Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Michael Myers Could Use More Scary Elements.

pizzaduffyhp90
pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

Myers maybe one of the scariest killers in the game but, I think he could use some more to make him more terrifying.

These are just some suggestions that I thought of like keep his power as it is but, maybe buff his stalking speed a little, have a timer for tier 2 and 3 where at random moments he'll go undetectable as he's a character that appears anywhere if you're not paying attention, update his chase music to the 2018 version or something similar to make being chased by him more intense, and this one is stretching it but, maybe for endgame give Myers the ability to tombstone 1 survivor if he gets close to them.

Just some ideas to make Myers more scary imo he's the scariest slasher that I've seen in films cause I've not been scared by those slashers. I just want Myers to feel more scary as he's the embodiment of evil and it doesn't show to often in game.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Myers needs base-kit buffs, huge buffs. But for cost, they can nerf his add-ons to make him balanced.

And yes, Myers should be more scary.

• pizzaduffyhp90

Nerf a couple but, not a bunch as a lot of them don't do too much to help him.

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

He should have an ability similar to Wesker's lab photo that allows him to chomp down pallets and breakable walls when on TIII without losing distance.

• pizzaduffyhp90

I think that should be a thing as well make him more brutality in the game.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,438

Honestly they just need to get rid of the tomestones and then the rest of the addons are mostly fine.

• pizzaduffyhp90

I don't see Myers tombstone addons as an issue since they take forever to get and you're not always guaranteed a kill with them unless they catch you in the open and from my experience recently I've not seen a tombstone Myers in like a couple months.

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 6,063

Personally I think that design-wise, Myers is one of the scariest killers in the game. He's built for jumpscares and that walk and breathing are menacing as hell - not to mention, while I don't think the tombstones are the greatest balance decision ever made, they plus his mirror addons create a level of uncertainty that's beyond any other killer. Survivors are never sure what they're facing when they see Myers and that threat creates its own fear. If they tried to ramp up the intensity... I dunno, sometimes less is more. Better stealth in t2 or the ability to actually use t1 when he wants it instead of it being a mandatory hindrance would shore him up, but he needs pressure more than he needs the fear aspect, imo.

I guess tombstone at endgame is a thought, but that feels like a simultaneous band-aid to his low power level and a death sentence for whoever's being chased by Myers when the last gen pops. In practice, it's less dynamic than it sounds and would make his endgame very boring - he just murders whoever he was chasing last while everyone else goes for the gates, and if he hooks the person instead, hoping to bait more kills, nobody will want to save because it's the NOED effect but ten times worse. I mentioned tombstone earlier, but the threat of tombstone is way more interesting than actual tombstone gameplay, from both ends. Guarantee it and everyone turns super predictable. I think there's better things you can do than giving Myers built-in Rancor.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Unironically, what if we made his Scratched Mirror and Vanity Mirror brown or yellow add-ons so that its basically a build decision if you play with them or with the standard Mikey? A lot of Mikey players really enjoy the jump scare aspect of this too add ons, but I also understand why a sorta base-kit aura reading killer could be seen as problematic.

Also while I understand that you shouldn't be able to farm infinite stalking juice from an AFK survivor, if would be SO rad if the stalk juice of a killed survivor got transfered to the others in play and/or everyone slowly recharged their juice; especially the obession, which would make just so much sense: save the best literally for last.

• pizzaduffyhp90

You are speaking facts I can agree with this though with the endgame tombstone I would say have it only work when endgame collaspe starts cause then at least if you're being chased you have a plan on how to get away from him before he ends up catching you.

• pizzaduffyhp90

These are pretty good ideas I'd except these in the game.

• S4ShadowWolf
    S4ShadowWolf Member Posts: 92

This. Ghostface can stalk infinite times and gets an instadown. Once the juice is used up, you have to actively seek out another target as Myers.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

@Dwight_Fairfield your opinions on this dear friend?