Idea : Softening Perception of "Wasted Games"

Options
Rokitlaunch
Rokitlaunch Member Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know its asking for insanity to post on here but I would love anyone else considering this.

Part of what can make many player's game experience negative is the idea of "wasted" games. The progression systems are many player's primary goals and method of engagement. Smoothing the varied amplitudes of blood point gains so that optimal advancement comes from high-interactivity and closer games may be a huge help.

Consider some or all of the following options

• Spread the 7k BP from escape across the objectives. 1k per gen, 1k per gate, 1k escape. For each Survivor.

• Multiply the killer's BP gain by some coefficient of the completed generators, increasing for each gen complete

• Make BP multiplier offerings cost no BP in bloodwebs. Remove the gamble.

• Make all BP multiplier offerings exceed cap

• Unify the inventories of survivors and, if possible, killer's offerings

I think each of these changes could really improve the psychographics of progression and in-game goals.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Rokitlaunch
    Rokitlaunch Member Posts: 3
    Options

I can see the reasoning. However, grade is... weird. Materially, all it does is grant a BP bonus every 30 days or so. (As far as I know)

I don't have any strong feelings about grade vs mmr. I just desire matchmaking to make "even" games.

• Iron_Einherjar
    Iron_Einherjar Member Posts: 11
    Options

I can agree to no de-pips being a thing, not like MMR does anything at this moment, we're still finding first day accounts going against five-digit hours played accounts every other match

As the only reason to continue climbing ranks currently is the monthly BP bonus, you can be awarded a whopping 1.5 prestige a month with both Survivor and Killer at Rank 1

Personally, I think they ought to reward BP at level ups alongside the mostly worthless post nerf Iridescant Shards

100*current level + 10000*Devotion seems nice

As for OP looking for a way to soften the blow of "Wasted Games" none of those are going to soften the fact you can still at any point choose to face camp till they end the match with less than 1k BP currently. If everyone on the team ignored the camped player and did gens, they'd get 3K BP which would be an improvement, but it's still exceptionally frustrating not being able to play a match at all simply because "wrong place wrong time" spawn location