Unrelenting, Insidious, Monstrous Shrine, Thrill of the Hunt Buff Suggestions.

Options

Hey all. This is sort of a 2.0 of a suggestion/discussion I had some months ago. I previously had Surveillance among the buff suggestions but threw that out the window in light of the recent rework (Which is WAY better than what I had in mind tbh.) but here are a few suggestions for other "meh" perks for the killers. Not sure if the devs read these, but if per chance they do, here they are:

Unrelenting - recuperate from missed attacks 40% faster and gain 30/40/50% more bloodpoints for all actions in the Brutality category.

Insidious - By standing still for 4/3/2 seconds, you reduce your Terror Radius to 0 metres and thus become stealthy until you move or act again. while Insidious is active, survivors within 8 meters auras are revealed. Insidious cannot activate within 24 meters of a hooked survivor. (helps get the drop on survivors around corners and restricts hook camping.)

Monstrous Shrine - Basement hooks are granted the following bonuses: 10% faster entity progression, 15% increased difficulty on escape attempts, and 10% increased penalty to escape fails. If the survivor goes into the second phase (the struggle phase) on a regular hook, they are taken to the basement by the entity. Gain 50/75/100% bloodpoints in the Sacrifice category.

Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt - (added effect) While in a chase, survivors receive a 3/4/5% penalty to Repair, Healing, and Sabotage speed for each Dull Totem and Hex Totem remaining on the map. (helps slow down other survivors while occupied in a chase.)

Comments

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604
    Options

No to all of these.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,494
    Options

Not really feeling any of those changes.

All Thrill needs is to not be a Hex totem.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464
    Options

Thrill should be a perk on it's own not a Hex as Blueberry states.

And Unrelenting? no it's bad enough it exists in the first place a killer should not be rewarded/compensated for missing attacks.

And insidious in that state would be worthless, jump on survivors round corners? you realise if they are about to run around a corner and your terror radius just vanishes as it takes 2 seconds to activate they aint ever running round that corner.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options
    Teleporting survivors to the basement is they hit struggle? ThAt sOuNDs LiKE a GreAt iDEa!!!
  • NoodleLegs
    NoodleLegs Member Posts: 317
    Options
    tbh the only way monstrous shrine would be good if it had the things it had before, plus some bonus bloodpoints.
  • Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    Options
    Monstrous Shrine really should have some sort of bonuses to normal hooks, albiet smaller and then better ones for Basement Hooks...it's not even a good perk for a Basement Build tbh :/
  • ChaosMaster130
    ChaosMaster130 Member Posts: 24
    Options

For Monstrous Shrine, all I would add to it would be that basement hooked survivors require 2/4/6 (or 4/5/6) additional seconds to unhook, it would make rescuing hooked players from the basement when the killer is around much more dangerous. Which fits what I believe the perk is for, making the basement hooks even more of a death trap. (it could also alert the killer when someone starts unhooking a basement hooked survivor)
    The additional sacrifice BP would also be a nice bonus on top of my addition.

This is assuming the game has code for increasing/decreasing the speed you unhook someone. (does dying light affect unhook speed if you're the obsession?)

• Rogis_Right_Hand
    Rogis_Right_Hand Member Posts: 28
    Options

I actually think your idea for unrelenting is pretty cool. More bp for brutality would be awesome!