Haven't played in 1 year

So, I played DBD from 2016 to October 2021, and was gonna return when I get home from work. I was curious about the state of the game. I mainly played Killer, and enjoyed Instant Q times, but reading through the patch notes and forums, I am seeing that Killers were buffed, and now their wait time to find a match is 10-20 minutes.

This is very dissapointing to me, as I really just want to play a few games after work, but have limited free time and dont want to spend it WAITING. So my question is, is it true? Are the Queue times really that bad? Also, how is the state of the game in general? I just want to play some Pyramid Head/Clown/Leatherface again after a year of not playing...

Comments

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Its more like 5-8min for me in the afternoon after work. Used to be few seconds

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

Killer queues haven't been horrendous for me personally, but they're definitely a bit longer at certain times.

Once you get a game, though, you'll find killer in a pretty nice spot. Just make sure to read all your perk descriptions in case one of them changed recently, haha- don't bring Ruin, for instance.

• Kweh
    Kweh Member Posts: 88

I wouldn't worry, I live in a small region and my killer queue times hardly ever exceed 3-5 minutes during afternoons and nights. The state of the game is fine, I guess it's just a slight change to balance of players because of the patch but it's far from bad.

• Weederick
    Weederick Member Posts: 1,080

Same deal here, took a 2 year break and returned yesterday. Killerqueues are still fast in EU, but only instant in the evenings. Give it a shot, its still the same old

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249

You started playing right before me. Once upon a time you could find a lobby instantly on either side. Long story short, crossplay has made the entire experience miserable.

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 272

Queue times really depend on location and time of day (and possibly MMR even).

For me personally, it has been improving from the 15ish minute wait peak it was at a few weeks ago. That being said, the killer queue during the day (until about 7-8pm local) still feels pretty obnoxiously slow. Also, don't be shocked if the first person you down/hook decides they want out of the game and D/C or give up on hook.

Otherwise, solo queue survivor wait times have never been better! If the killer queue feels too long, can always give survivor a chance.

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

The queue times are longer during the day (still not 10 minutes) for me but only a few minutes past like 5 pm. One thing that everyone has been bringing up is killer queue times and how that must mean no one wants to play survivor. No one mentions how before the patch killer queue times were instant. By their logic that must mean killer was pretty unbearable before.

The current state of the game is fine by DbD standards. The game has problems that have always been and will probably always be there and it has nothing to do with the last patch. They will most likely need to tone down some of the killer buffs or improve survivor solo q somehow. If you liked playing killer before you will like it now.