Will Deathslinger be getting his 24m Terror Radius back?

Title. Deathslinger's pseudo-stealth when using Monitor & Abuse gave him a unique niche as a ranged ambush killer that other killers have no way of occupying, which gave Deathslinger a distinct identity as the only stealthy ranged killer in the game. This also makes up for his limited range, and helps him deal with "hold W" gamers.

The ADS changes were fine once you adapted to them, but the Terror Radius change made an already very perk-dependent killer into a significantly more perk dependent killer.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,952

I dont think a stealth ranged killer will ever be a good idea.

However I would like BHVR to give us some feedback on Deathslinger.

The Killer data from January 2022 says he is weaker than Clown, so is Deathslinger fine?

After his nerf I have found him extremely tedious to play as and I have no clue how to make him work for me.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

They should give us updated stats with Onryo, Dredge and Wesker

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Hopefully he will.

• Elan
    Elan Member Posts: 83

Nah pls. Playing against him was superboring. He shoot you and you didnt even hear him coming. If you want to be instascooped be no TR killer then there are some way to play older version of the game somewhere.

• RonMan32
    RonMan32 Member Posts: 413

I'd certainly love some attention for my boy. Even if they just made him the first 28m TR killer. That's what I've suggested in both of my rework posts.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,227

I'd rather not, actually. I'm enjoying running Coulrophobia, Starstruck and Infectious Fright on him.

Also Stealthslinger was a little dumb, to be totally honest.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

It would be nice to see different TR (20,22,24,26,28,34,36,38)

But for Deathslinger... IDK

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

On a tangent if I were a better shot it would be tempting to try a Silent Sniper build on Deathslinger with his two add-ons that reduce his terror radius while aiming plus Monitor and Abuse which further reduces it out of chase. With those combined you have only a 12 meter radius while aiming and a 24 meter radius out of chase while not aiming. So the idea would be walk up to about 25-30 meter distance, start aiming, and slink up while aiming the remaining distance until you are within the 18 meter range of the rifle. They still won’t hear the terror radius at that point but you can hit them at that range.

Probably tricky to do, especially since you still have a red stain they can spot, but who knows? 🤷‍♂️

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911

I actually use that build. Gold Creek Whiskey + M&A, but I usually don't use the other TR add-on and instead use the Iri Coin or the Warden's Keys. People aren't ever expecting it, so you can get a lot of stealth hits. I daresay, it's fairly effective.

It's just really clunky and awkward to have to hold ADS walk slowly to get a smaller TR. Kind of like using Pig's stealth, except you aren't even completely undetectable. But then again, Pig does not have a gun.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

On a total tangent I love playing Pig using her brown add-on that increases her Crouch movement speed with her red add-on that takes away two traps but you can see auras while Crouched. They never expect it and you can land hilarious Ambushes from around corners because of the aura.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

maybe you could do something like pig with whispers? M&A for a 24m terror radius and both TR addons, maybe a couple aura reading perks to know exactly where people are. when whispers triggers, start aiming and keep aiming until you have a shot. they shouldn't hear you coming but against survivors who look around often idk how well this would really work, worth a shot though

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 1,042

Never, they nerfed it to 32m so he cannot use monitor and become a ranged stealfh killer