+10min lobbies

Options
behaviourmakesmesad
behaviourmakesmesad Member Posts: 59
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

As a killer of course and in the end it's either bully squad SWF or total newbies and nothing in between.

Can't play killer, Can't play solo Q. I miss the state of this game was 2 years ago when I started playing it.

Comments

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options

Why do you think killer lobbies are 10+ minutes long?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Oh, killers are having queue problems? I guess every survivor has just quit the game. 🤭

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

I'm Chicagoland. My killer queues are only long during the day and that's when the sweatiest of sweat survivors are online anyways. My queues are instant from like 5 pm to 11 pm CST

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options

after 10 min waiting, they get lucky with the map / team and tryhard everyone out. get less than 15k bp and complain in the aftermatch chat because the match lasted only 5 minutes

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

At night my killer queues are ~13 seconds -2 mins max from 6:00 PM until early morning.

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

My q’s are instant on both sides. I’m not trippin.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

Just go play survivor. It's fun.

• Bot_Salvo88
    Bot_Salvo88 Member Posts: 1,230
    edited August 2022
    Options

Let's not act like survivor queues weren't over 5 mins long for the past 7 months, please...

Plus, what I see as killer and survivor is a matchmaking issue more than "killer buffs" and "survivor nerfed into the ground". I mostly go against 100 hour players when I have almost 1000. It's not working, that's the main issue

Post edited by Bot_Salvo88 on
  • TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,269
    Options

What time and what region? My survivor queues are now instant and my Killer queues are less than 3 minutes so good queues on both sides. I'm NA West and play from about 5 PM MST to a few hours past that.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

Before the midchapter my survivor q would be fast and killer would be slow during day until about 7 or 8pm ET, then they'd switch. Now my survivor wait is always instant and killer is always really long no matter the time of day. Usually I'd do most of the killer tome challenges but this time I've only done a couple that blocked survivor challenges because the wait for a killer match is too long.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,903
    Options

For those of you who have long killer wait times, just play survivor. It's very fun! ;)

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

It will stay like that until the devs finally nerf camping and tunneling. So many people are complaining about it, especially now, they can not ignore it for ever.

I guess I am just lucky with my 2 - 4 minute killer queue times.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,221
    Options

The time of day has always been a factor.

Usually queues are shorter for survivors during the day and shorter for killer during the night.

My killer queues are at most one minute during the night and maybe four or five minute during the day.

• ad19970
    Options

If it was just matchmaking, these longer queue times would be spread evenly among survivors and killers. But it is not. Killers seem to be the only ones with longer queue times, which definitely suggests that there is an imbalance in player count for each side. DBD doesn't have enough survivor players at the moment.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It depends on when you play, and that could potentially suggest it is actually relatively even... Overall. In practice, that does not really matter however. And that is also why we are getting queue incentives.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 381
    Options

I’m playing late evening, early night on central EU servers, my queue times are back to 10-20 seconds.

• ad19970
    Options

I mean I used to get 2-4 minute queue times for killer during the day, and instant queue times during the evening. And it was kind of the other way around for survivor. That seemed pretty balanced to me.

Now, during the evening, I have 2-4 minute queue times for killers, and I can't really say what they are during the day at the moment, haven't played during the day for a while. But in my eyes, that's not a good thing. It wouldn't be terrible though, but it seems like some people have it worse than me currently. Meanwhile survivor queue times always seem instant.

I do realise that there still more people playing survivor than killer, just not at a 4:1 ratio. And I also get that the entire "solo q is dead" narrative is just serious exaggeration. But I do think current queue times are a cause for concern, and I think if camping and tunneling were simply nerfed, we'd go back to balanced queue times again. Which just makes it all the more frustrating that BHVR hasn't already done this, because it seems like a no brainer, to nerf cheap, insanely unfun and skillless strategies.

• soloqdweet
    soloqdweet Member Posts: 14
    Options

Killer queues are over six minutes during the evening, and even worse during the day. It's crazy how easily survivors give up when killers get buffed even a tiny bit. Literally the only people that play are all SWFs, which bhvr somehow managed to buff the last patch, and are going to get stronger again with the upcoming reassurance perk.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

The best part is when you do get a game then they all suicide on hook because of an oppressive build!

Come do survivor, queue is instant.

• soloqdweet
    soloqdweet Member Posts: 14
    Options
  • Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    Options

I say the same thing about killer - I don't even use my power anymore I just run around and M1 for an easy 3-4k.