Do Yall Give The Last Survivor Hatch?

Options

Just a general question.

I know that some people dont do it, some people do, some have reasons for it, some dont. Id just like to hear some people talk about it. I always give hatch personally, I kind of see it as a nice gesture toward my opponents, since Im on Console, I unfortunately dont really get to see post-game chat, but Id imagine it at least has like one or two nice things in it whenever I give hatch.

Comments

• zHypnotism
    zHypnotism Member Posts: 79
    Options

depends on how i feel and how the survivors played. i tend to give hatch out when the survivors got 4/5 gens done and played well. if i annihilated them, well might as well go for the 4k. if they were annoying, hiding, wasting time, flashlight bullying etc. no, no hatch for you.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options

Not every game, but I often will. Funnily enough I give door. That's because most games I play blight and it's easier to find hatch when I'm not carrying a survivor. So I'll drop them by the door and zoom off to find the hatch, then come back and have them open the door.

But how often do I do it, about 20 percent of my games. However, if someone kills themselves in the match I'll basically give it unless there are some real bad manners from the other players.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,084
    Options

If I feel like it.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options
  • SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

As killer I'll do it if there's been a dc or someone who gives up on the hook immediately. If they're good in a chase and not being a jerk about it I'll let that one go. As survivor it's never an expectation. 2017-19 it was kind of an unwritten guideline for the killer to let the last one go but there's a lot about this game from that period of time that's never coming back.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,459
    Options

Never. It just feels wrong to.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

most killers slug to get a 4k, so hatch has become very rare, at least in my games.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

Most of the time, yes. My current in-game name is Hatch Giver 9000 haha. I made a post like 2 years ago about how much I like giving hatch. It's too bad more Killers don't share my opinion :p

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Depends on how cute the last survivor is.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options

Most of the time.

Exceptions are made for macro-clickers, teams sending me to a bad map and useless survivors who didn't do a thing for their team.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    Options

Only if they’re clearly the best of the team that got screwed hard by SBMM.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,952
    Options

It depends on some factors. If I am grinding out the last pips of Iri 2 or 3 I usually can't spare any mercy, least I miss my pip by that.

But if I am already Iri1 for the month or am in the lower ranks, I usually give the clast survivor the hatch once I asserted my dominance and made clear that I won, ie I either down them or corner them at the door, wounded and they do the submission t-bag.

My reasoning is that a 4k might sound nice, but all it does is raise my MMR even more, leading to sweatier games for just a handful of BP.

So normally the last survivor can go, but they lose that privilege if they tilt me during the trial via clickety clicking, t-bagging at every opportunity or being obnoxious by vaulting 10x in a row.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I used to give survivors hatch but not anymore.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,101
    Options

Nah i mostly give the four last survivors the gates.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
  • YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Hatch or gate. I let them wiggle off and try to find it independently.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

Most of the time, yes.

I only dont give hatch when I feel like they didn't deserve it or I feel like I deserve the 4k (super hard match and I had to really work for the kills).

• SgtMittens
    Options

You're playing a video game, not looking for an A on your thesis.

• Akumakaji
    Options

I sometimes gift the killer a kill when playing survivor and don't go for the rescue during the EGC. Sometimes this gift exceeds all expectations and the killer gets a 3k. So wholesome :>

• SgtMittens
    Options
  • Avilgus
    Avilgus Member Posts: 1,261
    Options

Rarely, because no one gives me free kill.

• JonathanByers
    JonathanByers Member Posts: 167
    Options

Depends honestly, but if it’s a Jonathan 100% yes.

• Mysterioso
    Mysterioso Member Posts: 80
    Options

Ultimately depends on the hatch god. If I'm carrying the survivor and hatch spawns right at my feet I kneel to the commands and give the survivors hatch.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

Depends on the cosmetic

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 746
    Options

Depends on what I ate that day.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

I give it if they ask for it by not struggling after pick-up or by giving me their item. Otherwise, I just kill them since it's much faster.

• ByeByeQ
    ByeByeQ Member Posts: 1,104
    Options

In a normal game, usually no.

If the survivors brought streamers, cakes or flans I'll give hatch if I don't let them all go.

Sometimes survivors can also win the "hatch lottery" when the hatch spawns near them and I feel generous or giving hatch is just more convenient that hooking them.

• Akumakaji
    Options

Oh yes, I totally forgot about that condition! It's a bit arbitrary, but if I make it super obvious that I am giving you hatch by letting you wriggle off while I turn in a circle or stand in a corner and you don't do the frantic "thank you" tbag and gift me your item, but just zoom off, then I'll do my best to hunt you down and hook you.

Show some respect and be polite.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    Options

Usually, unless the whole group were dicks or I'm going for an adept.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,541
    Options

I give Hatch every- so- often

It depends on how I'm feeling at that time

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Totally situational, depending on a few factors:

1. Do I have a sacrifice challenge? Then no.
    2. Am I making that last push to Iri 1 grade? Then no.
    3. Did the last surv BM me at any point? If yes, then no.
    4. Was the last surv the best player on an otherwise awful team? Then probably.
    5. Was the last surv a random who seemed to be ignored/sandbagged by SWF teammates? Then yes.
    6. Was the last surv a total potato who got screwed by MMR? Then probably.
    7. Am I just feeling benevolent? Then probably.

Also, my philosophy is that if I (or any killer, really) don't slug for 4K (which I rarely do), I'm essentially saying I'm okay with you getting hatch, so that feel like I'm giving it to some degree.

• Neamy
    Neamy Member Posts: 359
    Options

I was given the hatch the other day, never happens to me, and I’m sure I was annoying as hell to him. But I was also the one trying to save my team while doing gens, had a toolbox run out in the middle of a sabotage (confetti and everything).

• Wowie
    Wowie Member Posts: 566
    Options

Sometimes. Usually only if they played well or if they did something funny.

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542
    Options

If that person specifically played really well but had bad teammates, and just stands there injured and nodding their head I’ll nod , walk away , nod again and they always get the point that im tryna help . If they were playing like a dick or if I’m on a super hot losing streak I am definitely not as nice .

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,232
    Options

Depends on what that last person was doing and if I need a tome for sacrafices/hooks

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

It depends.

Clicky clicky once and everyone ioes.

Teabag once and everyone dies.

Annoy me in any way, and everyone dies.

If you've played a good, clean game - yeah, I'll always let the last person go.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 426
    Options

If I haven't selected a specific Rift challenge or daily challenge, I do always let the last one to escape; I do try to close the Hatch, let them open the gate, and then make them crawl to the exit.

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    Options

Every killer that is doing this is cheating the system.

How?

First, you stop yourself from getting higher MMR. This makes the next group easier to kill than you deserve. Rinse and repeat.

Second, you stop BHVR from being able to balance the game properly. They can't tell that you let the last one go. The numbers think you failed to kill the last one. BHVR proceeds with balance thinking that your killer and your build aren't capable of 4k, when in fact they are.

Finally, now you know those two facts. You are not doing it out of kindness. They aren't benefiting from your benevolence nearly as much as you are. That's greed and selfishness, not kindness. You can SAY you are doing out of kindness, but that was before, when you were ignorant that you are actually benefiting more than the survivor.

• Taxman232
    Taxman232 Member Posts: 139
    Options

I would say I see 1 out of 25 killers give hatch. Very rare at the moment what with all the rise in slugging and tunnel/camp play styles.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

Hell no lol. I only give the hatch to survivors that are clearly babies and shouldn't have been matched against me. I definitely don't give hatch to any "good" survivor that's on PC because they're probably cheating anyways.

I've had 1 survivor give me a free kill when I've had a bad game in the entire time I've played this game and I'm devotion 24. I also get teabagged at the exit gate very frequently even when I went out of my way not to camp/tunnel. survivors are toxic af

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    Options

Hahaha what?

Dude, giving hatch has been etiquette since as long as I can remember. The game's inception, maybe.

If you don't, you get salty people telling you off in postgame.

• dknb
    dknb Member Posts: 139
    Options

killer main never understand their own arrogance

• Dead_Harder
    Dead_Harder Member Posts: 1,370
    Options

If they act cute or drop their items.

A single couch while maintaining eye contact is enough.

Hell if you do it in the middle of the match ill leave you be till the next time i see you again. No exceptions.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,213
    Options
  • SpaghettiVase
    SpaghettiVase Member Posts: 341
    Options

depends on where it spawns. If it literally opens right in front of us then yeah.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

More often than not I do. If I thrashed the other 3 or won a game from a losing position, I'll always let the last go, unless they were a rival player who annoyed me 😅

• FridayNightPizza
    FridayNightPizza Member Posts: 613
    edited August 2022
    Options

I will if they're not being toxic or there are multiple dcs.

Post edited by FridayNightPizza on