Iron Maiden is misleading

pemberley
pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
By the description it makes it sound like you can see a survivor aura like bbq and nurses, but it ends up looking like rancor and it seems like only Doc and Huntress...maybe Nurse could actually get use out of it (because any other killer who would use it would not get there in time before the survivor makes themselves scarce.) 

It was kind of disappointing when I tried to use it in an exposed piggy build. 

Comments

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

This is on you as it states location, just like Rancor does and Bitter Murmur.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

This is on you as it states location, just like Rancor does and Bitter Murmur.

Bitter Murmer reveals Auras.
  • GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    edited January 2019

To be honest Doc and Huntress are the only ones that can try and get use out of it but it's garbage either way.

If expose worked on Hatchets The Huntress might get value but she's too slow for the expose to get any value so the reload speed is all she gets value from.

Unless the person exiting the locker is stupid enough to do it under your nose, no way you're getting that hit anyway.

It should show people entering the locker as well.

Either way it's not really a perk worth taking.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Same could be said about Rancor's visual effect.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Has anybody been hit by this, seriously I have never seen anybody activate it more than once.
  • TrAiNwReCk
    TrAiNwReCk Member Posts: 246

A little off topic, but I wonder why they have two distinctive ways to reveal survivors. I will say auras are much more useful, so why have the one only reveal locations . . for balance? Who knows.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@DemonDaddy said:
    Has anybody been hit by this, seriously I have never seen anybody activate it more than once.

It's good for Doctor and Huntress because they're the only two Killers who interact with Lockers.

• DemonDaddy
    @TigerKirby215
    Yeah it pairs well with them, but I meant I have never seen it be effective. I have never seen anybody prompt it more than once. After it goes off once it becomes a dead slot. Where are all the foolish survivors at?
  • Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

one simple change would make this perk amazing: Don't tell survivors when they've been affected by it, unless they get downed by the exposed. Yet another perk where survivor knowledge is the biggest counter, and its given free of charge.

• NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Okay, tbh, I forget I have this perk on like Michael or Hag.
  • HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

The perk sucks, the Exposed needs to be taken out or increased. Once someone uses a locker they won't do it again because they're Exposed and the Exposed is too short then Perk becomes useless.

• DemonDaddy
    Precisely my point. Even a noob doesn't prompt this more than once and if someone does it is usually swf spamming for a distraction. The perk sounds great but incorporates poorly within an actual match.
  • EvilBarney666
    EvilBarney666 Member Posts: 334
    At least the band is much better. I can listen to Iron Maiden all day. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I think the Exposed effect could last a bit longer. 15 is a bit too short. I think it's to counter the locker buffs, maybe, but I've never seen it actually used successfully.

• ChaosMaster130
    ChaosMaster130 Member Posts: 24

Not sure how OP this idea I have is.
    But I would change Iron Maiden into a 'Whispers' for lockers, if someone within ##/##/## range is inside a locker, you hear an special audio sound (like whispers, but a different sound, maybe some muffled legion laughing/chuckling?) and if you get within 4-6 meters from the locker they are in, it could show the legion frenzy icon (the one that appears over survivors that don't have deep wound after they hit someone with frenzy) over the locker, or the legion laughing could increase in intensity hot'n'cold style.

It gives no notification to the survivors that you have it, so unless they notice how you keep getting locker grabs, they won't know it's in play.

Just an idea I had knocking around in my head anyway.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    At first I thought you could see if a survivor is inside a locker and when he exits he gets exposed.

But no, you get the notification when a survivor leaves the locker and is then exposed for 3s. If you are not near only high mobility killers can take advantage of it (Nurse and Spirit with add-ons)

Reload Bunny is the only viable use in my eyes, because if you are near a survivor who is inside a locker, he is mostly grabbed and down anyway.
  • PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    I think the Exposed effect is just there so that the Survivors have a way to tell the Killer is running it. Without a kind of status effect, Survivors wouldnt know about it. So, they chose a 15-second-long Exposed effect, meaning the least game changing status effect.
  • Plu
    Plu Member Posts: 1,456

I don't know how it's misleading, it says location, not aura, the wording is very specific.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

I wouldn't say misleading it does what it says on the tin.

Useless is a better term.

It did show auras early on but they nerfed the perk no one was really using.

With the exception of billy and the nurse most killers unless they come out the locker in front of the killer won't be able to capitalise on it due to mobility constraints.

And on The Huntress exposed effect does not work on the hatchets and the reload speed increase can't justify a perk slot it's basically an addon.