No reason to buy the next DLC for killer

Murgleïs
Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,067
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions
  • The best Wesker perk got nerfed (awakened awareness). Even for my Nurse, 20m aura reveal range is very short, flood of rage has unlimited range and is very good with pain res and agitation.
  • The Wesker seems very weak, almost nothing against loops, widows or pallets, no instadown, no mobility to patrol, a huge terror radius
  • At least I had reasons for the past DLC : call of brine (Sadako) flood or rage (Sadako), Darkness Revealed (Dredge), Dissolution (Dredge), and a fun killer (Dredge), pain res and a strong killer (Artist). But Wesker ? There is nothing.

So thanks BHVR for saving my money.

Comments

• DeleteSWF
    DeleteSWF Member Posts: 20

Not everybody is a powergamer. I don't play killers because they're strong, I play them because I like the character and they're fun.

• Chaellooo
    Chaellooo Member Posts: 106

They only nerfed awakened awareness because of nurse do you think it would be balanced with a starstruck build on her? Wesker actually got buffed they only reduced his hitbox but hopefully not much

• Murgleïs
    edited August 2022

I am just saying there is nothing exciting for killers.

I bet you are the kind of survivor who finds Sadako to be very fun…to go against.

• friendlyant1
    friendlyant1 Member Posts: 57

I completely disagree. I played Wesker in PTB (and got shitted on) but I still had fun, his power seems very fun to master. The survivor perks also seems pretty good and very viable.

I'm not sure how you say he's very weak, in almost every tier list I've seen from big streamers, they always rate him high up. His power lets him vault windows and pallets.

Very excited for this chapter!

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

I wouldn't jump the gun on Weskers strength, the proposed changes are very good. On top of him already being a decently balanced killer.

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

Yeah as fun as Wesker's gameplay and animations are, his perks got nerfed into uselessness.

However, the next dlc is worth buying purely for Rebecca. Hyperfocus and Better Than New are two build-defining perks that will make gen rushing easier than ever.

Hyperfocus, Fast Track, Stakeout, TINH = hit your skill checks and do gens in almost have the time

BTN, Botany, We'll Make It, Desperate Measures = Quickly get survivors buffed and genrushing faster than ever. Completely nullifies Gift of Pain after the BTN buff.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Better than new is dead, it no longer grants repair speed. Wesker's vault perk will likely see use on many killers.

• BlazePyron2
    BlazePyron2 Member Posts: 145

wait what hold on

*reads patch notes again*

ok either the omission of repair was an accident or they're being outright deceitful by not clearly mentioning that in the notes. Their language makes it seem like a significant buff but as written it's just a complete retooling that provides little benefit.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,855

Here's me playing Ghostface...a weak killer but a load of fun overall.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 679

I don't really care about the perks and stuff but everything you used to describe Wesker is very inaccurate. First of all his power is the definition of an anti-loop power which can be used off cooldown for mobility. Also as of the latest update, he can damage survivors through windows and at pallets if survivors try to be greedy. Another thing to correct as well, is that yes Wesker actually does have an instant down. If a survivor is fully infected with the Uroburos virus, they are immediately downed if at full health.

I still don't know why his terror radius is so big...a mystery I guess

• Murgleïs
    edited August 2022

Bestie I am talking of using him against good survivors, his antiloop is not good.

Exemple of good antiloop : nurse, pyramidhead, artist

Exemple of bad antiloop : clown, trickster, pinhead, dredge

It seems good, sure it works on some loops (that are weak anyways) but it can be baited and useless against strong tiles.

His mobility is lacking on huge maps, what I am supposed to do when I hook someone on coldwind farm and all the survivors are far away ? Proxycamp ? (at least the terror radius will be useful for that). I don’t see anything else.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

From reading the buffs he will definitely be a low A tier contender I don't see what's wrong with his power and for weaker loops his power sucks at you can just zone, break pallet, and catch them with your power right after.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

His chase power is weak.

When you use it at the wrong places.