Oppression with Call of Brine + Overcharge?

Hey, good day everyone. I have a question that just stuck in my head. Does Oppression work with Call of Brine and Overcharge? I mean, Oppression makes 4 generators regress and Call of Brine + Overcharge makes generator regress at 400% after 30 seconds. SO, If you kick a gen with these perks, will other generators that are affected by Oppression regress at speed of 400% or it will regress with it's default value of 100%?

Comments

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182
    edited August 2022

Oppression does not apply anything to the other gens except base regression, you cannot have multiple pops/CoBs/overcharges from a single kick.

• ACERESS
    ACERESS Member Posts: 3

Thanks a lot, now I can say that Oppression is almost same as Ruin, but worse.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I had so much hope for it when it came out too. Same with Eruption. Oppression's cooldown is just too long.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,899

Sadly no it's not the case. If it was it might actually justify the 80 second cooldown oppression has.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

It’s actually not worse than Ruin because, unlike Ruin, Oppression isn’t a Hex that can be permanently lost or that turns off after a survivor dies. So even though you have to kick to get it to activate you at least have that ability the whole match aside from the (admittedly probably too long) cooldown. Note also that Oppression does pair well with Surveillance much like Ruin does, setting multiple generators into regression simultaneously that you can monitor with Surveillance.

That said, as I mentioned above, I do think the cooldown on Oppression is probably too long. 80 second cooldown seems kind of rough. It probably does need a cooldown of some sort, otherwise it would be clearly better than Ruin, just not 80 seconds I think. (Also you have to be a little careful since it becomes a lot better of an effect once the first survivor dies since at that point the remaining survivors will have a harder time keeping up with multiple generators going into regression at once.)

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

Eruption is actually good now. Combine it with Call of Brine, Overcharge, and Deadlock, and it's a monster on any killer.

• danielmaster87

It's nowhere close to a monster on any killer. I've just done a whole stream of Call Of Brine/Overcharge/Eruption, and it was garbage. The games I did win, I would have won anyway. The games I lost, those perks did nothing for me. They literally encourage you to play in a weaker way. You need to commit to kicking gens instead of pursuing the survivors and getting more injures/downs, which makes them overall safer across the course of the match, which allows them to gen tap the gens you kicked and you get no regression. And as I predicted, the consistently healthy survivors who got hit by Eruption simply ran at me and took me on a chase, which is what Incapacitated encourages you to do since you can't work on gens or heal. And what was I to do, ignore them when they ran at me, just so I could find survivor who could work on gens, just so the person I just dropped chase with could get back on a gen since I left them and Incapacitated only lasts 20 something seconds? *inhale* The rest of you fools can try to make that "unbeatable" perk combo work. You can count me out.

• hailxsatanxeveryxday
    hailxsatanxeveryxday Member Posts: 913

Yeah, you'll still lose all the gens if you don't have Deadlock. I tried a few games yesterday with Overcharge+Call of Brine+Eruption+Pop, and it's much less effective.

And yes, you need to play with a very specific playstyle. Kicking gens becomes more important than committing to chases. I play mostly stealth killers, so I get a lot of free hits out of the fact that once they realize you have the CoB/Overcharge combo, they'll all hug gens, which cuts my chase time in half. Find the weakest looper and tunnel them out; once it's 3v1, they don't stand a chance, especially if you have a good potential three-gen set up.

I win 90% of games with this build, and I'd say that, more than half the time, there's only one gen left when I do. So I think Deadlock makes all the difference there.

Since I mostly play M1 killers, it's more consistent than a full anti-chase build in many cases. If you have zero mobility, a genrush squad is a very real threat no matter how quickly you can get downs.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited August 2022

Would anyone be opposed to Oppression getting a buff that makes gens hit by it regress faster? Kinda like a mini overcharge/call of brine effect

It's current effect is nowhere near close to being worth an 80 second cooldown

• danielmaster87

Then where's the power in the combo if you also need Deadlock, weak links, tunneling, and Undetectable to win with it? The way I've heard it be described is that Overcharge/Call Of Brine/Eruption wins games on its own, and that you actually can't lose with it.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

In my book is better than Ruin, since Ruin is a Hex. I love to use plenty of kick effects, probably I will get this too.... Damn now I have to prestige twins also for this

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,596

We already have Overcharge and CoB for faster regression, I wouldn't add another perk for that. The nice thing about oppression is the time saved by not having to walk around to kick gens.

Imo, the cooldown should be decreased massively, 45 or even 30 seconds would be perfectly fine. Furthermore I would like if the affected gens would keep their difficult skill check until a survs works on the gen again, like with overcharge. So overcharge for the skill check on the kicked gen, and oppression for the skillchecks on the other gens (either imidiate or when next hopping on the gen). That would be nice.

• amazing_grace
    amazing_grace Member Posts: 734

I agree with you that this combo is annoying, but it's not overpowered on most killers and as long as survivors do a good job splitting up on gens, it's kind of a meh combo on most killers.

I will say though that on blight, it's pretty good because of his mobility. There was a game yesterday that basically handed the blight a 3k instead of a possible 1k/2k because eruption hit the gen when it was at like 95%.

This combo can be deadly for soloq players, and that's probably about it. Eruption hurts solos a lot and does nothing to swf, probably why people have so many mixed opinions on how strong this combo is. A good swf or efficient solo team can power through these perks.