Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How do you deal with boons as Hag

CoH have essentially destroyed the hit and run strategy, however as I've started playing more hag at higher mmrs. It feels basically impossible to down anyone as they will all take a hit then run to the other side of the map where the boon is, leaving me with 2 options;

• Go for the boon, lose my 3 gen/setup, resulting in most likely a 3-4 man escape
  • Ignore the boon, never get 1 down, have a 30 minute game, a gen will inevitably get down, resulting in most likely a 3-4 man escape

Whenever I see a video of her being top tier, it's always against a group who isn't allowed boons as they just break her.

Comments

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited August 2022

Play "scummy" and learn to play what I call Chase Hag. Chase Hag is where you use 5-6 traps to build a web then reserve the rest for chases, shut down loops as they get to them with a trap near a pallet or the middle of a jungle gym and get the 2nd hit when they either greed the loop or have to cross a dead zone or circle back to a previous tile. Then you run MYC and STBFL to get the unhooker right after they unhook or force the hook trade with STBFL if they seem like they're waiting out the trap before unhooking.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

survivors should bring more boons so you dont have to run so far?

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

You can't.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Run shattered hope basically

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited August 2022

With most boons you just play around them, since they require you to be close to have any real effect. If its an indoor/multifloor area, keep the totem trapped if it can cover a wide area.

If its CoH just camp and tunnel and take your 1-2k because they made that choice for you.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 3,167

On killers like Legion, Hag, Trapper, and Twins, killers that are incredibly weak when certain Boon Totems are in play, I would recommend Shattered Hope, or effectively trying to figure out the boon user and removing them from the match before it becomes problematic.

Hag, fortunately, can deal with Boons a bit better than the rest I mentioned just from their ability to trap high trafficked totems that get lit over and over (some might also argue that Trapper is in the same boat, but Trapper has to do more setup so ultimate he is WAY worse).

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,298

Hook survivor (best if you can catch the one with boons) and place all of your traps around their hook and in areas leading up to their hook. Watch the light leave the survivors eyes when they realize there is no hope of rescue.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

good luck

• IridiumGlass
    IridiumGlass Member Posts: 16

Agitiation, Star Struck, Myc, Stbfl. Make their healing useless. though tbf Hag chases should be quick 10-14 seconds long, anything longer and the problem is that you're set up wasn't good.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

Wow at everyone recommending tunneling, that's unfun for the booner, they don't even get to play the game!!

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

shattered hope is pretty good on hag. devour hope undying, shattered hope, pentimento

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Someone mentioned Michi above and yeah, check them out on Youtube. But a few things I noticed Michi does.

• Pair traps in areas so if you get a hit and injure someone then there’s a decent chance you’ll get a second hit on them shortly afterward as they run away.
    • Michi almost always uses Make Your Choice for quick exposed hits. It’s a really solid perk on Hag and instant downs hard counter healing.
    • If you find yourself really concerned about Circle of Healing over anything else, try running Shattered Hope plus Pentimento. Every boon you find is then permanently destroyed and replaced by a really nice slowdown Hex. (I sometimes run this combo myself on lots of killers.)
  • kizuati
    kizuati Member Posts: 1,386

There are two buttons named "previous" or "next" right below this menu when playing hag. They can solve all your issues.

No,really. Dont play Hag,she is sad.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,220

Some combination of Agitation, Forced Penance, and Shattered Hope. Agitation to force hooks deep in your 3 gen. Forced Penance to keep survivors Broken so they can't make good use of the boon. Shattered Hope to kill the boon if you have an opportunity to get to it.

• AverageAshEnjoyer
    AverageAshEnjoyer Member Posts: 427

Shattered hope and Thrill of the hunt are good perks against boons, especially on hag since she can trap boons and doing them becomes way riskier.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

i die inside any time i hear them as any killer tbh

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510

you don't play hag. fixed.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

Bore the other team to death