LBR, there has to be a hidden algorithm to make the game as frustrating as possible

For a while now a lot of us have felt as if the game 'changes' depending on what challenge one is one, to make things as frustrating as possible regardless what side one plays on.

And with the current tome I believe we've surpassed the point where one could say 'no, it just feels like it' or similar.

Because, I kid you not, regardless of the time playing, the challenges pretty much went like this:

green glyph challenge? be bombarded with survs that burn through the gens before you can even find them, respectively have an endless line of slugging at 5 gens.

be chased for 75 secs? afk, afk, afk, afk, bubba

Escape through the gate while using perk X. dredge, huntress with lethal, demo, all of them tunneling and camping.

But the moment you switch the challenge EXACTLY the thing you would have need for the other happens.

It just happens with such a regularity that this has to be by design.

Comments

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Yeah, me getting Haddonfield 6 times in a row while playing blight, a killer I barely play, can't be coincidence.

• Aubwie
    Aubwie Member Posts: 24
    edited August 2022

Yes me playing huntress

Game

Game

Lery's

Game

Rpd

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,244
    edited August 2022

Playing Billy? You're going to The Game, RPD, or Lerys. I play maybe 1 game of Huntress every month. I get The Game every. single. time. It's uncanny. I wouldn't be shocked if maps are used to manipulate win rates.

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542

I believe that 100%. I also have a theory that on certain days of the week maps are “randomly picked” repeatedly based on said win/lose rates .

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,306

I am pretty sure the Devs design the game with making is frustrating as possible so the sweet moments taste even sweeter and so you would get addicted while chasing that sweet high.

• CluelessWanderer
    CluelessWanderer Member Posts: 939

It's not about a Rift challenge, but same theme; I don't see Franklin's for 6 matches. I equip a purple med kit with a white ward? Franklin's. On like, a Hag or something (how often do you see Hags?).

EVERY TIME.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

Oh, got another one:

Took off my totem build to try the blind challenge...

Before that, no one ran any Hexes.

The moment the build is off...

DEVOUR

NOED

DEVOUR

NOED and RUIN

RUIN with Haunted and Undying

and ALL just maps with nasty spawnspots...

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

I have one

Picks Blight or Dredge

Swamp

Swamp

Swamp

Coldwind

Swamp again

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165
    edited August 2022

It's like that with every chase challenge for me - it is a killer that can hit from a distance, Twins just using Victor the entire time, or Wraith staying invisible so chase doesn't trigger.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

I'm trying to get Blast Mine/Residual/Flashbang value and I cant even get gen progress, and If I do, killers never kick the gens even with Call of Brian

Uggghhhhhhh