"Boohoo why buff Borrowed in the basekit :((((("

Options

I love reading posts like this.

Killer mains should look in the mirror and wonder why BHVR felt it was necessary to buff the borrowed basekit after all.

Maybe because there are numerous opinions that tunneling is a good strategy in the game? The last patch was supposed to minimise this, with killers getting +10 seconds to each generator and general buffs dedicated to chasing survivors.

But despite this, tunneling in the game continues to do well, and apparently Behaviour doesn't want people to play this way.

Just adapt :)

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

How could someone who does not tunnel "look in the mirror" and come to the conclusion that you came to. You did not think that one through, fam.

You should adapt to learn what a mirror is before asking others to adapt. Highkey.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    Options

well your post is the first I see here. So you are talking to who exactly :))

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,645
    Options

I've seen at least 4 different posts and about 55 different comments complaining about it. So they're talking to them.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    Options

Yeah, I don't tunnel as a practice, but if you bodyblock off hook I am absolutely tunneling you.

I am fine with the unhooked surv having the extra protection, but it should be understood that if they don't use it to, you know, get away, they get what you get. And that's on them.

• Tsela
    Options

yeah but so far teh posts were made by survivor mains, or I have to scroll back even more to find at least a topic made by a killer main?

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

I'm not complaining. But now I wont feel special for bringing BT now

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,808
    edited August 2022
    Options
  • lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options
  • Tsela
    Options

well I suppose that's what PTB is for, they experiment with it, see how it performs, if it needs some changes reverted or not... Well I don't know. Creating worthless topics about it will not change much, the most things change after they pay attention to it's performance on the PTB. That's how they adjusted Reassurance also. This is what PTB is for, I guess.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,645
    Options

3 main posts on the front page either complaining or with comments of complaining

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 657
    Options

This.

I intentionally try not to tunnel, but if someone tries to bodyblock with endurance they are going back on the hook, DS or no DS, and I will not feel bad about it.

To be honest, I wouldn't even call this tunneling. Tunneling is focusing down one survivor and ignoring all others. If I'm trying to ignore the person who was unhooked but they intentionally stand between me and the person who unhooked them, then I'm not ignoring the other survivor, the person who was unhooked is intentionally making it difficult for me to get to them so of course I'm going to take the easier option. If you want me to ignore you then don't get in the way.

So yeah, the basekit BT buff is fine.

• Tsela
    Options

well comments of complaining are present from both sides about anything and everything for sure. The most often used complain usualy is about supposed campings and tunnelings. But the devs will not care much about the complains of either side, they pay attention on PTB, and adjust that basekit also again if needed regardless of how survivors or killers feel about it. As Reassurance was also changed. It's a test environment. I'm only playing the live version, I leave the guinea pig part to others. Creating useless topics about anything like this for bait will not make the devs change anything. Even if some think that this or that was changed because people "complained". I found that assumption always funny

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335
    Options

All this will do is make a tunnel wait 10 seconds to take the hit off the hook just like regular old BT. I don't see this having an impact on the survivor community who want it b/c camping/tunnel only works if the other players aren't doing gens. Good survivor teams can get 3 escapes easy if the 4th who gets camped has a solid first chase. Top teams will get all 4 out, especially with this now free BT.

Bad teams, bad solo q teams, this won't help. The complaints will continue after full base kit BT

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178
    Options

The Basekit BT buff only affect those who try really hard to tunnel, and those who try really hard to not tunnel.

If you do not tunnel, but tunnel if the Surv tries to force you to hit them, nothing changes.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    Options

Yep, exactly, and IMO if you're trying not to tunnel but a survivor bodyblocks with endurance they are practically asking to be rehooked, so just oblige them.

Play fair and play nice. But don't play naive.

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 790
    Options

the tribalism and passive aggressiveness in this community is so ridiculous lol

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

I haven't seen a single topic complaining about it. I think doubling the duration was excessive, but ultimately fine.

But yeah, blah blah blah filthy killer mains. You ever get sick of thinking in those reductive, tribal terms?

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707
    Options
  • Vagab0ndCat
    Vagab0ndCat Member Posts: 80
    edited August 2022
    Options

Yes, when killer mains complain, its actually for a VERY significant reason/change (you're gonna see that reason when the patch drops).

They dont behave like ######### muppets, acting like the WHOLE game suddenly became unplayable and the world's collapsed on them because of ######### 0.X number changes, i'd have to use a magnifying glass to actually see the changes they made to the killer's action times ingame, the actually significant changes they made to the "killer sided patch LUL" were solely to the absolutely busted low risk/high reward perks.

Not that any of these changes are going to deter me from trying my absolute damnest to bury your asses into the ground (ingame of course), but yeah, we complain about the insane patch notes they're baking in BHVR oven, not the petty #########.

As expected, the "killer sided patch" was their pathetic excuse to go crazy with survivor and try to mask it as "balance".

• UMCorian
    UMCorian Member Posts: 531
    edited August 2022
    Options

IMHO: The problem always comes back to MMR.

MMR has a psychological impact on players - that's why almost every MMR system hides the actual number. Because you're playing a "rated" game, every loss feels worse, every mercy extended makes you less of a player. But even if its hidden, people know it's there regardless and change the way they play - including tactics.

Tunneling/Camping happen because they're easy and almost always work. If you sit in front of a hook long enough, Survivors come to you. The only counter is coordination between 2 or more survivors to take protection hits. And since most players are solo queue, it doesn't happen too often. And yes: "Just do Gens vs. a Camping Killer" works great ... but again only if you're coordinated in a SWF... all the killer needs is for 1 of the 3 unhooked survivors to not get the message and pay off the strat.

Tunneling/Camping have always been a thing, but it wasn't until MMR where it became an almost every game thing.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

Agreed. They should let you hit and kill the unhooker, you’re the nature power force and deserved it. Imagine a surv helping others!

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,177
    Options

Killers shouldn't even have the option to play intelligently at all. Heres my idea, After hooking a survivor the killer is teleported into a small room where they can't do anything until the survivor on hook is removed and healed and all survivors need to press a ready up button before the killer can come out. And no gens arent paused during it! This will only effect campers.

• TheWheelOfCheese
    Options

Not saying they can't try to help others, I'm saying that they shouldn't be surprised if they find themselves on the hook again when they get in the killer's way.

You might not be able to see it, but I'm defending the basekit BT buff from those saying "but survivors will use the extra time to bodyblock!" Yes, they might, and killers can simply punish them for it. The extra 5 seconds doesn't matter in this scenario.

It does matter when the unhooked survivor actually tries to escape the killer, which is the intended usage of basekit BT.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    edited August 2022
    Options

Tunnelling still makes sense because the best pressure you can apply to the survivors is to eliminate them.

The problem with defensive perks like BT is that they get leveraged aggressively, you body block with endurance.

This in turn undermines the very point of having base kit BT, its so you can get away.

But when it gets leveraged aggressively to allow the rescuer to get away too, the better play becomes well... target the unhooked player.

You've eaten the endurance you now have 2x health state with a head start on 1st stage hook VS 1x health state with a head start on 2nd stage hook, I know whom I should target in that scenario.

Then the body blocking BT player gets tunnelled out and rightly so, (nothing personal just good game sense) and they come to the forum and cry tunnel BAD waah... and round and round we go.

You can't blame survivors for leveraging something like base kit BT to body block it can make good sense, but you also can't blame killers for doing what's best in that scenario which is often target the body blocker not the rescuer.

It's not basekit BT that's bad or even tunnelling for that matter, its this immunity to tunnelling people expect to have no matter what in game choices they make, which is just ridiculous.

This whole thread and many of the replies are built on this ridiculous premise that you should be immune to elimination until games end.

Post edited by pseudechis on
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

"apparently Behaviour doesn't want people to play this way."

Having tools to avoid being eliminated early does not mean BHVR don't want tunnelling.

By this logic BHVR also don't want people to repair gens because slow down perks exists and you can regress them.

Also they don't want people to leave because no way out exists?

You're not supposed to hit injured people otherwise why would dead hard exist?

See it such a silly way to look at the game.

Base kit BT doesn't mean tunnelling is bad, its... we don't want people to have to rely on a perk to avoid early elimination, here's a base kit tool to help.

Same as we don't want killers to feel they have to run slowdown to have a chance, here's a base kit increase in gen times to help.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,003
    Options

It's needed. I've seen many times where it does nothing. For example, just then a camping NOED Nemisis. Jumped hook, couldnt even make it anywhere before he got me again. I still managed to escape because the other survivors pulled of the smartest bullshit I've seen in a solo queue and Nemisis rage quit because he lost his NOED bait, but still

• 6659Leg
    6659Leg Member Posts: 102
    Options

I feel like people don't understand 1 very teeny tiny small thing.

If the killer wants you dead,he's gonna do it. Literally you tell us to adapt but the methods we can use don't really make a difference if we want you gone. So like,ggs I guess? Still gonna hook ya lol

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

They decreased the cooldown for a successful hit and decreased the survivor hit boost from a hit.

Of course anyone will tunnel even more with a change like this.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,575
    Options

And then they can have DS still, which throws that whole argument out the window, if the ignoring that the Endurance hit gives the survivor a sprint burst part didn't do that already.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,575
    Options

We keep falling for it. We think that one of these days, the devs are gonna give us killers something without adding a catch to it. Why can't killers just get a qol change or a perk buff? Why do survivors always have to get something to compensate? There's nothing to compensate because they already have an insane advantage!