What killer should be looked at by BHVR?

Options
Kira4Evr
Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

Don't worry. Think link just sends you to a voting poll where you can choose between Myers, Nurse, Sadako, Freddy and Trapper. I just wanted to run a little experiment, that's all. (pls don't put me in jail >.<)

Also, why don't BHVR do something similar to this to know what the majority want?

Comments

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Next on the list will be Twins, based on a Livestream a few months ago.

Apart from that, both Nurse and Myers. Nurse for being broken and Myers for being powercreeped (when I started playing he was considered an A-Tier Killer, now he is often named as the weakest Killer in the game).

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options

Freddy needs the biggest rework out of those Killers.

He has nothing unique, nor is he strong in any particular way. He is boring, has a weak Power and 0 Add-Ons

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    edited August 2022
    Options

The Twins and The Shape are the two in the biggest need of a modernization to current DBD in my opinion.

The Twins due to the power being clunky to control. The Shape due to feeling like a relic compared to more modern killers. Although between the two The Twins feels more miserable to play. The Shape mostly just needs an addon pass and slight tweaks to basekit.

There are a lot of killers that need touchups but in my view those are the two most currently neglected or overdue killers.

I feel the only reason The Shape was considered any good a long time ago is because he was one of the few things that could give exposed. As time went on more killers had access to the effect so it became less special. He still has some really cool qualities that are unique to his power but I still feel some nice quality of life changes would go a mile with him.

I have opinions on Nurse but I feel Nurse is just a special case where she warrants her own topic. I stopped maining her when Starstruck / Trickster was added because I felt she had too many tools at her disposal and is now a big problem that bottlenecks the rest of the game. Other than that I pretty much agree with you - Those are the three main killers I'd rework or change at this time.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,408
    Options

I voted Freddy. Maybe you should too @GeneralV.

It's been awhile friend 🙂

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,420
    edited August 2022
    Options

Twins rework, Blight and Nurse addon pass are in most need IMO.

Then the next on the line could be Sadako buffs and freddy re-rework to something unique and not weak.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,072
    edited August 2022
    Options

All of them to some degree.

Myers has to put in a ton of time for what is essentially Haunted Grounds. Trapper is the most wildly inefficient killer on the roster. Freddy is both boring and weak. Nurse could use an add on pass and changes to blink attack interactions with exposed status. Sadako needs something to make Condemned meaningful.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options

Twins/Myers/Sadako/Freddy

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

Sadako is due for a balance pass, they at one point intended to havenew killers on a schedule where they would do a balance pass on them after about six months but the perk rework and other things in the 2022 roadmap put that on hold.

Personally though I think Nurse is the one killer most in need of a revamp. She’s both too powerful for high end Nurse players and too hard to learn for new players and her unique style makes certain perk effects a bit busted. Not to mention staring at the ground all the time is the most annoying killer mechanic in the game.

If I had to pick the changes I’d want for her, they would be

• Let her keep her head up during Blink stun so she’s not staring at the ground half the match.
    • Show a small indicator similar to Plaid Flannel where she’s blinking to (not the same size as Plaid Flannel, though, that indicator is too large and bright, especially at close range, it’s a bit distracting.) This helps new players without making a big impact for veterans who can mostly ignore it.
    • Make her Blink lunges be Special Attacks versus basic attacks. Imagine if Demogorgon or Victor or Wesker got to use Exposed perks with their special attacks, for example, and then make it an even more powerful special attack. That’s the current situation with Nurse.
    • Finally with all those changes in tweak her Blink refresh timer up or down to balance the whole thing out as needed. (It’s hard to tell if the above changes make her more or less powerful overall but either way adjusting the refresh time is a straightforward balancing parameter that can fine tune it.)
  • SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    edited August 2022
    Options

What is wrong with having harder characters to learn and master? If people want simpler experiences, there’s multiple characters they can play. Dumbing everything down for the sake of the average playerbase makes no sense. If you hate the looking down part so much, don’t play her? Others don’t mind it.

• Sludge
    Sludge Member Posts: 768
    Options

Nurse needs to be destroyed just so I can see what all the Nurse mains will do without her

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 939
    Options

Legion and nurse full rework, then probably Twins to make it less clunky

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    edited August 2022
    Options

There’s nothing wrong with a killer being somewhat more difficult to master, but there’s also a point at which the learning curve is so steep it becomes counterproductive.

And in what world would having her keep her head up make her less fun to play? Worst case someone like you doesn’t care, but others would. Nobody, though, is going to say “this is less fun this way”..

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

Nurse then Twins

Given how much feedback they got...

And it would be nice to see other things be discussed on the forums

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 744
    Options

Add-on changes

Nemesis, Executioner, Oni, Hag

Minor power tweaks

Nemesis, Twins, Freddy, Nurse, Sadako

Reworks

Twins, Myers

(There are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.)

• behaviourmakesmesad
    behaviourmakesmesad Member Posts: 59
    Options

Just delete nurse.

• SgtMittens
    SgtMittens Member Posts: 249
    Options

I don't disagree with Nurse at all and should be taken care of immediately. However, I used to love playing Freddy and honestly I preferred him before the rework. I just want them to revert him back to that.

• QwQw
    QwQw Member Posts: 4,531
    Options

Well, her name starts with an N and rhymes with curse.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 767
    Options

Myers, he needs to be buffed. And I'm sick of saying it at this point.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,387
    Options

Freddy is the most boring killer in the game. Power level aside he's just no fun.

1. Snares have buggy placements, you can barely use them on The Game map. Snares have always never been very interesting anyways, they are kinda frustrating because of how little value you get from them in a chase and they only work if the survivor is asleep which is something you don't have a lot of control of.
    2. Dream projection is not as fun to use since the Pop goes the weasel nerf. It's too slow to surprise anyone. You get it very often but freddy basekit gives you no information on how and when you should use it, BBQ or Thrilling Tremors is almost a necessity for this reason.
    3. Dream snares are not so fun, but dream pallets are extremely weak against people that take this game very seriously and are experienced.
    4. Due to how micro-sleep works, freddy does not work well with stealth or terror radius perks. Which leaves him to only really get value out of slowdown perks. He does not have much build potential.
    5. He has the least effective and interesting add-ons in the game. The effects are so minimal and boring. This is freddy's biggest issue.
    6. Now that wesker and pinhead have voices, freddy totally should as well.

Overall, Freddy feels very uninteractive in all aspects. For being Freddy Krueger his pick rate is alarmingly low! Haha... alarm...

• Gary_Coleman
    Gary_Coleman Member Posts: 732
    Options

Doctor should be buffed 5 times. I mean, why not?

• Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,216
    edited August 2022
    Options

Take any tier list of your liking, Otz made one recently for an example. Let's call it the old list. S-D tiers.

Modify all A-D tier killers of the old list so that all C-D tiers of the new list would be in the A-B tiers of the old list.

Close the gaps between killer tiers.

Yes this doesnt touch nurse because buffing weak towards strong isnt exclzsive to survs.