Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Who do you want to be the next licensed killer.

2»

Comments

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

Imhotep from The Mummy

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Yeah definitely Xenomorph.

Other than that though, still holding out hope for Charlie from Don’t Starve Together.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Fnaf.

Gimme ennard pls.

• Mooks

Like, I do understand people wanting.. How's it called, Pennywise, or is it Chucky? But, come on. Can't you see, how annoying Vic and Charlotte are? They're one of the most annoying killers to play as and face, yet, you do wanna another clown like Pennywise? Yikes, I just don't get the way people do think sometimes.

uhm. Are you actually confusing Chucky and Pennywise?

Chucky could work fundamentally different to the Twins anyways. And Pennywise would have anything common with the Clown..

yikes.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

I’d love to see a second ST chapter with Vecna as the killer.

• TheDarkTyrant
    TheDarkTyrant Member Posts: 2,074

Nemesis and Wesker

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,303

plz make happen

• TarunCosmo
    TarunCosmo Member Posts: 181

I'm throwing this out there, because it will be unique.

A Graboid, from Tremors.

Tier I

Worm

Survivors are exposed

Basically Spirits phase walk, can't see anything, underground, but you hear/see running. Single attack lunge, consumes survivor, and poops them out in sticky sludge and put in a dying state. No Hooks. Sticky sludge must be removed by other survivor. Consuming 2 survivors goes to Cocoon phase for 15 seconds then Tier 2.

Secondary Attack: Place a tentacle trap, be a mound of dirt tough to see. Once stepped on same odds as trapper traps to become unstuck. Gives constant alert to where survivor is located with aura reading.

Tier 2

Shrieker

Infrared vision, able to see survivor auras through everything but walls. Unable to hear missed skillchecks. After 6 successful basic attacks move to tier 3.

Secondary Attack: Shriek, works like Doctors power

Tier 3

Ass Blaster

Same as tier 2.

Secondary Attack: Spit fireballs, 3 tokens, rechargable after successful basic attacks.

Special Ability: Blast off, fart lunge, longer and higher than demo's lunge. Uncontrollable. Might create some great space billy spots.

Add-ons can start in certain tiers, blah blah blah...

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Yes, I am.

The first time I've heard about Chucky and Pennywise was in late 2020. I have taken a look at how do they look, and they don't really look like characters fitting the horror theme or atmosphere by me.

I have also noticed that the overwhelming majority of people wanting Pennywise or Chucky do live in North America; As if those characters weren't popular in Europe whatsoever.

• Mooks

so you literally have no clue whatsoever and are just making assumptions, gotcha.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145
    edited August 2022

Judge Death, from Judge Dredd. The appearances where he and the other Dark Judges are played for straight horror (Necropolis, Fall of Deadworld) are utterly chilling, and the possibilities for a Deadworld / Necropolis Mega-City One map are amazing.

Beyond that, I always cast a vote for Candyman. There's just so much ability and perk design space in the character (bees, injustice, the self-perpetuating urban legend, the mantle held by multiple men over history) and more potential for a really cool map design with the apartment block / shrine / massive bonfire sets of the movie.

• NerfedFreddy
    NerfedFreddy Member Posts: 394

my vote

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 563

Chucky (always chucky & I think he's a near dead cert at some point)

Would love scream queens & emma Roberts, could have the red devil with the s2 swamp killer skin. (Probably can't give the devil its chainsaw or lawnmower though sadly)

Wouldn't mind predator or alien (more so predator but I can't see them getting Arnie as a survivor personally)

Jason will surely happen at some point & honestly can't really say I'm that interested in most others & I'm a huge horror movie / book / game guy.

Maybe i know what you did last summer for Jennifer love Hewitt but the killer Wouldn't be anything special.

So pretty much just give me chucky as my forever killer main & Emma roberts who is probably the only survivor who could topple meg as my main. probably not but she'd definitely be second pushing kate to 3rd Ace to 4th feng to 5th & yun jin out of the top 5 to 6th (rest of my current top 10 for that 1 person that might be interested is 6th Nea, 7th Nancy, 8th Mikaela, 9th dwight 10th Adam)

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

Annabelle

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,278

An xenomorph

• Man_of_triangles
    Man_of_triangles Member Posts: 302

The Thing. It would probably have to focus more on a hidden infection mechanic than an impersonation mechanic in order to work and not be the worst killer in the game, however.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 439

Pretty much; I have based my opinion on their designs, what I can see when I watch cutscenes of them.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 938

Alien for sure.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

A large Krite from critters

That can roll for speed boost, and shoot lil darts that apply hindered effect.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,934

Vecna

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

The predator and Arnold for survivor. Jungle map, yes?

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438
    edited August 2022

Technically these are public domain now, so they wouldn't need a license, but we are sorely lacking on werewolves, undead monsters, and vampires and lovecraftian horrors (although dredge is pretty lovecraftian in some ways, but i mean something actually from lovecraft)

• Wolfman
    • Dracula
    • Frankenstein
    • Anything Lovecraft

For actual licenses:

• Alien
    • Pennywise (It)
    • The Predator
    • The Terminator (doesn't have to be arnold, could be the skinless/robot version)
    • Eugene Victor Coombs (X-files)
    • I-Robot
    • I am Legend
    • Big Daddy (Bioshock)

If they wanted to go the anime route:

• Berserk
    • Hellsing (could make for a good chapter involving vampires)
    • Higurashi: When they cry (could make for a good "little girl" killer that looks innocent but is pure evil)
    • Blood+/Blood C
    • Elfen Lied

Non-Licensed things that would be cool:

• Some kind of robot killer
    • Some kind of Artificial Intelligence.
    • Anything Vampire
    • Creepy child killer (something that looks innocent but is actually the most bloodthirsty monster ever)

• pseudechis

People keep talking about it but it would never work.

The limitations of DBD don't lend themselves to a xenomorph killer.

Just play the xenomorph campaign in AVP, you couldn't hope to capture the feel of an alien that can run up and along any surface in the single plane DBD chase. If they could they'd render all walls and obstacles moot.

• Mooks

people keep saying this but we still did get Demogorgon and Freddy. Both aren’t really accurate to their original franchise and their abilities are super limited but they still work in this game.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

Rubik from Evil within

• AshyBashy
    AshyBashy Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2022

A Xenomorph from Alien. This is pretty self explanatory, Alien is a huge franchise in the Sci-Fi and Horror genre. It'd be perfect for the game, and would probably be pretty terrifying in the game if Alien: Isolation is anything to go by.

Now another killer I'd love to see, though basically impossible, is Jason Voorhees. Arguably the most popular horror slasher ever, it feels something is missing without him in it while other horror legends like Myers, Freddy and Bubba are. It shows how popular he is when the first killer was basically just a Jason wannabee (Sorry, Trapper). Some say he'd be just a Trapper clone, with some others saying he'd be better off as just a Legendary skin for Trapper, but I personally think there's a lot more to him than just traps and whatnot, and there's quite a few possibilities for his power. I'm surprised more people don't want THE Slasher in this game. Halloween or TCM may have started the slasher genre, but Friday certainly popularised it, not to undermine those two movies though. Jason is probably never going to happen with a lawsuit that killed HIS own game, but it'd be cool to see.

And, here's something more realistic, any Evil Dead killer. So many characters from Evil Dead could fit, Baal, Eligos, Ruby, maybe even Evil Ash. There are way more possibilities, but going by strictly AvED as that's the IP in the game, those are the few I could think of. With the next killer rumored to be a knight of some sort, it's certainly plausible it could be Evil Ash from Army of Darkness. THAT would be really cool.

I'd also love for Demo to be added back to the game if that counts. He looks really fun, and being a fan of ST, I'm really disappointed I missed both Demo and Steve & Nancy. Man I really hope the rumor of them coming back is true.

• AshInTheTallGrass
    AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,670

Tremors is one of my favorite movies lol I'd be interested in having a really well-executed Graboid Killer. But I'd need Val as a Survivor. Earl and Burt could be the other, or a skin.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

I know it's a take that is beaten to death and people are sick of it but... Springtrap? 👉️👈️

He would be my number 1 but since people despise that one I'll toss in a few others. (Any fnaf rep would make me happy)

Xenomorph and Ripley from Alien

Pennywise and Richie from IT 2

T-800 and Sarah Conner from Terminator (It's not lost on me that Terminator is more of a thriller-action franchise than horror but they added Attack on Titan so whatever)

Jason

The Witch and Coach from Left 4 Dead 2

Big Daddy and Jack from Bioshock (Maybe Booker as a skin for Jack?)

Bitores Mendez and Ashley Graham from Resident Evil 4 (Would be a fun as something that releases alongside the RE4 remake)

Lady Dimitrescu and Ethan from Resident Evil Village

I'd love a Scooby Doo crossover but probably not in the form of a DLC. More like the Attack on Titan crossover with skins and maybe a map. All 4 of the human members of the Mystery Gang as skins for survivors and like 2 or 3 skins of iconic Scooby Doo villains for killers.

Jeff and Alyx Vance from Half Life: Alyx

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845

FYI, the lawsuit for Friday the 13th has been over for a while now, but don't expect Jason to be up for grabs immediately, maybe in 2-3 years from now would my guess be.

• pseudechis

Yeah but Freddy is still just a human and while there is a surrealism that encompasses a dream setting, he also works as a person running around.

Demo moves through the upside down in a limited kind of teleport which keeps some of his theme intact. The Demogorgon is hardly as iconic as a xenomorph is though.

The movement and experience of a xenomorph has been encapsulated in other games that gave them a free range of the full 3d world.

To pull that back into a 2D plane and say now have a DBD chase would be so underwhelming I hope they never do it.

• HNTR_Green
    HNTR_Green Member Posts: 30

The Xenomorph (make it like the Big Chap from the original Alien) with Ripley as the survivor and the Nostromo as the map.

Pumpkinhead with Lance Hendricks' character as the survivor and the wooded area with the burnt down chapel as the map

The T-800 (metal skeletal body primary with Arnold as a Legendary skin) and Sarah Conner as the survivor. Maybe the factory from the end of The Terminator as the map.

The Thing with McReady as the Survivor, the map being the Antarctic base. The power for The Thing could be a transformation where it copies the appearance of the last survivor it touched with its power.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,209

I'd kinda like a Candyman chapter, where both the killer and survivor are Anthony. Legendary skin for Tony Todd's version of course.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Definitely

A) Xenomorph and Ripley from Alien

And

B) The Keeper and Sebastian from The Evil Within

• patwas
    patwas Member Posts: 13

Endless hunting provided by Entity? Every predator would gladly join :). After a recent succes of a Prey movie I'm even more hyped for a Predator in DBD. Since the first licensed killer I always thought predator is a obvious no-brain candidate for the game. Plenty possibilities how BHVR could introduce him into DBD. He could be a stealth killer with invisibility, he could be M1 killer with some traps. Damn, they could even make him a range killer with his plasma caster. Or maybe a balanced mix of some of these? Why not.

I really think this game lacks a bit of high-tech killers. Predator can fill that gap.

And whatever variation of weapons / skills predator would have I'd LOVE him to have his legendary thermal vision with it's phenomenal sound FX from the movies.

As a fun bonus just add Xenomoprh skins for the survivors to the store :D.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,609

Given how unlikely it'll translate to the game, anything I don't care about. (It's a pretty short list. FNAF maybe? They can ruin it as much as they want for all I care)

• leatherfav88
    leatherfav88 Member Posts: 209

Fiona from ahs. fight me

• Unknown2765

If this could work with out hes horse :D

• Unknown2765

I could actually see the Demo as a good template for this, instead of shred you have tail attack.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Chucky no doubt

Preferably the original one but i would even take robochucky

This discussion has been closed.