If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Playing nice doesn't get you kills

Options
AnchorTea
AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,014
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

You want to be fully immersed and kill all survivors every match? Play dirty.

If you say there's no difference in results then you're wrong. Just plain wrong.

Comments

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

I just want a crystal clear goal for killer. Also maybe something else for survivor since just escaping isn't it. There should be other ways you can count it as a win. Talking self sacrifice to save someone else or if you take chase for a long time and gens get done.

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

I don't think anybody is out here asking killers to "play nice". I think the bulk of complaints are that tunneling and camping are boring tactics that require no skill and only serve to push your MMR to a point where you eventually get stomped back down to where you began.

You can 4k consistently without tunneling or camping, but that's not synonymous with playing nice.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    edited August 2022
    Options

Correct, but the best strat for the best games is as follows:

1. On the 13th of the month, at rank reset, sweat super hard to get to iridecent 1.
    2. Once you do that, play your games such that you hook everyone twice, and then kill your obsession. Then just slug people until you max at your bloodpoints in other categories.
    3. After that, let the other 3 survivors go.
    4. After a while your MMR tanks down because you are only getting 1 kill, and you get more chill games and get to mess around and play with memey builds.
    5. By the time the 13th comes around, you should be super low MMR so getting rank 1 should be easy.
    6. If someone DCs or kills themselves on hook so you end up with an extra kill, just immediately let the other survivors go so you at least only draw.

This is great because:

1. You get more chill games you can have fun in.
    2. Survivors are usually happy because several of them made it out and you can play super nice.
    3. You usually get 30-35k bloodpoints, nearly capping out.
    4. Your queue times are faster.
    Post edited by Reinami on
  • C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

I do 8 hooks 0K and I have fun.

Hardcore killers dont as their MMR goes up.

• BrowneChiari_
    BrowneChiari_ Member Posts: 38
    Options

But... Killing all the survivors is the assassin's goal, isn't it?

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 936
    Options

Most players are doing it already, it's easy to forget that this game has 28 playable killers when most games are nurse/huntress tunneling and "proxy" camping, it's weird people have fun only when they win even if it's the lamest wins ever seen and only using cheap tactics

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Playing dirty only puts you in a higher MMR than your skills warrant. If you have to play dirty to get consistent wins (3-4ks about 40-50% of your games), it means you don't have the chase and macro game to compete at your MMR. If you feel like you should have a higher win percentage, you need to lower your expectations if you want fair and balanced gameplay.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

To clairfy, face camping is only one aspect of so called “not playing nice”. I see posts and after-game chat that implies there are survivors who think slugging and downing someone multiple times in a row is also “not nice”.

Personally I don’t facecamp simply because it’s both generally an inefficient use of time and also just kind of tedious standing around for two minutes. I have zero issues with slugging for pressure or so called tunneling though.

• ThanksForDaily
    ThanksForDaily Member Posts: 1,286
    Options

I prefer to play "nice" than sweating my *ss off for what

• EvilSerje
    EvilSerje Member Posts: 1,070
    Options

I love what usually hidden under "dirty". Not using dirty mindgames and catch survivor in a loop, not do tricky bait, not getting all 4 survivors busy and scared. No, it is usually camping and tunneling.

Oh, I LOVE to punish these "dirty" players, when they run after me for 5 minutes straight and then complain about genrushing. I don't even have to try not to bring "dirty" killer to other teammates or save pallets, only one survivor exist for "dirty" killer. That's some skill.

I think I know what changes would be healthy to DbD: increase MMR by 100 for every camp/tunnel kill. Because it is undoubt skill and we can safely increase MMR according to that brilliant skill level. And on super high MMR teams usually show how skillful that "tactics" are.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

I got a 4k with Basement Bubba yesterday, but I said ggs in the EGC so I think I was pretty nice :)

• neb
    neb Member Posts: 789
    Options

Just play nice-ish at the beginning, and if you're getting curb stomped, switch it up a bit and start playing dirty. At least that's how I do it, and I usually get wins this way.

• HoodedWildKard
    HoodedWildKard Member Posts: 2,013
    Options

I think it depends how the survivor team is. If i have a seal team 6 swf team, I'll usually tunnel/hook camp etc because there will be one or two players who are so good at looping i struggle to land a hit on them. Chasing them is literally a waste of time and just loses me points. So i go for the weaker links to ensure i get a sacrifice or two. Be stupid not to.

If the team is struggling against me I'll spread a little wider. Cover gens and chase unhookers rather than unhookees. Makes for a more fun game and qe all get more points. Tbh if i kill 3 survivors, I'll usually let the 4th one go. U less they've been toxic and crouch spamming me. Then I'll happily send them up to the big claws in the sky lol.

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    Options

BHVR: "We don't let you see your MMR because then players would figure out how to manipulate it."

Players:

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,798
    Options

You can 4K consistently against poor/average survs while playing "nice", but against really strong teams, you're gonna have forget the rulebook sometimes if you want your kills.

I only rarely do it, and only in dire circumstances, but tunneling (provided you can quickly catch your target) is effective at every level. And since at higher levels most survs are good loopers, it does actually take some skill. If you're actually a no/low skill killer trying to tunnel against strong survs, you will lose.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,046
    edited August 2022
    Options

You can definitely get kills without playing dirty. You don't need to 2 hook everyone before getting kills, just playing normally gives you a fair chance at winning. So not just camping and tunneling a survivor out of the match as soon as they are unhooked.

Problem is, tunneling and camping right now are just too effective, especially because of the much lower skill required to pull off those tactics. Tunneling will be nerfed some more in the next patch, which is great, but camping still needs some nerfs as well. Then the best way to play killer, at least in most situations, is to not use these cheap tactics. And that's exactly what this game needs right now, after killers got a bunch of baseline buffs.

• SOULWARRIOR71K
    SOULWARRIOR71K Member Posts: 431
    Options

The whole concept of playing nice only seems to apply to killers. Survivors are free to do whatever they need to do to win and it's perfectly okay. But if a killer wants to play efficiently, it's "playing dirty" lmao. Other than straight up face camping, every other strategy should be considered fair game. If killers have to deal with exhaustion perks, prove thyself, COH, adrenaline, off the record, body blocking, swfs, clicking flashlights, teabagging etc and all of those things are just considered part of the game, I'm baffled as to why people insist on having a rulebook that killers must play by. Survivors do not care about the killer's fun and nor should they. And killers should not be concerned with survivors' fun either. One side's job is to kill and the other is to escape. It's like people forget that part lmao. Imagine if killer mains went around telling survivors that they shouldn't care about escaping and that getting 3ked/4ked every game is just fine as long as you played by certain rules and had fun.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,611
    Options

You don't make friends with salad.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959
    Options

If you can't 12 hook in all your games with killers like Pig or Myers, it's just a skill issue!! Killers just got a massive buff from BHVR!! There is NEVER a justification for camping or tunneling!! - survivor mains

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Gonna clarify real quick here. Tunneling is targeting the same survivor repeatedly. It is not tunneling if you have hooked someone inbetween. It is also not tunneling if that survivor chooses to try to do anything other than getting out of there.

Not tunneling and playing nice are not synonymous.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

Imo, most of what you described on the survivor side is fine-ish. Perks are perks, and both roles have a selection of perks that make the game considerably more difficult for the other side. Taunts with flashlights and tea-bags is just like smacking someone on the hook or just standing over a slug nodding. It's acting like an ass, but it's not stopping anyone from playing the game. Body blocking is legit just like slugging is legit.

Is it annoying? Sure, but pretty much anything the one side does to hamper the other is annoying. The difference is taking away the ability for the player to do pretty much anything, which is what face camping and hard tunneling at five gens attempts to do. It'd be as if the survivors had an ability to stun the killer in the first minute of the match for 45 seconds, then 15 seconds later they could do it again, then again, and when we come out of the last stun, the gens are done and the gates are open.

Facecamping, hard tunneling, slugging all have a place in our play book, but mostly they should be reserved for endgame, when everyone has had a chance to actually do something in the match.

For what it's worth, I do agree that there is a level of hypocrisy where killers are take their foot off the gas or play nicer in certain situations, but the same rarely seems to hold true for survivors when the situation is reversed. To me though, this is minor compared to taking almost complete agency away from a player to really do anything but hang on a hook for two of the three or four minutes they get in a match.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,896
    Options

Play thematically is a better way to describe it.

Its a horror movie and you are the monster... act accordingly.

The best games are the thematic games.

• Murgleïs
    Murgleïs Member Posts: 1,046
    edited August 2022
    Options

Don’t listen to this clown.

• I 4k most of my matches as Blight, I get 30k+ as killer while survivors will get between 0-5k (for the players tunneled) and 10-15k for the rest.
    • I play late after work and have instant queue as killer

Play whatever you want, but don’t believe that playing nice will improve your gameplay experience as killer because it won’t.

Post edited by Murgleïs on
  • Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    Options
  • Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    Options

No manipulation here. I just like to be nice and let survivors go :).

• sasnayahdrezka
    sasnayahdrezka Member Posts: 132
    Options

9 hooks and 3 escapes makes me feel better than tunneling or securing stages i am sorry! dont forget u HAVE TO TUNNEL!! u have to have to obligated by law

• NightmareKT
    NightmareKT Member Posts: 228
    Options

Sorry, not everyone 4ks with Freddy unlike you. You think this game is built around having to hook people one by one? M8, 1 to 2 gens fly just trying to get 1 to 2 hooks.