Who do you want to be the next licensed killer.

Options
BigboiLevi
BigboiLevi Member Posts: 17
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

Yes there is a new killer coming. But who do you absolutely want to be the next licensed killer.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Chucky with voice lines (not the Mark Hamill one, the OG)

• Veinslay
    Options

Like imagine if Chucky reacted like this whenever he got DSed or Head On lol

:30

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,200
    Options

I'd love some horror comics rep, or just comics in general. Someone like Scarecrow would work from mainline DC, for example.

Quick, someone think of a good associated killer that'd bring us old school classic Vertigo label John Constantine as as a survivor...

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

Walter Sullivan from Silent Hill 4.

• MrJack20252
    MrJack20252 Member Posts: 386
    edited August 2022
    Options

Ngl i would like to see Homelander in future. an omnipotent psycho with almost limitless powers and a murderous fury matched only by his might. He is scary and could be a really nice addition in dead by daylight.

Edit: and we already have his P6 cosmetic kekw

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224
    edited August 2022
    Options

Alien Ripley

The Thing

Sarah Connor Terminator

Conan and James Earl Jones

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,570
    Options

Tallman from Phantasm when?

• Veinslay
    edited August 2022
    Options

I don't know about you, but I'd also like a Butcher legendary skin from SH: Origins

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    edited August 2022
    Options

You know, we haven't had a vampire yet...

Come to think of it, Kira and Killer Queen would be interesting too. He is a serial killer, after all, and having a killer with explosion abilities sounds awesome.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    edited August 2022
    Options

Jacket from Hotline Miami or the killer from Persona 4.

Realisitically speaking predator is probably my most desired mainstream franchise.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,109
    edited August 2022
    Options
    1. Sephiroth
    2. The Gentleman from Buffy
    3. Praetorian Predalien
  • Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

This is true.

Somehow, I don't think The World would translate well.

But it would still be cool to hear him say, "Za Warudo! Toki wo tomare!"

• Slingshot47
    Slingshot47 Member Posts: 155
    Options

Part 1 Dio Brando could still work well. Phantom Blood already carried a lot of gothic horror themes in it, and his appearance would be more in-line with DBD.

Just imagining, though.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,559
    Options

Yes.

He was more or less a vampire in Part 1 and I do think that would transfer well.

• ausanimal
    ausanimal Member Posts: 542
    Options

You get my vote Sephiroth and cloud would be interesting on how they would set them up in this game, you could pick another person for the survivor but cloud just fits it to well and the whole lore behind it could even do aeris as a second survivor.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,163
    Options

Vampire type of killer, both male and female. Not Dracula since it kinda ties the character to his lore and outfits and stuff but original vampire so they can make it both male and female and make outfits as they please.

Jason would be nice addition too if we think of licensed killers.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,979
    Options

As always, Xenomorph.

• SonicOffline
    SonicOffline Member Posts: 915
    Options

As long as it isn't FNAF related I think I'm ok with basically everything. I think it'd be neat to see Xenomorphs, or like, a corrupted Tarzan that would accomplish a similar effect. Necromorphs would be lit too.

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181
    Options

Chucky and Tall Man

Chucky would be great as a low terror radius, small, stealthy killer

Tallman would be something like pinhead

Pumpkinhead too!

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options
  • IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,997
    Options

I want Goosebumps rep

• Dhurl421
    Dhurl421 Member Posts: 154
    edited August 2022
    Options

I just want an Alan Wake chapter, but the Killer would be difficult since there aren't many stand-outs in the IP. My best idea would be the Tele-Flanker, who would have a fast movement speed mechanic like in game, but give them the ability to throw hatchets like the regular Flanker, and they could be a mix between Wraith/Spirit and Huntress.

Some changes to the movement speed and hatchet mechanics would be necessary for balance among similar killers though. Maybe speed movement as fast as/close to Wraith/Spirit, but no M1, requiring accurate hatchet shots instead. I'm just making excuses to get Alan Wake in game tbh.

• HypnoEmpire
    HypnoEmpire Member Posts: 29
    Options

I've been hoping to see a Bioshock chapter for years. And while drilling survivors as a Big Daddy sounds fun, I think an underwater map with Bioshock's atmosphere would be amazing in this game.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,910
    edited August 2022
    Options

This, very much. Complete with ghosts as an AI power that weakens survivors as they chase. Maybe known as "The Orphan"

But, if I'm to make a realistic guess, and the rumours of a licensed knight are true, I reckon the next killer shall be from "For Honor".

And finally, if I'm looking for an unlikely killer, I'd say one of the many enemies from "The Magnus Archives", such as Jane Prentiss (The Hive), Jared Hopworth (The Boneturner), Nikola Orsinov (The Stranger) and Michael (The Distortion)

• Cameragosha
    Cameragosha Member Posts: 630
    edited August 2022
    Options

Thanos with infinity gauntlet.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,779
    Options

Pipe dream if we ever get a walking dead chapter

negan would it be too similar with the whole bat concept? probably

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

My top picks for licenses are probably (in no particular order)

• Supernatural chapter (Winchsters and probably a Demon who can posses survivors briefly as the killer)
    • The Thing - Arctic base as the map, McReady as the survivor, and The Thing as the shapeshifting killer. (Probably would have two forms, one an Undetectable human form that moves like a survivor and can maybe sabotage generators and props, and a tentacled monster when directly chasing and attacking)
    • It - Pennywise and the Derry sewers as the map, or part of the town itself at night. There have been some near concept pieces for Pennywise in DbD so this one could be great if it ever happens. 🙂
    • Phantasm - The Tall Man, aka the Pinball Wizard, as the killer and his mortuary as the map. Not as well known as some others but a real underdog classic horror movie with a killer that would definitely fit the game to a tee!
    • Jaws or Tremors - I know, Jaws is the joke entry, but I would unironically buy that chapter instantly if it meant jump out from the water or ground to snap at survivors. 😄 Or if you want a “landshark” version go with Tremors
    • Final Destination - This one is my pipedream entry that’ll never happen. You would play as an invisible avatar of Death and manipulate the environment and props to damage and kill the survivors. Mechanically it would be a nightmare to develop but, man, if they figured out how to do it I could imagine that sort of things being really fun and unique.
    • The Shining - More as a map pack than for the killer (Jack’s just a guy with an axe). But the hotel and topiary maze could make for really cool maps!
    • Event Horizon - One of my favorite horror movies of all time, the ship could be a really cool map.
    • Alien - Nuff said, lots of people would go wild for an Alien chapter if it ever happened.
    • American Horror Story - It feels like there should be something from this series that fits the game, but since every season is very different it’s hard to narrow down what specifically should be in the chapter, other than maybe The Gimp being the killer since he’s in I think all the seasons? 🤷‍♂️
    • Scarecrow - Of all the comic book characters Scarecrow from Batman is the one I think would be the most fun who also really fits the horror motif. I can picture his ability basically being kind of like a cross between Clown and Doctor where he gasses survivors and they have bizarre hallucinations. It could even have fun bits where certain parts of the environment change or illusions are added based on the realm, like evil Scarecrows hanging in the cornfields. I suspect thought his is a video game license that’s almost impossible to get for DbD so oh well, can’t have everything!
    • It Follows - Part of me thinks it would be terrible as a video game, but part of me hopes it would be really interesting if they could figure out a way to make a slow moving but very hard to detect killer fun to play. Scratched Mirror Meyers is already one of my favorites, this would be a bit like that but even slower and more invisible.
  • JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

The First of the Fallen, basically vertigo's Satan, cast into the pit before Lucifer even fell from grace. Cured Constantine of cancer before John tricked him to save his own soul The First pledged to destroy Constantine. Fitting better with DbD lore they could do a lesser demon or deacon of hell for the killer.

Other comic licenses that could be cool would be 30 Days of Night, Nailbiter, Revival, American Vampire, or Wytches. Books like Nailbiter and Revival would theoretically be easier to get licensing for since they're published through Image comics which is technically and indie publisher where the creators hold the rights to their books instead of Vertigo (which is now DC Black Label), Dark Horse, or any Marvel properties (with the exception of Icon which is creator owned but currently dormant)

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

For me it’s a tie between Chucky and Pennywise.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

The Xenomorph

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,570
    edited August 2022
    Options

I highly recommend checking out the Phantasm franchise if you get the chance, it's personally one of my favorite ones. I made another thread about phantasm and how the license is up for grab if we wish to see it get into dbd.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/326524/dbd-should-do-a-collaboration-with-phantasm

Post edited by Smoe on
  • Chaellooo
    Chaellooo Member Posts: 106
    Options

If stranger things comes back according to the leaks, then I want Vecna

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,779
    Options

if they ever do supernatural I really hope they get Jensen and Jared to voice them hopefully they wouldn't be completely done with the characters

• Basement_Bubba420
    Basement_Bubba420 Member Posts: 397
    Options

Plankton with Spongebob and Patrick as survivors.

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    edited August 2022
    Options

GWAR

• TerminatorGuy
    TerminatorGuy Member Posts: 434
    Options

A necromorph from Dead Space

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

The usual suspects: Jason, Pennywise, the Xenomorph.

I'd also like to see Robert Englund's Freey replace the current one.

But Jason really feels like an essential missing piece to me.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

I've wanted Alien Chapter back in the day, but then I've found certain videos and YouTubers on YouTube carefully explaining the situation, and why we won't be able to get Xenomorph and the legendary Ripley as a Chapter into the game.

It's either too expensive or BHVR won't be able to negotitate the necessary contract with them.

So, I've changed my prefered Chapter to Underworld. You know, that franchise of fantasy action horror movies, featuring quite famous actors and actresses, like Kate Beckinsale, for example. What's more, we could finally get a werewolf into the game - Something that the community has been asking for for years!

Well, unfortunately, I do have some real doubts about them being able to obtain the rights, and even if they were to get the rights, I do doubt that they'd make the survivor Selene (legendary outfit sets being Sonja, Victor, etcetera) and the killer William (legendary outfits with him being chained, etcetera).

Besides that, I have no other Chapter that I'd welcome in Dead by Daylight, to be honest.

Like, I do understand people wanting.. How's it called, Pennywise, or is it Chucky? But, come on. Can't you see, how annoying Vic and Charlotte are? They're one of the most annoying killers to play as and face, yet, you do wanna another clown like Pennywise? Yikes, I just don't get the way people do think sometimes.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Chucky I agree about; I can't see any way to bring him in that wouldn't be problematic or ridiculous.

Pennywise however would function completely differently than the Clown, as he would be very much supernatural. So I don't think that would be redundant at all.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

i lean more towards the incubus, if nothing else just because i want harry mason as a survivor

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 611
    Options

Terminator, predator, other mother from Coraline.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

My answer will always be the xenomorph and if they give it a blighted skin I would want it to be a blighted praetorian(the species of xenomorph seen below)

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252
    Options

terry akers pls

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    edited August 2022
    Options

I would rather the survivor be Jonathan with a legendary speedwagon skin so we can have dio say goodbye jojo in his mori lol

But I agree dio would make a awesome killer

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

a killer from Doctor Who

The Terminator

Predator

just to name a few.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Options

I like it. I mean we already got an AoT crossover, why not Final Fantasy?

• Nun_So_Vile
    edited August 2022
    Options

Scarecrow is easily one of my favorite Batman villians, but for some reason Scarecrow from the 2002 film was the first thing that popped in my head. Movies were kinda meh but a good way to kill a few hours.

This discussion has been closed.