New Prime Gaming Cosmetic for August 2022

jayoshi
jayoshi Member Posts: 314
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1559253592644542465?cxt=HHwWgoCjhbO4yqMrAAAA

Is this a joke? 3 unique survivor cosmetics for three months in a row. When we get a killer outfit it's one from a Rift during a tome (I can't remember when). I already have this outfit unlocked. It's not even a re-color. Isn't Prime Gaming Rewards suppose to be exclusive in-game content? What about people who already unlocked this cosmetic - are we just SOL? This feels extremely lazy and a bit of slap in the face. I was excited about what this month's reward was going to be. Now I feel left out. Yeah, I know it's "free" but that's not the point. PGR was suppose to be exclusive content, not something you have already unlocked.

From Prime Gaming website "Every month, get exclusive in-game loot, free games, a free subscription on Twitch.tv, PLUS everything included with Amazon Prime."

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• PaintedDeath
    PaintedDeath Member Posts: 491

Damn bro. Way to complain about getting free #########.

• jayoshi
    jayoshi Member Posts: 314
    edited August 2022

Right! The part that makes me laugh - If you already unlocked this outfit in the rift, it gives you an error if you try to redeem your personal code in the store. No bueno.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104

I know it's not a solution but you can give away the code.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    edited August 2022

Can't we be grateful for something?

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

It just feels a little cheap to not even recolor it....

I dunno on 1 hand it's semi free (prime isnt free) on another.... it just feels like a cop out and bhvr threw something on there.

Meh

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

It really does feel cheap, they could have picked any upcoming skin or chosen one of the newer skins currently in the shop, like Trickster's one instead of releasing it in the store.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I'drather we get useless garbage than actual good stuff like Jeff's outfit. Jeff went how long without a good outfit and then when he does, its locked behind Amazon. Talk about a slap in the face to Jeff players

Guest Member Posts: 15

maybe they’ll let us recolor it for 500 Auric cells.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

I don't have Prime for the gaming section, but having some new skin every once in a while is nice. This, though, is kinda lame. I guess gg for the people that didn't get this skin before...

• Sharpefern
    Sharpefern Member Posts: 422

It is kinda upsetting. Like I already have it as well but missed the artist ones, not because I didnt have prime but because I didnt realize it was happening. Like I would be happy switching for one those but ya know its just kinda sad

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

I'm new to the game. Personally I love the idea of them using it as a way to dump off skins from rifts I missed before I was playing. Although I agree that they should at least be recolors for people who DIDN'T miss them. That way people who have them have a different one, and people who don't at least get the skin in some form and the other peeps can still flex their different color skin over prime gaming peeps. I don't even own plague atm so I can't use the skin but it's been redeemed. My hope is we get an exclusive Deathslinger skin. Does anyone have a list of all the past prime gaming skins?

• TatsuiChiyo
    TatsuiChiyo Member Posts: 700

42b1a23d-219a-46ee-b638-0d3ae1585183

For whoever wants it since BHVR wants to give out old content instead of try and make something new

• Juicyman
    Juicyman Member Posts: 135

0f4a53ef-98d2-4174-b3d0-6a02b7d37e89

Yeah, here's mine for anyone without it.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,435

I'm not too bothered personally, but that's probably because I've had Prime for alot longer than this DBD partnership has been going on. So for me it is a bonus (along with the Roblox freebies for my daughter) of having Prime.

BUT i agree that it is kinda lazy lol even just a re-colour would have worked. We know DBD is good at those. I wonder though if this means the skin won't make its way to the store now.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Most all the rift cosmetics have come to the store within about just over a year that they were originally released. So the being new thing doesn't really work here tbh.

This is worse than when they had the charm, which was disastrous. Who thought of this and who agreed that it should be so?

I still think someone working at BHVR is sabotaging it from the inside.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

I'm not a fan of the Prime Gaming collaboration, but if they're going to do it, they may as well do it right. This simultaneously fails to give anything to a large portion of the playerbase (seriously, they didn't think of backup iri shards?) and most likely permaretires an outfit that was definitely supposed to come to the store. Which can be said for a lot of Prime outfits, unfortunately.

I'm just really annoyed I got my hopes up for the first Plague outfit in a year and then got handed a code for something I already own. They couldn't even do a recolor?

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I was already upset about prime gaming but when I first say that they were rereleasing a rift skin as an prime gaming reward I got more upset over how they managed to put a rift skin in that but struggle to put rift skins in the store without it being 2 at a time

• H2H
    H2H Member Posts: 705

Here's a code, enjoy:

e3ab6620-ffc2-474b-b482-5dc701797bcc

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited August 2022

I was just like "wait... Isn't the same cosmetic that allready Plague has?" when I saw the picture.

Well good thing is I don't have to spend money for this anyway + don't even feel like "oh Its exlusive skin on killer...maybe I should grab it" pressure.

So yea, the reward is big meh but at least you don't have to spend anything and just ignore it.

• HeyItsQuiet
    HeyItsQuiet Member Posts: 359

It's not free, considering you either paid for it with prime or paid for it with a rift pass, and it's not what was advertised. It's a valid complaint.

• Kanchanabry
    Kanchanabry Member Posts: 113

I joined Amazon Prime only to get DBD cosmetics. This is disappointing.

• Xenostem
    Xenostem Member Posts: 42

1 ######### charm, then skin most of people already had and could not redeem it and now this. i wish i didn't buy prime. i should just use free try get blight skin and leave.