Prime gaming Plague skin

Options
Lycidas
Lycidas Member Posts: 1,170
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Uhm..does it sit right with everyone that this month's Prime reward is the exact same Plague skin that was in Rift 7?

Like, not even a recolor but straight up the same skin?

Plague out of all killers, who could benefit a lot from new skins gets this treatment? This is a new low..

Is this the reason for the "Sharing codes is illegal now" banner that's on the forum?

Post edited by Lycidas on

Comments

• RatbasterdJr
    RatbasterdJr Member Posts: 702
    Options

Is it really? That’s wilddddd🤯

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,031
    Options

I was also bummed. I was excited about the next gaming reward.

• Lycidas
    Options

Recoloring would have been enough

Still underwhelming compared to the past prime rewards but enough

Even the Lucky Pot charm was better than this 😂

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,414
    Options

Does it sit right with me? Absolutely not.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,125
    edited August 2022
    Options

Does not sit right with me what-so-ever. Especially when in comparison to LoL's prime capsule rewards that gave me enough to get the Beemo skin this month.

• My_Aespa
    My_Aespa Member Posts: 545
    Options

A few threads on this has already been made. It's kind of old news by now.

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,528
    Options

no threads got deleted. We merged some threads into one - for a couple of reasons, the main ones being that it makes it apparent how many people are affected by an issue and two, to keep track of everything for the moderators.

But no threads on this topic were deleted.

• Lycidas
    Options

I haven't seen any honestly and I redeemed the skin only today, though it's sad to see that apparently a couple of days are enough for something like this to be "forgotten" by the community

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923
    Options

Exactly the merging was done with a post that was asking when the skin came out so if you were just looking through the main page it would only show as when is it coming out rather than the complaints.

• LiaLight
    LiaLight Member Posts: 75
    Options

It didn't sit right with me how the threads were merged. I will give the benefit of the doubt in that it was well-intentioned but then it could have been done a bit better as Seanzu said.

It definitely didn't sit right with me that the prime skin was an old rift skin, not even recoloured and without any compensation for people who already own it.

I also do hope that the community will not just forget this topic. I saw over 700 comments on that twitter post by Bhvr just shortly after the skin released and I saw a few negative comments on the prime gaming twitter post as well. Which is good. This laziness towards the players should not just be swept under the rug but highlighted as the embarrassment it is.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I hope this incident was all that was needed to do away with Prime Gaming.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,277
    Options

I'm assuming they are taking this feedback into consideration and won't do this type of thing again...

• Lycidas
    Options

I also do hope that the community will not just forget this topic.

This is my main pet peeve about this community.

BHVR got away with questionable decisions multiple times in the past because the community's attention span is shorter than my goldfish's memory.

Why? Prime Gaming rewards have been good up to now (the Lucky Pot charm was a little underwhelming but still, something new) and they are basically free, why do you think they should remove them instead of improving them?