Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Adept killer achievement

I've just finished off going for the adept achievement on all survivors. The only goal being to escape the trial as the survivor wasn't too bad.

Now that i finished those i wanted to do the same for killer, but i'm curious what the adept achievement for killer means. Because I just got a 4k on myers with just his base perks which was a thing on it's own, but didn't get adept from it.

Does the adept achievement actually mean you have to double pip and get the merciless killer? Cause that does not feel in place if on suvivor it's just escaping.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Yes, you need to play to the emblem system (which is garbage) as a killer. I would not recommend doing it. I only do it for horror movie icons myself because it is so annoying.

• Jarky
    Jarky Member Posts: 599

Yes you do need to double pip. If you want an easier time of doing it, attempt Adepts during the Grade reset, since double pipping at Ash grade is easier than double pipping at Iridescent.

• acharliet
    acharliet Member Posts: 155

Yes, you have to reach merciless killer, so you have to double rank up. Best way to make adepts is after rank reset because you dont need to do so much points to compare doing killer adept while being already at iridestent rank with killer. But still its not big deal to do. But to reach 4 kills in game is not enought tho. Better dont camp and dont tunnel much I guess. So you can use just killer teachable perks but its ok because you can use killers best adons. Lately during one afternoon/evening time I did 10 adepts with killers I even dont play them often, well, and some like cenobite first time. Now since last big patch I feel like its easier to make adepts tho. I wish you good luck.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Killer adepts are like 10 times harder than survivor adepts which are basically gimmes if you play a few games with 'em. Even the hardest survivor adepts, David's and Laurie's are still way easier.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,886
    edited August 2022

Yeah, I only have a few of the killer adepts, and don't really chase them, especially for established killers, because for most of them my MMR is high enough that I just don't want to deal with it.

The trick is to go after them right away. Now I'll take a few swings with a killer when they first drop, which is the best way to do it, imo.

With Sadako and Dredge, I think I got them in my first 2-3 games with them, because I was facing potatoes.

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,475

Yeah oddly it's easier to get on newer killers or killers you never play since the MMR isn't set and you're more likely to go against babies. And even at grade reset you pretty much have to just hope you get put against much worse survivors because you ain't getting double pips against survivors the same level as you.

Also DC's screw you over, which feels like most games sometimes :p

• TheWheelOfCheese
    TheWheelOfCheese Member Posts: 666

I got a lot of the adepts first try. The hardest by far are Plague and Pig.

If you want to get all of them, you have to play Plague without infection because you are heavily penalized when a survivor cleanses (something about it counting as two heals instead of one, or something like that). One or two survivors cleansing is enough to guarantee that you can't double pip. Bring both apple offerings and only use the red puke, and hope you get potato survivors.

• ramon46
    ramon46 Member Posts: 11

Biggest problem for me is that you have to intentionally throw games cause winning too fast apparently means you're trash.

There's also so many survivors who insta dc/die on hook even though it's only the first hook of the game, and there's just nothing you can do agains tit. I feel like a douche having to extend games for 10 mins just to farm survivors.

Reason i'm going after the adept is just to complete the steam achievment, time to put myself through hell i guess.

Thanks for this tip, will defenitly keep it in mind when going for her adept

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Need a 2 pip. Which can be less than a 4k if your grade is low.

• TheWheelOfCheese

Yeah Nurse can actually be a bit hard because either you're downing people really fast and so aren't getting chase points, or you're chasing someone who is decent at juking at range and you never get close enough for the game to consider you in chase. The best way to get the Nurse adept is to go against a team of bad players and hustle them into long enough chases to get your iridescent chaser emblem.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    edited August 2022

My advice is to wait until grade reset and do it then. At Ash you basically just need to 4k for Merciless and make sure you aren't camping too much.

Personally I think they should rework "Merciless" to appear when you get a 4k instead of having it tied to the emblem system. It would save them having to change the actual achievements since they stated it's a lengthy and difficult process, but if they could do it in game and just give the Merciless end game screen on a 4k it would make things so much easier.

On a separate note, good luck with Wraith, Plague, Bubba, Trickster, Slinger, and Blight, who at higher grade have to be played as M1 killers because their powers end chases too quickly or drop chases.

Hag was also hard, after Third Seal on Everyone and Devour Procs it's a complete blood bath, so don't hope your totems stay up.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

With some killers it is ludicrous, ie you can't actually use your power, because its detrimental to your score: Myers, Bubba and Ghostface for example will have a hard time getting their hunting points up if you insta-down survivors. And Pig has its own slew of problems, with entire videos on youtube detailing tactics of how you can maximize your points. Plague is another problematic killer, were you power and perks actually hinder you. They are all doable, but many of them are no fun.

A lot of people have suggested over the years to change the task to getting a 4k or 3k+hatch, but the Playstation Network is probably the culprit, as you can only change achievments there is they have become literally impossible due to gamemechanical changes.

• TheWheelOfCheese

I had the opposite problem with Hag: all my hexes were cleansed within minutes so I never got any value from them. It was basically "double-pip with perkless Hag" which might be easy for someone who mains Hag but is a challenge for anyone who doesn't play her much.

Not that I'm complaining... achievements should take some work to acquire, after all.