The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Space Esports' attitude?

Uberfish
Uberfish Member Posts: 19

Is this really the kind of organisation that should be running official events? Among many things, the one thing that's really made the tournament hard to enjoy is the hard club music they play between matches. Many people have vented their dislike to the music. My limit was reached after listening to the same song between matches (which could be a 20-minute wait) had been played for at least 5-6 hours. There's no filling between the matches except this one song, no commentary, no interviews, no DBD content. If anyone expressed any dislike for the type or loudness of the music, they were timed out for 10 minutes, even if it was in a non-confrontational manner.

I brought my opinions to their discord and this was the response:

This is all on top of the tech issues, unclear rules, the fact that a knowledgeable commentator was absent at the start of the event and overzealous mods.

Their attitude is pretty much "This is how we do stuff. If you don't like it, we don't care, deal with it. If you express this, we will ban you". If it wasn't for the fact that I really wanted to see the matches, I would never watch their streams.

In the future, I really hope that the Devs consider other options who can handle their events in a much more professional way that is more in tune with this game's community. Just a quick look at the chat can show you that most of the community is not enjoying many aspects of this event.

Comments

• Uberfish

I should also add, someone in that screenshot typed "Careful what you say, they'll ban you if you say anything bad" and it was deleted by a mod :|

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

Very strange that a tournament put on for the community was run by people who didn't give a ######### about how the community felt. I'm assuming BHVR paid these guys.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Uberfish said:
    Is this really the kind of organisation that should be running official events? Among many things, the one thing that's really made the tournament hard to enjoy is the hard club music they play between matches. Many people have vented their dislike to the music. My limit was reached after listening to the same song between matches (which could be a 20-minute wait) had been played for at least 5-6 hours. There's no filling between the matches except this one song, no commentary, no interviews, no DBD content. If anyone expressed any dislike for the type or loudness of the music, they were timed out for 10 minutes, even if it was in a non-confrontational manner.

I brought my opinions to their discord and this was the response:

This is all on top of the tech issues, unclear rules, the fact that a knowledgeable commentator was absent at the start of the event and overzealous mods.

Their attitude is pretty much "This is how we do stuff. If you don't like it, we don't care, deal with it. If you express this, we will ban you". If it wasn't for the fact that I really wanted to see the matches, I would never watch their streams.

In the future, I really hope that the Devs consider other options who can handle their events in a much more professional way that is more in tune with this game's community. Just a quick look at the chat can show you that most of the community is not enjoying many aspects of this event.

Have never heard of space sports before and now I know the reason why this is the case :wink:
    Nest time you see their name popping up somewhere, you know what to expect

• Uberfish
    edited June 2018

Can't wait for tomorrow, for 10 more hours of the same couple of EDM songs played over and over because they can't get people into a lobby and into a game in under 20 minutes.

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

Don't worry, TydeTyme and Not_Queen should be commentating over the next one I believe

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

If they actually played this game I'd facecamp the ######### out of them

• Broccoli_Jaeger
    Broccoli_Jaeger Member Posts: 252
    I am really happy that i didn't join the tournament 
  • Uberfish
    edited June 2018

@MineAntoiya said:

Don't worry, TydeTyme and Not_Queen should be commentating over the next one I believe

I don't mind the talking parts, what's really stupid is the 20 minutes or so of dead air they keep filling with asinine EDM limited to the same 2-3 songs. It's so bad, Dog Train is starting to become a meme...It's like they have no content to fill the time between games. Any other esports host would be filling this time with interviews, competitions, discussion, predictions, spots etc. And the absolute worst part is they don't realise their job is to entertain the fans and players of the game and facilitate a tournament, not to promote their crappy EDM or esports company. If anyone dares to call this out, they ban them or time them out.

Hopefully, they let Tyde and Queen talk during setup time or else tonight is going to be yet another body count from a wrecked train.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369

@Uberfish said:
    Hopefully, they let Tyde and Queen talk during setup time or else tonight is going to be yet another body count from a wrecked train.

Hey, this is actually a wonderful idea, not_Queen is pretty popular and a good entertainer to watch! ^.^