NEW CHAPTER: A TWIST OF FATE (SPIRIT IS NOW RIN, A SURVIVOR)

Options
AshInTheTallGrass
AshInTheTallGrass Member Posts: 1,669
edited August 2022 in Feedback and Suggestions

**NOT MY ORIGINAL IDEA***

A while back, another forum member and I were discussing dream chapter ideas. The forum member brought up a fantastic idea.

It's about a twist of fate.

What if BHVR had chapters where certain Killers had become Survivors instead of Killers?

Hold your horses. I'm not saying Spirit is removed from the game. I'm saying that Rin is added to the game as a Survivor. Here's how it would work. In an alternate reality, at the moment Rin was dying, the Entity took her and made her into a Survivor--dooming her to repeat her trauma. How's that for a new level of horror! The Entity is such a malevolent being that it wants Survivors to re-live their darkest moments and literally face off against their darkest selves. It's a very nuanced and mature lore, to be honest. Rin facing Spirit is a literal manifestation of the "sliding doors" theory/the butterfly effect. The idea that our entire lives could've gone differently if only we had made one different decision.

Personally, I would love to see Spirit as a Survivor. I've always felt bad for her and thought her lore was among the best. Her cosmetics would be incredible, too, and simply seeing Rin and Spirit in the same game would be so cool. On that note, I think having a similar cosmetic for both Rin and Spirit that incorporates a butterfly would be a nice homage to the "butterfly" effect idea.

**This idea is also applicable for other characters, but I'd love for it to start with Spirit and Rin.**

*** If that forum member still uses the forums and sees this, I hope you comment/make your own post about it. You might have come up with some more concrete ideas by now and I'd love for you to share them. ***

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments