Just give up Killer Main...

NightmareKT
NightmareKT Member Posts: 228
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

Forget about ever getting a good patch. If you ever get one, it won't last long. Don't even go to the forums anymore, don't waste your energy typing how this new patch is unfair or whatever. All survivors have to do is whine about it and the devs will say " I gotchu Homie"

When survivors take ages to find lobbies becomes more frequent, the survivors and devs will still be oblivious and wonder what the reason is because they will always tell themselves, killers are balanced so why wouldn't anyone play killer?

This thread will definitely filled will survivors saying, Ahh baby killer boo. Go cry leave the game. Who cares and stuff like that. But to all the killer mains just know that there are better games out there. Go find what suits you. If you think about it, this game is so repetitive. I guess you could try survivor but just holding m1 for 1-7 mins is not worth your time.

I wont be on the threads as much or at all cause it's a waste of time.

Anyways to all the killer mains... Have a good day.

Comments

• I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

The ones that cry about everything are the killer/survivor mains.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

Body bocks unhooked survivor for an extra 5 seconds after hooking them in the basement, gg lmao.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,178

But I lo..lik...enj...but I play DBD 🙁

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 662

Holy ######### #########, grow some thick skin for once. The upcoming patch consists mostly of killer buffs as well except for the meagre 5 extra seconds of endurance.

• ThePrizz
    ThePrizz Member Posts: 111

It sure does feel like the survivors are the bullies in most of the games. Which is pretty sad for a game in which you're supposed to be this raid boss psycho killer, but instead you just eat pallets, get looped around almost infinite loops, see survivors come hug you in order to tank hits for others, and teabag you.

In theory, survivors are supposed to be against the odds, like in a boss fight, making an escape a true thrilling challenge thus actually more fulfilling when accomplished.

Also the way survivors just sit in front of the killer in order to tank hits makes the experience so cringe, like you should just be able to pick up survivors that get too close at this point, why does this small guy have the audacity to come in front of me like that and expect nothing bad happening to him ?

• Jeromy137
    Jeromy137 Member Posts: 348

Most of the survivors that you talk about are more than likely a Swf and not the soloQ.

Like what else are the survivors supposed to do in order to escape you they have limited resources while 90% of the killers have unlimited resources (Myers buddy needs a rework since his is not unlimited)

Survivors are supposed to run stun and hide from the killer while working on gens and sometimes totems when they are not being chased or attacked

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,026

It's ok if you wanna leave. But why are you telling other players to do the same?

Anyway... you had better stop thinking in pigeonholes.

• Rovend
    Rovend Member Posts: 1,063

Wait what?

Killers didnt have like 5/6 basekit buff recently? And longer gens?

Survs didnt get most meta perks destroyed?

Are you even playing this game?

• ThePrizz
    edited August 2022

I believe the way survivors work on a gen should be more challenging (maybe harder/more skill checks ? or maybe being forced to find certain parts that are scattered around the map in order to start fixing a gen or in order to lower the difficulty of the skill checks). The way it currently works basically lets any survivor that has put more than 2 hours in a game not miss a skill check 9 out of 10 times. Maybe decrease the time it takes to finish repairing a gen a little bit but increase the difficulty of accomplishing it.

So in that way I know that even if a guy makes me chase him for a long long time, the other ones need to put effort in repairing the gens, not only idle around them without a care in the world while pressing space from time to time. That would be one thing that would make me happy, good survivors would still get the job done, bad ones will struggle more.

It will also make more room for playstyles, in the current way the game works, you're a good survivor only if you're very sneaky or able to loop the killer properly, you can't be good at doing gens, cause everyone can be good at doing gens since it takes very little skill.

Also as I said above, I would like to be able to straight up pick survivors that get too close to me, since that's like a form of disrespect.

• Jeromy137

Gens have low skill because it would make it difficult for newer players to want to keep playing if they made it constantly merciless storm checks or constant moving skill checks like insane by doctor.

Making a super long objective to find stuff to use on a generator would make survivor almost unplayable with how a lot of killer mains like to play it would kill the game especially if the killer were to bring hoarding perk

They wouldn't allow for you to just pick up survivors that are close that would remove heal states entirely and it isn't a form of disrespect if they are trying to get your attention off of someone else or trying to body block save someone that is more than likely being hard tunneled (current killer meta)

Another point is some survivors run up to killer (not all) trying to see if they are willing to get a chill game in instead of the constant try hards sometimes they just want to have fun and maybe get the killer to goof off

• ThePrizz

It makes literally no sense for survivors to be able to play around with the killer like they're playing "Neighbours from Hell".

There should be a downside to this and that would be making gens harder to fix, the "oh it's gonna be harder for newbies" is a bs argument.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,465

Odd post. I've been enjoying DBD a lot more after that july update. The perk diversity is far better now.

Solo Q is hard, but it's surprisingly common to have one guy immediately give up, and then the remaining 3 stick it out to get to 1 gen left and lose there.

I think 10s + 10% is going to be too much though. How about 8s at 8%? That seems more fair. Then BT could grant another 8 seconds increase instead. I don't know. I just feel like it'll be oppressive lategame. You can always trade and all, but I still don't like it.

A much better solution is to remove unhook grabs and nerf some of the most powerful slowdown, like Pain Res and Deadlock.

• Jeromy137

I'm not arguing with you I am discussing the issues it would cause they want new players to join and make the game have more players if they make the survivors main objective hard while keeping the killers objective relatively simple it won't get them more players.

Theme of the game is for killers to kill survivors while survivors try to escape as long as you are not working with the killer and getting them a 3k to 4k through teamwork of killing your survivor team then there shouldn't be any problem for a survivor making friends with the killer for a fun chill match especially since the killer is also a person and not some bot they might enjoy a chill match once in a while and not have to try hard

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

You joke about hand holding this bad but it's actually already in the game in the form of 4 survivors all spawning split up on 4 different gens. An absolute guaranteed victory

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494
  • ThePrizz
    edited August 2022

I do not think the killer objective is that simple to be honest. It's simple in theory but it is hard to accomplish. I believe a new player would have an easier time playing survivor even with added difficulty on the gens than by playing killer.

I remember when I first started playing as a survivor, I was just sitting on a gen chilling, and then proceed to enter a locker if I heard the killer coming. Doing that I was still accomplishing my objective, it took some time, since I was probably sitting more than I needed to in that locker just to be sure but nevertheless I was doing it.

On the other hand, when I first started playing killer I felt hopeless and frustrated for many many games, before I got the hang of it.

Making something easy and simple doesn't mean it helps newer players, it can also make newer players think that it is just plain boring.

Doing gens in their current state, doesn't feel fulfilling, you're basically expected to be easily able to do them, it gets harder the less gens are left, but it's not hard due to their complexity, it's hard due to the time it takes.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

It sure did but gen rushers still exist. When my first chase ended in down in rpd 3 gens popped. Hard tunneled that then out and got 2K before patch thought the result would been same but at least usually you can stip them. Usually games are easier than before patch you can win even if you make mistakes but before they cost you usually the win.

Survivor side though im losing more and I had to play more survivor simply to get my tomes done had to play yesterday 10 games to get my white glypth through exit. After bad roounds im not also right mindset to play killer because I revenge those survivors what killers do to me. Once I actually saw killer who tunneled me on lobby so I hard tunneled and facecamped and hit him on hook for revenge...

• Jeromy137

If they were to make a change to generators that required extra steps like finding a gas can or parts then they should make it to were hoard doesn't work on them cause that would give to much information for the killer.

I would rather see the way you do the objective change every 20% of the generator like the first 20% you are doing the regular skill checks

then the next you have to press the movement keys or control stick in certain directions in a timely manner when a skill check shows up (which should always guarantee at least 1)

Then maybe the 3rd 20% is tapping the secondary action button

4th being reverse skill checks

And final being regular skill checks again (because of merciless storm)

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

They did also nerf a few killer slowdown perks, thankfully they didn't touch my lightborn, lol

• The_C12H15NO2
    The_C12H15NO2 Member Posts: 335

The basekit buffs killer received weren't super impactful on the game. The DS nerf from 5s to 3s stun and DH change had the best impacts for the killer. Survivors received a lot of buffs to perks (which is fine btw i'm happy to see some meta change on the survivor side for once).

The last patch was more balanced i feel for both sides. But that being said, Scourge hooks have been the only recent positive change for killer gameplay in a long while. And even those are RNG. I understand killer complaints but this post is over-dramatic. I agree basekit buffed 10s plus haste BT is crap and shouldn't be a thing.

That being said, this just means as a killer i know everyone has BT so i will adjust my play accordingly vs just guessing before if the person unhooking had BT. When i play survivor i'll do the same, adjust my gameplay, now that i know i'll always have 10 seconds of haste and endurance.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085
    edited August 2022

This was clear from the beginning that once there is ONE change for Survivors that Killer Mains will totally forget 6.1.0.

But it is no surprise, given that some players are also complaining about the 5 second extra Endurance.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • neb
    neb Member Posts: 790

*gives up in killer main*

• Ginnypig
    Ginnypig Member Posts: 159

I was sent to rpd as a killer and i wanted to test myself after i saw the first survivor. He wanted me to chase him, so i did. I sticked to a plan, which was simple, try to down him. For the first time in dbd, it took me 5 gens to get him downed. It was impossible for me to catch up, i felt every time im about to hit him he moved faster.

I played doctor and some of my power was compeltely ignored by this guy. I knew from there and then, if he was not cheating then you can never ever complain as a survivor. I have recorded everything.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

The last patch (and we are still currently on that update, lol) was literally killer sided and it was ruining the game. Now I get why the developers are the way they are. I take it back... They do know what they are doing, as much as it pains me to admit. I was wrong.

Please buff solo queue. 😩

• Tsela
    Tsela Member Posts: 524

yeah I heard the same nonsense from both sides. Survivors aren't any better. And both side always includes some nonsense about the devs supporting the other side while their side is the oppressed tortured faction or something.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,364
    edited August 2022

This gives me the same vibes as when elephants and donkeys talk.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,219

Because one or a few players leaving doesnt mean anything to anyone. But if he can make it seem like a mass escape from the game, maybe devs will ignore their stats and cater to them instead.

• Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,182

As a killer main I couldnt disagree more. There's definitely still lots of issues and problems on both sides but BHVR is making great strides trying to balance both roles, also attempting to make solo play feel better too.

OP what exactly about the patch do you not like? You don't specifically call anything out and I'd love to have a discussion around what exactly you feel was unfairly changed.

• JakeCannon
    JakeCannon Member Posts: 542

I can’t wait until bots come cause atleast for me I’ll be relatively happy . I won’t have to worry about abunch of unexpected bullshit in game I can’t control or fix . Until then I’m screwed cause this game is the only one of its kind in my opinion (and I’m new so yeah this isn’t very fun)

• OldIronKing
    OldIronKing Member Posts: 67

He is right about one thing. Holding M1 as survivor is pretty boring.

Anyway, I have to go uninstall my game now.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

You mean that patch that had a few promising changes for killers, some of which were nerfed before even hitting live, and all of a sudden the game is "unplayable" and "killer sided?"

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,120

And when that one change happens to be 10 seconds of Endurance and 10% Haste for unhooked survivors, making the BT nerf pointless?

When you actually start to look at balance changes from the eyes of the killer instead of just the survivors, you pick out a lot of things, even though you'll be called nitpicking. What was it in 6.1.0 that made the game "unplayable" for survivors anyway?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

You good? No you're not and it ok.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

I'll agree. Us killer main should go play something else. Which is why I'm playing Hunt Showdown father having gotten a 4 man on Raccoon City.