We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

BHVR logic regarding Wesker perk and the Nurse?

Zomb1eB0y
Zomb1eB0y Member Posts: 42
edited August 2022 in General Discussions

BHVR as a company did some interesting balance changes in the past. This one made me write a post.

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan and I always wanted to have iconic characters in the game. When I heard about Nemesis, Jill & Leon coming to the game I was so happy! What made me even happier was when another Resident Evil chapter was announced! Wesker, Ada & Rebecca are perfect pick!

What I don't understand... Why is Awakened Awareness being nerfed. The perk is mediocre and not that strong to begin with. After you decided to change it I don't think anyone will use it in their builds. One killer build made you to render this perk useless. Logic?

What blows my mind is that you decided to change the perk, making it useless instead of nerfing the Nurse who is already problematic killer. This just screams "Changing the perk is easier instead of changing the killer!"

I play Dead By Daylight these days and I keep going against this boring killer with same builds and add-ons. I thought maybe I need to get better against her so I watched countless videos, I had many discussions with players who have over 8K hours (me having 6K hours) and we came to the conclusion that this killer needs to be changed/reworked! There is not skill issue here and there is no consistent counterplay to her ability. The Nurse isn't even licensed... Why are you taking so long to rework her? I guess people constantly DCing, killing themselves on hook isn't enough reason for you to do something about it. Every other match is the Nurse. This gives me old Spirit vibes and it seems like it's here to stay since no one is cleaver enough to come up with a rework. When I saw you're only changing the add-ons I laughed... As if that's the only problem with her.

Before everyone starts being aggressive I suggest everyone to inform themselves. Not everyone is playing the game on the same level. Beginner Nurses will fall for usual tricks such as LOS jukes, double backing and such. Average Nurse will get you with the second blink 100% because your choices are limited to having no choice at all.

Thanks everyone for taking their time to read this.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    1. AA was garbage even on Nurse, the nerf made no sense
    2. People being immature is not reason to change something
    3. Commonly played is not reason to change something
    4. Good survivors do fine against equally good Nurses
    5. Nurse basekit is perfectly balanced, only range and 3 blink addons are a problem
  • GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,693

"We have a mediocre perk that has an aspect problematic on one killer. "

What's easier? Rework a killer with a dedicated fanbase of 6 years, or slightly nerfing a perk no one will use? This is no different than when Thana was nerfed because of Plague/Legion.

Nurse may be changed. She'll never get a full blown rework like Freddy did, nor should any killer.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Lol... So that is your strategy? DC enough until Behaviour decides to "Spirit" her away.

Do not get me wrong, I would not mind if all her add ons were Freddy tier. However, it is obvious at this point that they do not really care about pubstomp Nurse.

• Zomb1eB0y

Spirit is good now. No more Iron Will that negates her ability. I actually played against top tier Spirits and the games were actually fun.

I don't plan on DCing. I'm just saying she's problematic and the only person having fun in a Nurse match is the Nurse herself.

• Zomb1eB0y
    1. They changed it for no reason then? Gotcha.
    2. Ha ha.
    3. Commonly played = Good reason, old Spirit for example.
    4. That is incorrect. I played against Eternal and they only completed one gen. I didn't use range by the way so it's not a skill issue.
    5. Yes and no.
  • Zomb1eB0y

So whenever there's potential for a perk to be good nerf it because of the Nurse?

Thana was justified because Legion and Plague were stacking other 3 slowdown perks making gens impossible to complete. But nerf was severe.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

I agree with your post but i think Awakened Awareness is still usable even with 2 seconds less.

Nurse players will most likely use this perk regardless, so the nerf did nothing and will most likely create a very unpleasant matches with her.

I'm already sensing lobbies with Wesker and Nurses on the 30th.

• Zomb1eB0y
  • Slowpeach
    Slowpeach Member Posts: 705

'Nothing worth doing is easy'.

Quite honestly 'what's easier' is why DBD is in such a mess and why problems have mounted and mounted and fixed with band aids. In any case, I fully intend on using this perk A LOT. Lots of fun to be had with mad grit and Agitation.

• Zomb1eB0y

You worded this perfectly. If it's an easy fix let's do it. Meanwhile the game suffers.

• DragonMasterDarren
    DragonMasterDarren Member Posts: 2,820

literally the one thing most people agree Nurse needs is for her blink attacks to be counted as Special attacks, that's it

That can be done within 3 minutes at most

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Yeah I do not think "lazy" is the right term here, considering all the balance changes we have been getting lately.

Maybe they haven't had time yet. They did have to work on 2 new survivors, a new killer, and a reworked map, that is reworked into two vartiants. And they are now adding a nerf to tunneling that wasn't even present in the ptb.

But maybe they are also afraid of nerfing Nurse, I don't know. She sure does need a nerf, and it's really sad to see a potentially decent perk to be nerfed because of one, overpowered, stupid killer. I really hope they nerf her soon, and revert the nerf to Awakened Awareness. Really all it would have needed just for the perk to be fine was changing her blink attacks from basic to special attacks.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,683

I hope that the AA nerf is temporary to keep nurse from getting any stronger. Hopefully this has made them realise they need to nerf her but because they don't have enough time for it right now so they are just doing this temporarily.

I still think AA will be alright. Them removing the linger effect is not a deal breaker for me.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,737

I'm almost disapointed the term "kneejerk" hasn't been brought up yet.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited August 2022
    1. I’m glad you agree BHVR was justified in adding Overheat to Billy/nerfing DS to 3s/buffing Bloodlust/increasing gens to 90s/every other change they’ve done. Cause clearly, they’ve never made a bad or illogical decision ever.
    2. Yes, we should clearly pander to immature trash ragequitting and suiciding on hook, amazing idea.
    3. Can you even pretend to know what you’re talking about? Old Spirit was nerfed because you could not tell when she was using her power, where she was using her power, how fast she moved in her power, her max possible power duration, her power recharge speed, or anything else due to there being basically complete zero info to work off of.
    4. Yes, amazing, a singular game clearly proves your point. God, I knew the forums were disappointing but this is a record. What do you think averages are? Hint: It doesn’t mean there’s zero standard deviation.

And here we have yet another person who still probably thinks AA was anything more than a joke of a perk, even on Nurse.

[2.5/3.5s of fatigue/2.7s of cooldown]+3s pickup = A survivor that starts 0m from the killer can run over 20m before the pickup animation even finishes. = The killer cannot even turn around let alone walk anywhere yet. Let alone a survivor that starts further from the killer, because survivors should be staying split up against basically every killer except Twins anyways.

Since I clearly need to restate this for some of the people in this forum, AA only gave the lingering 2s aura for people still inside the 20m when carrying ends. This means dropping (which also takes time) or hooking (which also takes time getting to a hook and then the hook animation itself). Now, let’s try an incredibly basic question. What does that mean for survivors who leave the 20m before the pickup animation can even end? Ding ding ding! It means the linger does literally zero to them! Wow, cool! Amazing! Such an insane perk!

Before someone asks something stupid like "How are we supposed to know the Nurse has AA?" I’ll do them a favor and answer it: You should be staying split up by default against every killer except Twins regardless of their build. Let alone a Nurse you might think has Starstruck + AA/Infectious/whatever.

If you’re in a corner for some reason and can’t get out to the other side, just hop in a locker for a few moments when you notice someone went down till carry and hook is done and 2s or so. Wow, amazing! Cool! Lockers hide auras, isn’t that super neat?