2»

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Most of the time, yes.

I never get hatch as survivor so I like to give it as killer at least

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I don't usually gift it but I don't either slug for 4K I just take the 3K and let last one have chance to get hatch. If they don't get it I usually still give them exit. Sometimes I take the 4K if I feel I truly deserved.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

You should never expect that. Giving hatch is nowhere equilavent of that. I don't think any killer would even want that if survivors try to give me kill I throw them out of exit.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

i just hook them unless the hatch is right where i downed them, im not going out of my way to carry them across the universe for them to get literally nothing from it and me to lose points.

only exception is if its a friend, then ill take them to hatch

• DH3206
    DH3206 Member Posts: 272

Not anymore.

• HugTheHag
    HugTheHag Member Posts: 3,140
    edited August 2022

Generally yes, unless I get my 5-stack-Devour Hope in which case I'm probably mori-ing them !

The vast majority of survivors I encounter play fairly, and BMs are quite rare in my games. I guess if a survivor is mean to me they won't get hatch, but they'll generally already be dead by the time it's 1v1, and I'm not punishing a survivor that did nothing to me just because their teammate was toxic.

Post edited by HugTheHag on
  • Kolitra
    Kolitra Member Posts: 61

Lol no. never. Survs don't deserve this, they bullied me way too much, and they continue, so they will pay their arrogance.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

It's really dependent on many factors such as their playstyle, location of hatch, how the match went, etc., so it's hit and miss with me.

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,443

Almost never, I have never got any pity kills nor anything of the sort so giving hatch would be foolish, but there is one exception and that is if someone is being sandbagged/bodyblocked etc by a swf or a random, then at least give them hatch for having to put up with those kinds of people.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Depends on the type of survivor that's last if they were a part of a Sabo, rpd,boon abusing swf heck no

Otherwise I tend to let people get hatch unless I'm going for adept or I have a tome challenge that requires a 4k

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

If there's a Dweet in the match they are always going to get hatch from me unless they were acting toxic.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545

I do if the last survivor played well and was not acting cocky or rude towards their other teammates 🙂

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 457

99% of the time no because I don’t think hatch should exist in the first place. Why do survivors need a chance at a pity escape anyway (hatch exists so that one survivor can feel like they didn’t lose)? If blood warden or no way out became basekit, then maybe I’d consider giving hatch more often. Until then, earn your escape just like I have to earn my kills.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Little shits get the hook

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

I don't give the hatch to any survivor. quite often even close it before picking them up, or close it right after I hooked them. I don't see it as a nice gesture, I see it as a pointless thing to do. I never saw a last survivor staying there to be sacrificed in any game in the past especially when I was learning the game, out of kindness, so I have no idea why would I go against the rules of the game to show some unneeded nice guy routine. To feel better about myself? I wouldn't hit them and hook them in the first place if I would feed bad about that in a game...

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,859

I almost always do unless they were being toxic or cheating.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

I'm not sure I understand this behavior.... how many times the last survivors stayed and allowed to be sacrificed, when they have a chance for a 4 man escape...? It doesn't happen, like ever. I don't hold it against them. It's part of the game also.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,173
    edited August 2022

You dont lose MMR from a survivor getting hatch, nor does the survivor getting hatch give them MMR. The developers stated this when MMR was first introduced into the game. The only thing that it does is slow that rate at which you gain MMR; instead of gaining 20 rating for that match, you will instead gain 15... wow, such a huge difference... :|

Influencing killrates... but you act like Im doing with maliciously with the intent of doing so when Im not. But what about survivors that give up at the start of the match, or let themselves go on hook purposely to give the other person hatch when the situation doesnt even call for it. Those would influence killrates as well wouldnt it? What about people cheating and ruining matches for killers? Survivors taking the match hostage until the killer DCs? There are tons of things that are already happening that do it, giving 1 person hatch every now and then isnt going to cause the system to explode.

Im actually not doing it for my own gain, survivors still get 2500 bloodpoints for a hatch escape, I, as the killer, am rewarded 200 bloodpoints for the hook and 500 bloodpoints for the kill for a total of 700 bloodpoints. 700 BP VS 2500 BP. Id rather give someone the 2500 BP than only get 700 BP myself. So yes, it is done out of kindness, not that I am "benefiting more than the survivor" by doing so.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

One must live to tell the tale

• Cassiopeiae
    Cassiopeiae Member Posts: 263

Yes.

I have my own personal set of rules/reasons for this though, so it's not always.

Big factors include: that person bringing a huge mutliplayer BP offering, being left behind when they CARRIED the other survivors or doing that silly item trade thingie next to a gate without hiding, idk i find that cute.

I never expect to get hatch as survivor though, I usually get very rude or just sweaty killers ( no hate on the sweaty ones) for some reason.

• HPhoenix
    HPhoenix Member Posts: 598

I do at times!

• PBsamichShoe
    PBsamichShoe Member Posts: 314

I do but whenever I play survivor I get killers who slug for the 4k, leave you to bleed out, or even carry you to hatch so they can close it in your face and then carry you to the gates so you can see that they also have no way out as they watch you die to the entity.

This game is broken af.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

I'm not a very experienced killer but on occasion I've done it.

There was one match where two of the survivors were clearly very new - one ran up to a window & just stood there, you could tell they were frantically trying to work out how to vault!

So when that one actually Kobe'd I decided that if he was last man he'd get the hatch - and in the end he was the last one standing so off to hatch he went! (Noted in the endgame screen that he didn't have any perks to help escape hook and in fact was level 6....