Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Do you find Trickster fun to play as?

As killer, do you like playing him? Or you don't mind him or can't stand him, etc. And why?

Comments

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Nope not really he is just a less fun huntress to me.

• Hensen2100
    Hensen2100 Member Posts: 339

He is ok. Too many maps have areas where his power is 100% useless. Between that and his low mobility it ends up being the best play to just camp with him a lot of the time

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

No I don’t find anything fun about him.

• skylerbound
    skylerbound Member Posts: 753

I like landing the knives and the aesthetic of him but he’s slow and huntress does everything he does but better.

I play him if I play killer but I only go against very experienced players so I get stomped on regularly

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

I find tracking with his power to laser people down fun. But I enjoy all of the ranged killers. Even deathslinger.

• gatsby
    gatsby Member Posts: 2,533

Trickster is fun because you can toy with Survivors and force hook states.

It’s not always time efficient, but 70-80% of loops can be brute forced with his power by gradually wearing the Survivor down with laceration. Trickster is one of the few Killers that doesn’t have to break shack pallet to down at shack.

Every match I play as Trickster, I feel super in control even if I don’t 4k. It’s usually because of gen rush not because any Survivors “outplayed” me. Trickster doesn’t really do “looping” especially if you run bamboozle.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,751

Basically this is the answer for most of us.

On console his recoil is inconsistent & unpredictable, forget about strafing, forget about controlling Main Event, and grouping shots at all is a complete nightmare.

• ThePrizz
    ThePrizz Member Posts: 111

I'd rather get no kills and get teabagged all game long by survivors while playing Doctor than get a 4k with Trickster. He's the most boring killer in the game by far imo.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,476
    edited August 2022

To play as, yes

because hitting multiple knives in a row just feels so... satisfying... especially while in Main Event because you just melt people

To play against tho? no

• ThePrizz
    ThePrizz Member Posts: 111

Putting Trickster as a killer in a game like Dead By Daylight is like putting Sonic The Hedgehog as a playable character in Mortal Kombat

• Equus
    Equus Member Posts: 324

I main him so yeah I love his style obviously. He can do so many things that will bring a big smile on my face. Getting a health state because you shot through a tiny spot feels amazing. Using main event to your advantage; getting the down or even chasing them off the nearly completed gen from half way across the map is such a great moment.

On high loops getting that full laceration by playing it just right. Cutting them off with knives to zone a survivor. Chasing them off the exit gate switch from miles away. I just know I have the potential to counter a hopeless looking game. The complete BM disrespect from a full group because it's trickster and being able to wipe them out completely is just a high. And of course it's so fun to laugh and have the freaking killer laugh along with you!

• XombieRocker
    XombieRocker Member Posts: 324

Console, so no.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

Depends. His sound effects are incredibly satisfying, so doing well as him feels super good. On the other hand, it’s super painful when a survivor escapes a chase just before you are able to get that last knife in.

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857

Love it. Totally not biased. But other ranged killers are way better than him, like huntress and slinger aren't map reliant. As they only need one shot to do damage, whilst trickster has a to land a few, needs to manage recoil, and need to track. And maps with till loops destroy him more than the other ranged killers.

But I enjoy the challenge and I adore the visual designs.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Personally I like the melee killers better than the ranged ones in this game.

Also it kind of bugs me how Huntress and Trickster have no aiming reticle. This is the only first person action game I can think of where characters who's main thing is ranged attacks doing have an aiming cursor on screen showing where you're going to shoot. (Deathslinger aims down the gunsight so he's fine.) And no, aiming sights or reticles or cursors aren't "crutches", they're extremely common in every other shooter in existence. It irks me they're not included in the game.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Nope.

Button spam mechanics and a jarring aesthetic that are both mediocre.

• DEMONANCE
    DEMONANCE Member Posts: 800

yeeees, very very much. since huntress is not my cup of tea and deathslinger unfortunately being nerfed to the ground he has been quite fun to play for me.

his voice lines, his skins, his laughs and his skill ceiling playing a killer with such personality definitely add more to the fun of playing him.

unfortunately there are some frustrating stuff about him, his knives spread his recoil and slow movement but he'll still be my most favorite killer.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

I'm on console and the recoil in combination with the sensitivity makes his power annoying, so no.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

First 50 matches as Trickster was absolutely debilitating and horrific. After practicing aim, and learning tricks on loops to ensure downs, he's fun to play.

With the excaption of low loops and in the open field, Trickster requires a lot of skill to use correctly even today I rely on Monitor to get closer to survivors. It's too good on him.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I used to. I loved how relentless you could be with him back when you could burn a brown and roll up with 70 knives in your pockets. I was almost certain I was going to main him.

Now though? No. His power was already kinda hit or miss. Some tiles it was downright lethal and some tiles it was barely anything. The changes they made to him made both cases way more intense and I just didn't like it.

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

He's pretty fun, but main event needs a rework.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,019

Same. Pure grinding a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ made playing him much easier