If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

The new progression system kinda killed the game for me

Options
BenZ0
BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

It doesnt feel like a progress anymore, you are getting reset every 50 lvl back to 1 in an infinit grind. In the old system atleast you had the choice to stay at lvl 50 and had the big bloodweb with much more choice, also if you finished your prestige your reward was to get more stuff in the bloodweb and you stay at 50 for the rest of the time beeing. Atleast you had an "end" of reaching the progress which gave me atleast some sort of satisfaction.

Not to mention that you are now forced to prestige which completely feels horrible and takes away the reason behind it of beeing a prestige in the first place.

I really like the balance changes of dbd and I think dbd is at its best state in a long time except for long que times ofc but I still played only the first 3 days of the mid chapter to try out the new perks and since then I havent touched dbd anymore cuz I lost all my motivation to level up characters.

It doesnt feel rewarding anymore at all and therefore I dont really have a point of wanting to earn blood points. Plus having those long que times mostly as Killer and also getting at some of those games hackers that simply ruin your game just kills the game for me.

Obviously I am not "quitting" dbd but I just wanted to share my experience so far and wanted to shine some light on a problem that many dont really mentioned so far.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

Damn... I haven't played in like 6-7 months so all of that just scares me

On top of the perk changes... now the bloodweb and prestige have all changed... oh boy

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939
    Options

I despise having to go back to level 1 every bloody time I finally start getting decent items on the Blood Web. I prestiged the few characters I main, and liked having slightly better and more items to choose from. It's just crap now.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
    Options

Yes I feel the same way, you are not really progressing anymore you are just reset yourself over and over for nothing.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

What I liked about the old system was that I could cherry pick teach-ables. I was able to avoid meme perks like Buckle Up and No Mither. Now you are forced to unlock all 3 teach-ables, even if you don't want them.

• Kolitra
    Kolitra Member Posts: 61
    Options

This is the worst, they could at least let the full bloodweb even when you prestige...i don't want to waste my points on garbage addon.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,069
    Options

Yeah the old system was way better. Only good thing which the new one offers is that you keep your add ons and offerings but you get lot less the good ones so it just so bad compared to old.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 829
    Options

I agree. I dont have a lot of time to dedicate to the game sometimes. Pre the reworked progression system I was able to get 1m spend it and call it fairly easily. It felt rewarding dedicating my time to the game with what little time I had. After removing the bp bonuses on bbq and wglf the same time i spent before only nets maybe 250k-500k. So now no progression for the time I can put in. Its made me play the game a lot less. It feels far less rewarding.

imo I think taking away bbq and wglf bonus is a way to further incentivize the role incentives. So they are punishing the player base to fix their game design flaws. Its further infuriated me thinking about that after they removed it because they couldn't even implement it right.

My suggestion is to make the bbq and wglf bonuses base game. Even if they arnt a full 100% bonus. The concept was healthy for the game. Old bbq rewarded not tunneling, and old wglf rewarded altruism. Now with them gone people are tunneling more and being less altruistic. Overall horrible implementation.

Also I'm going to post this as a separate topic as I think that its worth talking about a fix like this.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,134
    Options

yea it bad really bad

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

I was watching season 5 of Rick an Morty which is roughly 3 hours in length while my sister played DbD right beside me. Once it was finished, she only made 500k bloodpoints. 3 hours of effort for that? This increased grind is ridiculous. She only brought cake while playing Dredge, but she played him quite a few times during that session.

#BBQ and cake and eat it too

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

It is awful. It makes the game feel hollow and pointless. The bloodweb didn't used to feel like a chore, to me. Once you get all of the perks, the bloodweb feels like a bad thrift store full of crappy useless junk.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options
  • RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

For what it's worth. At Prestige 15, I've been seeing purples and even iridescent addons starting at level 3 as of late. Ironically, that sucks for me, as my characters best addons are both commons, lol.