Would you turn off Auto-Aim?

Options

If given the option would you turn of Auto-Aim on Killer or not? What would be your reason?

Comments

• Rydog
    Rydog Member Posts: 3,275
    Options

Uhhhhhh... auto-aim? What?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,872
    Options

Would definitely like to try it out. It's easy to notice when auto aim screws you over, but it's not so easy to tell when it gives you hits you otherwise wouldn't have landed.

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505
    Options

id turn it off. i like hitting survivors im aiming at, not the objects theyre standing next to

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,440
    Options

I want it, but it needs to actually work. I'm tired of swinging around the survivor when I'm right in front of them.

• Neprašheart
    Neprašheart Member Posts: 424
    Options

I'd definitely turn it off. The hate towards it isn't unreasonable at all.. It screws with the killers more than it helps them.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,388
    Options

Definitely would try it to see the difference, yeah. It does feel very frustrating to aim directly at a survivor just to then hit something you didn’t even glanced at..

• sasnayahdrezka
    sasnayahdrezka Member Posts: 132
    Options

i would love to see people turning off auto aim and then complain about getting spun

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Wel... Duh

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

Of course

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,741
    Options

Yes, sometimes when playing killer i still miss because of it, but its better now when DH have changed.

As survivor i dont notice it at all.

• Jplanas98
    Jplanas98 Member Posts: 532
    Options

There needs to be an option to. It's so much worse of console than on PC (swapped to PC recently and auto aim hasn't screwed me over nearly as much as it did on console.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

The reason wiggling back and forth works is because of aim assist, without it the zig zag wiggle would be pointless. Play killer and have someone do it in front of you, 50% of the time the aim assist pulls back and causes you to miss.

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

Depends how DBD feels without it

• Coffeecrashing
    Coffeecrashing Member Posts: 3,305
    Options

The only purpose of aim dressing is to give survivors extra chances. Aim dressing is only supposed to happen if the server registers a hit, and if BHVR really wanted to be fair, they would give the killer the hit every time aim dressing happens, and only swing the killer's camera to make the hit look nicer.

There's zero fair reasons for having a system where the server registers a hit, and then the killer needs to fight with their camera to pass a second hit registration check.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

I would certainly try it out

• BBTschak
    BBTschak Member Posts: 12
    Options

You can call it by many names auto-aim, aim-dressing or aim assist.

What aim assist does, it tries to make the hit center to the survivors hitbox. That way the hit doesn't feel off. The problem is this often moves the weapon into an environment hitbox instead of a survivor thus making you miss your attack which could have been a down or an injure.