Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

BHVR actually listened to campers and nerfed Reassurance?

Listen BHVR I love you(not really) but here is a thing - if SWF group or single individual wants to torture someone, they will do just that no matter what. No matter the perks or anything else. Reassurance was perfect as is - if killer wants to camp, let them do just that, stare at survivors eyes for the whole match while everyone else leaves. Now it's gonna be another OP SWF perk and almost useless solo Q perk.

Comments

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251

they could just add skill checks like in phase 2. if you want to die you fail 3 of them.

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024

I mean those who doesnt camp wont be punished. Becuz eventually will be rescued or its gonna be a 3v 1 and even you are wasting time getting close to the hook and use reassurance

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I as a camper, looked at it from the general standpoint and not from my camping standpoint. It needed some change, I dont know what the changes were (think it was something about once per hook instance maybe), but it did need a change

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524
    edited August 2022

you are daydreaming of course. BHVR didn't listen to anybody, just watched how the perk performs in PTB, and adjusted as needed

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

How can you now that? Old bp was part of the basic game if i remember right, this perk is part of a lizensed chapter, meaning you have to spent money to get that. And while i have several of the licensed chapters, i dont plan on buying this (basicly because the state of the game and the way it is going), so i for one will never run it. So i personaly doubt it will be just as common as old bt.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,804

they nerfed it because it would let survivors effectively take their teammate hostage and make them unkillable, the nerf made it so that you can no longer do that, it's not like they made it completely useless, it's just can't make a survivor Immortal against their will anymore

• xni6_
    xni6_ Member Posts: 505

they listened to the survivors concerned about it being used to hold people hostage

i dont think the perks dead or anything tho... its just a bit weaker, but still does what it was designed to do (make camping much more of a time waste).

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,366

The perk still counters camping, you just can't use it to keep a survivor on the hook and never have to save them. That wasn't a healthy aspect of the perk.

The changed form wants you to get hook rescues so you can get more value from it. Which is much better for game health in the long term.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Are you sure complaints weren't from survivors?

• GooseMan
    GooseMan Member Posts: 104

... and this is what you get when super-overpowered survivor perk becomes just overpowered.

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

The perk was adjusted as needed, because it was needed. Simple as that. Not because some imaginary "campers" told them to. It was tested, it's onvious problems were observed, and adjusted again. I know some things might look too good to be true to some people but you just have to understand that PTB is for testing ideas, and changing them is perfectly normal. You just shouldn't have taken a work in progress as granted.

The devs don't listen to some killer mains to nerf something, nor to survivor mains. The performance is observed in the game, maybe they will nerf it more, or adjust it again, just keep using everything, or even abusing in PTB, that's what testing is for, that's what people did, and demonstrated the things that need change.

• Nirgendwohin
    Nirgendwohin Member Posts: 1,251
    edited August 2022

my idea would be the following.

they could add one one check at the beginning of the reassurance cycle. if you hit it you are save for the rest of the reassurance period. if you don't react you get a second check and if you don't react you advance in the hook stage at normal speed. if you fail the check you lose half of the reassurance period.

for each period you get 1,500 bp up to the maximum 10,000 bp in the survival category to prevent trolls stop you from earing bp by letting you hooked or salty killers who just want you out of the game for various resons.

• Edilibs
    Edilibs Member Posts: 699

What did Reassurance do originally and how was it nerfed?

Guest Member Posts: 15

The complaints from survivors was that the perk was locked behind a paywall making it borderline P2W.

The nerf essential made a borderline useless perk in SoloQ and a good perk for 4swfs.

• Marik1987
    Marik1987 Member Posts: 1,700

It was abusable.

I cant wait seeing survivors using BT with Hope when the 10sec-Base-BT goes on. 20 Seconds 110m/s for survivors + Hope on top, so survivors will run faster than any killer with the normal speed.

New gods are born.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,157

Hopefully they'll add something basekit to counter camping instead of a single perk locked behind a pay wall.

Hopefully they'll also add some sort of BP for the hooked survivor that is spending extra time on the hook and unable to earn BP either because they are being camped or because their teammates just want to use the perk they bought.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

You don’t need coordination to stall a hook with the perk for 30 seconds which is already just on its own quite a bit of extra time. 30 seconds more time for the other survivors to keep doing the gens could easily be the difference between them being completed before needing to do a rescue and having to do a rescue before the gens are done.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,210

Just like Camaraderie, a few weeks after release, you'll never see this perk used in solo queue again.

But in SWFs this will be stupidly strong. Wouldn't even be suprised if it would be forbidden in "tournaments".

• Blue_Archer33
    Blue_Archer33 Member Posts: 318

If you read the Dev Update, it said that the nerf was to address how abuse-able the perk was. Sure, they can make decisions for other reasons than they state, but was this decision not cut and dry? They make decisions to actively AVOID rewarding facecamping. Further along in the post, they even said that the Borrowed Time base-kit was doing so well in their eyes for avoiding tunneling and camping that they **extended it**

Did you just read this one part of the Dev Update saying Reassurance was nerfed and stop reading to make this post?

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174

They made a perk that did what they tested a while back, pausing the hook timer, and people abused it in PTB just like they had abused it last time it was tested years ago as a basekit change.

"Those who forget the past..." and all that, ya know?

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,453

Reassurance is still an extremely powerful perk that can massively punish facecamping. The only difference is you won't be able to abuse it as 2 people to force people to stay in the game indefinitely. There's nothing wrong with these changes at all.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Sadly, this is how most threads go. People complain about the perk being trash, when its still strong and not abusable anymore. I sometimes really wonder, if the people that complain about it, never got a toxic SWF squad, that tried everything to make their teammates live as unenjoyable as possible.

• D2night
    D2night Member Posts: 224

Bro do you listen to yourself? “Just become SOME killers camp doesn’t mean..” and in the same comment you go and say “reassurance was abusable to a point where it could hold survivors hostage and they could never die”. Ok?? So just because SOME survivors do this, it doesn’t mean ALL will. And let’s face it, nobody is actually going to just sit there and hold somebody hostage in the game. Everybody keeps talking about the “oh but they CAN hold somebody hostage” but in reality that will never actually happen. That will be about as common as the people that said “it doesn’t matter if there’s an endgame collapse, if they survivors still have 1+ gen left 2 of them can just hide and never touch a gen and hold the killer hostage forever in a game on purpose”. And look at how many people do that? Like 0 to none. And now the perk reassurance WILL be abused more in swf because you can only use it once per survivor per hookstage, but if 3 people have it you can use it 3 times. So now if I bring it in solo queue it’s basically useless because it’s 30 seconds and in a swf it’s 60 or 90. They should’ve made it so that a person can use it 2 times per survivor per hookstage with a maximum of 90 seconds in total. It’ll give it more use in solos while keeping it just as balanced in swf. And “it’ll be just as common as old BT” LOL bro have you not realized there’s a perk called kinship which pauses your timer? Look at how many people use that perk lmfao. I literally never ever see it. So to think this new perk will be used in about 50% of the games is crazy lmfao.. “stop whining because you can’t abuse a perk” yet he wasn’t whining and all you said in your comment was mediocre things at best with a low grade jab. Nice job making yourself look like the one who doesn’t know what they’re talking about lmfaoo

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

People were using it to keep people hostage

• emetSdidnothingwrong
    emetSdidnothingwrong Member Posts: 305

Oh no, being able to only add an EXTRA 50% HOOK TIME is so unfair, those darn killer mains getting what they wanted again. Confirmed dead perk.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Not a bad rating, though I was hoping to get Good+ camper.

:(

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

Yes just campers, not people concerned about the ability to hold the hooked survivor hostage, it has to be only campers.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,980
    edited August 2022

Please explain how would they do that, I am intrigued to know

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I wasn't on the ptb so I don't know the full thing but apparently you can go to the hooked person use reassurance, it's active and then goes away and then another person comes and uses reassurance, rise, repeat. That's what I've heard at least. While that won't be common, it would cause situations of 3 man swf's keeping that 1 guy stuck essentially for a long time.

• RedPlll
    RedPlll Member Posts: 36

Still a very strong perk and still stacks with other survivors. Why are you complaining?

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,980

Basically throwing the game, right? And they can't do that right now, they need the perk to do so, I guess

• Neyar
    Neyar Member Posts: 65

Do you have a source for this? A clip, video, anything?

I get that it would be possible, in theory, for two survivors to work together with a killer to keep one person on hook indefinitely, but I have yet to have seen any evidence that this occurred.

And, for the record, if two survivors and a killer work together to body block a survivor in a corner indefinitely, they can do so now. But that seems to not be a concern for some reason. It's almost like a killer coming across two survivors tethered to a tiny space is gong to default to taking their free kills.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I mean, they could have solved the problem of holding survivors hostage differently.

And there just is no way this perk would affect any killer in any significant way other than the killers that camp. Because if the killer didn't camp, the survivor could just unhook the hooked survivor anyways.

It's still going to be decently strong. I agree on that. But it was not abusable when ignoring the holding survivors hostage problem, and it did not need a nerf to begin with. Hard countering camping killers is completely fine for a perk. Especially since it does practically nothing if the killer doesn't camp.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

A small part of me is hoping that one of the reasons they nerfed Reassurance is because they have at least some decent nerfs planned for camping. Especially since they are nerfing tunneling properly now in the upcoming patch as well.

But maybe I am being too hopeful.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Totally agree. Let devs and killer mains play as survivor. We will wait

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

We don't even know how it'll be the change may not be that big of a deal considering we've not used this version yet. Wait for it to release and then decide cause this isn't BHVR listening to face campers. It's more hey this guy could be sat on the hook all game and never die and the Survivors could just do all the gens while they hang there.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333
    edited August 2022

If killer mains are happy with the perk.. it’s a trash perk for sure. You won’t see it, and I expect my teammates to use guardian and not this trash perk to help me if I return some day to this game

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148

I can verify that this works. I was on the ptb and tried that out. Either that or make it so with reassurance, second stage is the exact same as first stage so you can keep attempting.