having that 'devotion'.

A guide on steam tells me that by the end of the 100 levels, you will have gotten 353,370 XP (dasmaffmaffs guide on steam) and only gained 25,270 shards. Barely just enough to buy one of the more expensive items from the store.

MY QUESTION IS: WHY ON EARTH IS THERE NO REWARD FOR HAVING DEVOTION POINTS?

Like 10% increase in shards for one devotion point, or even 5%. I don't care but just give players something? Is it just laziness that all the higher levels are the same XP to progress and the same shard payout for progressing? Did you get tired of converting XP:shards?

I'm probably the only one triggered by this lmaooo

dasmaffmaff's guide on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1411397835

Comments

• Dav105
    Dav105 Member Posts: 73
    Options

The leveling system literally came out on the latest big patch. Like, I agree with you that it needs a better rewards system but I'm pretty sure the dev team also know that. The only reason why it's still not implemented is probably because they have to focus on rebalancing perks, fixing bugs, adding new killer/survivor/map, adding new cosmetics to the store.. All of which leaves a small gap for new things. I'm sure your concerns are aligned with the dev team.
    Like it's good to give your own opinions and suggestions for the new devotion system but you shouldn't be angry at the dev team for not having implemented anything like that yet. Give them time to sort out other stuff too. :)

• Vadim239
    Vadim239 Member Posts: 217
    Options

I understand that. But they've been rebalancing, fixing for 2 years now, and they will continue. It shouldn't be hard to give 100 shards everytime you get a devotion (100 lvl)

• Vadim239
    Options

I am just afraid they will start giving rewards from any level you are now. not considering the devotion levels that you already have

• Dav105
    Dav105 Member Posts: 73
    Options

They've done so much more than what you're saying. Just in the latest patch they added a map/killer/survivor, a new cosmetics shop (which is a huge deal), a leveling system and other minimal stuff.. To implement something into a game, you gotta plan it out, get the concept approved, then you gotta implement it into the game and if you're lucky, the bugs that it creates doesn't mess up older content. I might be exaggerating a little but come on dude they did a good job last patch. We gotta give them some breathing space.

• Vadim239
    Options

Did I say "they don't do anything"? With rank rewards they had time. They could find a little bit of time to do smth about the rank rewards during the time the rank system exists. and that is almost 2 years.

• Vadim239
    Options

At least make it so other survivors could see your devotion level. Otherwise why do we have this level if there is nothin behind it, just a count, which cannot be shown to anyone.

• Vadim239
    edited November 2018
    Options

How about this.
    When you reach the 1st devotion - entity gives you 50 000 BP,
    for the 2nd devotion - 100 000 BP,
    for the 3rd devotion - 150 000 BP,
    for the 4th devotion - 200 000 BP,
    for the 5th devotion - 250 000 BP,
    for the 6th devotion - 300 000 BP
    for the 7th devotion - 350 000 BP,
    for the 8th devotion - 400 000 BP,
    for the 9th devotion - 450 000 BP,
    for the 10th devotion - 500 000 BP, (the highest BP reward)
    for the 11th devotion - 500 000 BP, (the highest BP reward)
    for the 12th devotion - 500 000 BP, (the highest BP reward)

or probably even up to a million on the 20th devotion and so forth.?

• Vadim239
    Options

This is a more moderate version. But give us something to look forward to. There is nothing.
    There's no point playing your game in long term. You don't give anything in turn.

When you reach the 1st devotion - entity gives you 50 000 BP,
    for the 2nd devotion - 25 000 BP,
    for the 3rd devotion - 50 000 BP,
    for the 4th devotion - 75 000 BP,
    for the 5th devotion - 100 000 BP,
    for the 6th devotion - 125 000 BP
    for the 7th devotion - 150 000 BP,
    for the 8th devotion - 175 000 BP,
    for the 9th devotion - 200 000 BP,
    for the 10th devotion - 225 000 BP,
    for the 11th devotion - 250 000 BP,
    for the 12th devotion - 275 000 BP,
    for the 13th devotion - 300 000 BP,
    for the 14th devotion - 325 000 BP,
    for the 15th devotion - 350 000 BP,
    for the 16th devotion - 375 000 BP,
    for the 17th devotion - 400 000 BP
    for the 18th devotion - 425 000 BP,
    for the 19th devotion - 450 000 BP,
    for the 20th devotion - 475 000 BP,
    for the 21th devotion - 500 000 BP,
    for the 22th devotion - 525 000 BP,
    for the 23th devotion - 550 000 BP,
    etc. up to a million.

• Vadim239
    edited December 2018
    Options

@MisterTIBS said:
    Would prefer something along the lines of either cosmetics in the store being restricted to minimum devotion levels, or some sort of discount multiplier.
    If you're playing regularly enough so your devotion is higher than average then chances are BP isn't really much to write home about anyway - nice to have a million to throw into a prestige or whatever but it's temporary and 1m can be got in 10-20 games as killer (less if using Streamers etc, ofc.)

That's a very good idea. I like that. Cosmetics given after reaching a certain level of devotion.
    something like that? Like a prestige thing?
    When you reach the 10th devotion - some clothing cosmetics
    When you reach the 20th devotion - some clothing cosmetics

• borna_lk
    borna_lk Member Posts: 124
    Options
    It’s just laziness and cheapness. There’s no Benifet for them to give more than they have for them, their store is built around money but giving enough to keep us calm. I’m not rlly mad about it cause in the time I’ve played, I’ve managed to get clown, spirit, Adam, Kate, and 5 7200 iridescent shard items and 1 900 one. Considering that’s all free, it ain’t that bad. But then again I’d like something even small for devotions just as a bonus (example. 1000 bonus shards when u pass devotions)
  • Vadim239
    Options

@borna_lk said:
    It’s just laziness and cheapness. There’s no Benifet for them to give more than they have for them, their store is built around money but giving enough to keep us calm. I’m not rlly mad about it cause in the time I’ve played, I’ve managed to get clown, spirit, Adam, Kate, and 5 7200 iridescent shard items and 1 900 one. Considering that’s all free, it ain’t that bad. But then again I’d like something even small for devotions just as a bonus (example. 1000 bonus shards when u pass devotions)

Yeah. At least that.

• LordziPL
    LordziPL Member Posts: 590
    edited December 2018
    Options

Devotion should x2 your all rewards from previous levels. If you don't understand I explain.

Example - For 99 levels you receive 300 shards. 100 level (devotion) give you 600 :) What do you think.

EDIT: 2nd proposition
    Devotion INCREASE YOUR ACTUAL SHARD YOU GOT x2 or x3.

If you got 1000
    Devotion give you 1000 (2000) or 2000 (3000)

• Rothul
    Rothul Member Posts: 72
    Options

They should add some recolored legacy cosmetics. Like green or blue for example

• Vadim239
    edited June 2019
    Options

I want this DEVOTION to be renamed into NONSENSE levels. 😄 It will at least be funny. 🗝️ "You have reached the level of NONSENSE 8. ⚔️ Please choose the reward for leveling up: Nothing or Nothing?

• Vadim239
    Options
  • Jdsgames
    Jdsgames Member Posts: 1,109
    Options

No, instead of 'charms' we could have gotten the aura type trails like the one event had when you were holding a lantern. Each devotion set gets you a different type/color. would be basic to make alternate versions (Color Particles in the engine are really easy to change.) The only work would be implementing the trail designs initially.

• Vadim239
    edited June 2019
    Options

That is a very fun and cool idea. I just want anything for the reward now. I've almost finished the 7th devotion level, and it doesn't make any difference. If you have the 1st devotion level, or 7th. Grinding and levelling up is not rewarded.

• MrCandyKiller
    MrCandyKiller Member Posts: 41
    Options

I think that it would be cool if for every Devotion level you would get for example 5k shards to spend on perks or skins, it's up to you which one. Maybe after Devotion 10 you would get an exclusive skin?

• Vadim239
    Options

Yeah. It's not too much, and quite easy to do for the devs. And it would give players some perspective to move on.

• THUNDER3000
    THUNDER3000 Member Posts: 2
    Options

And here we are more than a year after the discussion started and nothing happened yet.

• lazerlight
    lazerlight Member Posts: 353
    Options

@Peanits @mandyfbaby89 @not_Queen @gc1ceo

Hiii, hello. Thoughts?

• Vadim239
    Options

Too many thoughts written here but probably not enough for the devs to do something about this. I guess for them it is not so important.

• PrincessPoop
    PrincessPoop Member Posts: 919
    Options

Maybe they will implement this when the archive come. One can hope at least.

• Lametart
    Lametart Member Posts: 118
    Options

Yes pleeeaaassee we need more rewarrddss!!!

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227
    Options

Probably never gonna happen but it needs to.

• Vadim239
    Options

I BET THEY DON'T CHANGE DEVOTION TILL SUMMER 2020. LET'S BET!

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I think devotion should have a bonus reward, I mean, it takes 500+ games to reach it.

The iridescent shard gain is really not worth it either... Luckily you don't have to do anything extra to earn player exp *shrug

• Vadim239
    Options

SOON GUYS. I BELIEVE IT WILL HAPPEN VERY SOON

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

I'd honestly like to see Rank Rewards first.

I mean, it has only been 3+ years since release. Should happen soon, right?

• Vadim239
    Options

I think they told in the 3rd Anniversary stream that ranking system will change, and I guess It was planned like this autumn or winter. So it should be very soon probably.

• Vadim239
    edited October 2019
    Options

I hope new ranking system implicates rewards for reaching 1st rank as well.

• Sunri
    Sunri Member Posts: 100
    Options

More shards pls